Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for bedwetters

Question Question for bedwetters

so both my cousin and i wet the bed when we were younger up until about high school for him ( i still wet) and i remember my parents saying that when i was born i had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck so i got a lack of O2 when i was born and the same thing happened to my cousin so i was wondering if there could be a connection so did any of you bedwetters also get a lack of O2 when born

Quote Originally Posted by polevaulter View Post
    so both my cousin and i wet the bed when we were younger up until about high school for him ( i still wet) and i remember my parents saying that when i was born i had the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck so i got a lack of O2 when i was born and the same thing happened to my cousin so i was wondering if there could be a connection so did any of you bedwetters also get a lack of O2 when born
    I've never been a bed wetter, but my wife was head of Special Education for a junior high school for many years. A lack of oxygen during birth can cause learning disabilities and other physical and mental impairments. Boys are often larger than girls, and during birth, this can cause a lack of oxygen as well. I think you have an interesting theory.

When I was born and coming through the birth canal it was as though I was an oil tanker going through the Erie rather than the Suez, causing my brain to shift. I wet all the way until a few days before my 18th birthday with a brief respite while institutionalized at 13 and they gave me Tofranil. Lack of oxygen in the brain is one thing, and then there is lack of oxygen in parents and teachers

I was born with cord wraped around my neck also. I'm tould my levels jumped back to normal very fast, and they don't think any dammage was done. I have never wet the bed after being poty trained before my memory.
    Cool theory, sorry I can't bring any data to the table. Just thought it interesting. hmm another idea, maybe just genetic you where both born with long cords? (or some simularity that caused this?) maybe runs in family, along with w/e caused the bed wetting. I don't know hardly any thing about the subject tho so i'm just throwing a random idea out there. My 1Am forum logic rofl...
    -----------
    the above was delayed in sending bc my pc loged me out.. so I missed the other comment. maybe there really is a high chance for oxegen to be related.

I have no IC issues and havent wet the bed unintentionally since potty training, except for once when i was 18. Not related to lack of O2 at birth, When i was younger i had seen a story on the news where they said studies have shown that elevation and lack of oxygen(due to elevation, etc) are a major cause for bedwetting in children of all ages. I have never had any issues with bedwetting after potty training, but when i wet myself at 18, there were two distinct things that could've led to this incident. 1. It was the night before I was going to spend the weekend by myself at orientation for university(I don't really feel like this was the reason as i wasn't really nervous about the situation at all). and, 2. we were staying at my aunts house not only in the mountains, but on a mountain, and I'd managed to pass out sitting up on the couch,(id also drank organic rootbeer that night too which may also have had something to do with it.) Either way I'd woke up halfway and managed to cut it off till i could get to the bathroom.

Aside from my IC issues (including bedwetting) I'm perfectly healthy and my birth was not the least bit problematic or with any complications.
    So that's a no here.

Nocturnal Enuresis / Nocturia... Just to add to the topic, I was Breech and a week early. Not to mention blue.. or orange, can't remember which... The folks have told me a thousand times but It was one colour or the other..

I was only 2 pounds in weight when born (less than a kilo)
    does that count ? I think I was three months prem and put into an incubator for those 3 months.