Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Went to doctor due to leaking and wet underwear.

Default Went to doctor due to leaking and wet underwear.

It is funny how things change. I started enjoying many years ago wearing a maxi pad in panties and that led to me starting to use Pose pads in the panties. This in turn led me to start wearing diapers. Now at that time I had no issues with leaking at all. I did find that I did enjoy wearing the diapers and peeing in them and would wear them as often as I could - even to work.

However as you age things do change. About a year or more ago I started to find that when I was not wearing a diaper I would have a slight leaking and it would cause my underwear to be very damp. This progressed to a point where I decided to go to a doctor. I did my research and found that the meds that they use for incontinence do not go well with me being on coumadin. I discussed my probem with my doctor and they checked my prostate and found it was a bit inflamed and put me on cipro. The doctor said that the prostate many or not really be inflamed but to take the cipro for 10 days and see if that helped. If I found that that did not help (OH my BPH was normal) then we would go from there. She did say that with my medical condition that probably just using some form of protection would be best. She ask how I felt about that and I told her that given the side effects and risk I would rather protection than take the risk and she thought that was the best decision.

I do not know if the leaking is due to an inflamed prostate or that it is just due to age or due to me having been wearing diapers as much as I have.

It is funny at one point I thought it would be fun to be incontinent. Well it is quite a shock when you find that it is not just a game that it is actually a part of your life.

I ask her if the leaking would get worse and she said that is hard to say it might clear up with the cipro, it might not, it might stay the same or it might get worse.

The thing is that having gone to the doctor and been told that yes you have a problem has also impacted the way I think is some ways. I use to find that sitting in the car or at my desk was difficult to pee. Now after meeting with her and being told it is real I for some reason do not have that problem anymore. I feel the urine very slowly flowing through my urethra and am finding it difficult to not do so - ie to stop it. I have also found that I have to get up about 3 or 4 times during the night even with reducing the volumn of liquid that I drink during the evening.

I have not told anyone about what she said yet. I plan on waiting and seeing if the cipro fixes the problem or if it continues and if it does will address that later.

Have others on here started to wear diapers for fun and then find that the body (probably in my case due to age) changes that they became incontinent?

Threads like these are absolutely necessary. Incontinence is something I wouldn't wish on anyone, and those of you out there that are trying to become incontinent on purpose to fulfill your fetish needs a serious reality check. Imagine, not only the social stigma that goes along with having to wear diapers full time - but how much harder it would be to deal with it as you get older. Now imagine looking back earlier in your life wishing it wouldn't have happened.

This is something I have thought about a lot myself. If I were to keep wearing on a regular basis, how would my mind and body respond to it over time. Now I'm not saying diaper wearing is something I would ever give up personally, but I do take into account the risks involved with them, and so should others.

I hope your problem is sorted out soon. Good luck.
    Last edited by Speck; 08-Oct-2013 at 14:52.

I've delat with IC so far my entire life - but I do NOT think that the IC comes from wearing diapers.

Ok, to be fair, if you developed a routine to "let go" whenever you felt the slightest pressure... and did this over a long time, your bladder will have a minimal capacity - that can lead to overactice bladder, some urge incontinence...
    But that is at least partially reversible (the bladder can increase it's volume again over time, with some "training").
    That is all oversimplified ... but still.

Aside from that, if you just wore them (and even used them) a lot... then NO, diapers will not make you incontinent...
    There's no garment you can wear that will make you incontinent.

Also good of you to see a doc about it.

And no, IC is no game... welcome to my world.

Ok, so our story's are similar but have distinct differences.

I had to go see a urologist recently because every time after I pee I leak a considerable amount. Not only that but when I pee it never comes out as a straight stream. Always spinning, twisting or splitting, and once acted like the mist setting on a hose o.O not good. He asked me a bunch of generic questions about my health and any drug habits which I easily pass. I'm avrage build and don't do drugs ( I don't really know why he kept asking about drugs) any way he then started asking me about my bathroom habits. This is when I found out I over stretched my bladder and weakened the muscles in the area. I would go pee maybe every ten to thirteen hours. Some days I just wouldn't go, at all that day. That's supposedly bad. Now I have to go on the clock every two hours and he still thinks there might be scar tissue in my urethra so in December I have another appt with him to see if we can figure it out. Leaking is not fun, I can at least understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I've delat with IC so far my entire life - but I do NOT think that the IC comes from wearing diapers.

Ok, to be fair, if you developed a routine to "let go" whenever you felt the slightest pressure... and did this over a long time, your bladder will have a minimal capacity - that can lead to overactice bladder, some urge incontinence...
    But that is at least partially reversible (the bladder can increase it's volume again over time, with some "training").
    That is all oversimplified ... but still.

Aside from that, if you just wore them (and even used them) a lot... then NO, diapers will not make you incontinent...
    There's no garment you can wear that will make you incontinent.

Also good of you to see a doc about it.

And no, IC is no game... welcome to my world.
    That is good to know, thank you for clearing that up, however this means I need to make an appointment with my doc then....recently I have been having problems knowing that I had to pee and sometimes wouldn't even feel it happening until it was too late. I thought it was just due to the fact that I had been wearing my diapers too much.

Thanks for all the replys. It is funny in someway what is happening to me. I have posted on Diaper Talk about my enjoyment in wearing diapers for fun and how I did love the feeling of peeing in them, the warmth, the bulk, and the over all feeling of having them on. I did not really think that I would become incontinent from wearing them. Yes I saw many post about people wanting to be totally incontinent and how that if you wore diapers for a very long time and did that 24/7 that your bladder would get smaller and you would retrain yourself mentally to just let go.

However I did not expect this to happen to me nor to actually have an incontinence problem. Well it does look like according the my doctor that age is probably the problem. They did do another BPH test (prosate blood work) and yes it did come back ok. However in talking to her today she thinks that if the cipro does not stop the leaking problem that I will have to make a choice of drugs or protection. She also said that given my medical conditions that she was reluctant to go the drug route at this time. She ask me if wearing protection would be something that I could handle. I told her that given the risk of using drugs to treat the condition or wearing protection (ie pads or diapers) that I would take the protection route. She does not know about me having worn diaper for fun. I do not think that is something that she needs to know. What do people on here think?

I guess the hardest thing is going to be sitting down and talking to my mate about this problem. Lucky for me (not lucky for her) she does have bladder problems also. IE she wears the thin pads incase of leaking when she coughs or gets laughing. I am not having the issue of the leaking so much when coughing or laughing, mine is more of a constant leaking. The other thing that I am finding (now that I am really paying more attention) is that sometimes I do not really notice the leaking is going on. I find that once the pad or diaper is damp that the wetness of the diaper seems to just make things feel ok. What I am trying to do is pay more attention and go more often. I am still wearing a diaper now all the time. Yes even to bed but it is not noticable under my underwear. I am however finding that I wake up and do have to go pee during the night lots. I also find that when I do the diaper is moist but not soaked or really wet very much. I guess what I would describe this as (A slow leak).

Have others on here who have become incontinent later in life found that theres developed more as a slow leak? Did the slow leak then become more than just a slow leak? I guess what I am asking is what have others experienced?

One thing that is good in someways is that I do at least have experience in wearing diapers. God I do not know how I would handle incontince if I had not been using diapers for play and diaper pleasure in the past. It must come as one hell of a shock when someone develops incontinence and has never worn a diaper as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by jennycooper1948 View Post
    The other thing that I am finding (now that I am really paying more attention) is that sometimes I do not really notice the leaking is going on. I find that once the pad or diaper is damp that the wetness of the diaper seems to just make things feel ok. What I am trying to do is pay more attention and go more often. I am still wearing a diaper now all the time. Yes even to bed but it is not noticable under my underwear. I am however finding that I wake up and do have to go pee during the night lots. I also find that when I do the diaper is moist but not soaked or really wet very much. I guess what I would describe this as (A slow leak).
    If you want to 'feel wet' when your leaking, one thing you can do is wear regular underwear under your diaper. The fabric of the underwear will become wet and feel slightly colder than the surrounding areas, letting you know that you are, or have recently 'leaked' but the diaper will still protect your outside garments.
    If you later start heavy wetting or total urinary incon, than this is not advisable as the larger amount of urine will probably leak all the way around the sides of the underwear and out the diaper.

This is exactly my problem. I went to a uroligist and my diagnosis was an overactive bladder because apparently it's smaller then average. All this resulting in unwanted stuff coming out when I have to go. It really sucks and sometimes you don't know it happend until it's too late. I never want to wish it on anybody. It will get better just need to be positive its all how you look at it don't let it stop to from doing things. Im 24 and in college and yeah some people know about it but dont let that bother you. Confidence is key. Think to yourself when am I going to see this person again and do I really care about what they think? Anyways try the meds they may work for you. They didn't for me but everyone is different. You know your body better then anyone. Talk it out ask questions and find some questions to ask online too. Don't be afraid to ask for help because if you dont ask it might get worse. Maybe talk to a close realitive too you need support if you don't ask for help you will beat yourself up like I did. Take it from experience. Anyways I know some people say cut liquids and some proffesionals advise against it suggesting 6 cups of water a day. Experiment and see if anything works for you. Also if youeat any spicy foods it will irritate your bladder more. Hope this helps!

Well I of course came to this site in the first place after becoming incontinent last spring following a lifetime of ABDL fantasy, so I have a pretty good idea of what you are talking about. In my case there were always some weakness and control issues to concern myself with, but never outright incontinence; I never actually believed that would happen to me. Still, as I have said in other posts, I know that there were times in younger days when I must have, in foolish fantasies, wondered what it would be like.

You know what it is like?

It is like spending your entire life wearing a thick extra layer where underwear should be, and the majority of the time that extra layer is wet. (Oh, sure, the dampness it wicked away from the skin, and you can't feel it, but you know it is there.) It is like constantly rethinking wardrobes because you are wondering if this skirt or that pair of pants allows the diaper to show. It is like crinkling everywhere you go and wondering why the world doesn't hear it. It is like standing in front of your class discussing concepts with students and realizing that you are wetting yourself while you speak. It is like changing your sheets frequently because if you sleep on your side even Bambinos won't prevent leaks. It is like kitchen garbage cans filling up with used diapers. It is like knowing that, when you become an overnight guest in someone's home, you need to tell them, since it will be their garbage cans that will be overflowing. It is like a whole lot of things, and none of them is good.

Well, OK. One is. It is like being a baby. That is true. But this kind of being a baby is so very different from the game that I was controlling. I have no control here. And I guess that is the one thing that it is most like: being helpless. I need to carry around a diaper bag all the time because I cannot know when I will need to change; sometimes a diaper can last all day, but sometimes it fills to capacity in a couple of hours. I have changed myself into a fresh diaper only to find myself wetting again before I was even out of the bathroom. Not often, but it has happened. And there is nothing I can do about it.

The doc gives me meds. The meds do not work. He suggested training, and someone here suggested I try using my diaper as a toilet because I have no real access to times toilet trips as a teacher. I tried, but with the problem I just described that dog just don't hunt. Doctor wants to try botox eventually; I will not. He also wants to try electric stimulation to the bladder; I do not think I am willing to do that either. I don't wish to be a long-term guinea pig. I'll keep trying meds until he runs out, and then I guess I keep the diapers.

And then, I guess, it will be like the rest of my life.

I know a little about this as Mine started after a car accident it sucks I work in the medical field and I am embarrassed about the issue and there are a few people that suspect but its how the image of this Im a guy in my 30s that Has to wear an adult pamper due to my issue I have had people I work with come out and ask in front of other co workers if I am a adult baby I think that because I am incon that I have had to adapt and become a DL as for my baby side I dont know if I have one hard to explore that side when you cant meet a girl as soon as they find out that you have a problem they reject you Meds and training have not worked all mine started at 20 after a car accident it went away then it started again at 22 after a back injury the worse part is how people can make and veiw you when you tell them so I dont its my issue and not theirs