Thread: Thinking of ordering from save express. Advice?

Default Thinking of ordering from save express. Advice?

So I am thinking about ordering from save express since it has gotten so hard to get decent overnite diapers in the usa, I can get 167 diapers from 8 brands for $160.00 or 115 euro plus shipping which will probably run about the same. Personally i think it is still a good deal even with the shipping as it rounds out to 1.79 per diaper and I normally pay anywhere from 1.40 to 1.75 per diaper here in the usa. But the thing I am worried about is since its coming from overseas there may be additional taxes and fees associated but not included in the checkout price and I cant wind up oweing another 100 bucks b/c the irs needs their share. I dunno maybe I am overthinking this, can anyone share their experience in doing this? Thanks!

I live in Australia and I have ordered from them plenty of times with no hassles at all. Have had orders of $300+ without paying any other taxes of any kind. I highly recommend Delicare and plastic backed Kolibri Comslip. Oh and Forma care X Plus! For a really cheap, but good quality daytime diaper try Tena Slip Basic Super. They are ridiculous value for money.

One little bit of advice... pay by PayPal! Their credit card ordering page is completely unencrypted, which should be illegal (if it isn't already)! Still, I had no problems when I ordered from them (using PayPal, of course).

As for the import charges, you might have to pay a "handling fee" to the courier (so have a look at their website), and I found this site which says that the customs charges for importing adult diapers into the USA will be between 0% and 28.2% depending (I think) on the country they're shipped from. To get the exact rates you need to select the product type from a sub-list... but "adult diapers" aren't listed. The closest item I could find was sanitary towels. It then seems to say that they are charged at 0.04% (of the total order value, I presume), apparently regardless of where they were imported from...

Anyway... that's probably as clear as mud and doesn't help, but maybe it'll give you a vague stab-in-the-dark as to what kind of charges might be likely... roughly... or not...?

Import duty & taxes for Adult diapers

I don't know where they are based from, but transmitting CC info "in the clear" will net you a huge fine for not being compliant with PCI-DSS standards here in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    One little bit of advice... pay by PayPal! Their credit card ordering page is completely unencrypted, which should be illegal (if it isn't already)! Still, I had no problems when I ordered from them (using PayPal, of course).
    Yep, I always use paypal too. Hadn't realised that their credit card ordering page was unencrypted though. Good tip Tiny.

I've ordered from them countless times -either paypal or bank wire transfer...

Service is fast, shipment is discrete...
    They are on of my three suppliers - and have been so for many a year. Never once defaulted on a delivery.

However their website - whilst it has seen some "overhaul" not too long ago - is really not that user friendly, and the CC part is downright nasty.
    Just as others have said, I would NEVER transmit CC info over an unencrypted form....

Maybe send them a complaint (I've done so in the past) - probably when they get enough of them they'll finally do something about that.

Aside from said: can recommend them.

Thanks for the advice guys! Also I will definatly be using paypal as I have had my information stolen WAY too many times and its just a pain to get right.
    Also I agree with EP01 about the overhaul of their site, It just plain sucks compared to the way it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys! Also I will definatly be using paypal as I have had my information stolen WAY too many times and its just a pain to get right.
    Also I agree with EP01 about the overhaul of their site, It just plain sucks compared to the way it used to be.
    I mean the older version was CRAP as well, but the new one hasn't improved on any issues... so it's a bad design coupled with tons of UI errors.

i've allways have payed, remitting the money on the "old way", when i've ordered something from SaveExpress, so I cant give advice for that. But theyre service is pretty good!
    When you rally order something there, you should also order a pack of Comficare^^ I'm not easily impressed, but they are veeeeery special^^