Thread: Phone troubles

Default Phone troubles

I just got a new phone after my old one stopped doing...anything.
    And now whenever i go into the list of ringtones provided and tap the button to listen to them before actually confirming the choice, it says "try again after turning '<NULL>' off".
    Any clue what that's supposed to mean?
    And why it waited til now to start doing that crap?

Actually, it stopped doing that, for now at least. But i got a new problem.
    I'm trying to download my own custom ringtone, but after i get the tune i want onto my phone, no matter what i do, theres no way to set it as my ringtone, it doesn't go into my ringtones list.

First question would be what kind of phone do have. (i.e android, iOS, blackberry)

uhhh....it says LG. Other than that, I got nuthin.

PaddedPuppy

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulL View Post
    uhhh....it says LG. Other than that, I got nuthin.
    If you can remove the battery, it will be on the sticker below that. It will be something like KS360, or P350. A letter or 2, and a few numbers. Not the long codes below there.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPuppy View Post
    If you can remove the battery, it will be on the sticker below that. It will be something like KS360, or P350. A letter or 2, and a few numbers. Not the long codes below there.
    Not able to do that, sorry. Could be that i just downloaded something that couldn't be made a ringtone, i don't know. In any case, i downloaded a tune, and it doesn't show up among the list of generic ringtones that the phone has already put in, and that's the only possible place i can choose a ringtone. It just goes to the music player thingamajig. And when I look at it there, there is a button that says "Use as", which i assume would let me make it my ringtone BUT the "Use as" button isn't clickable, or touchable in the case of my phone, since it's all touch.

PaddedPuppy

Is it a very basic handset? More basic phones don't allow you to use custom ringtones, only the preloaded ones.
    Other than that, if its stored on a memory card, you may have to move it to the phone's storage before you can use it as a ringtone

That i can do, and I think I've already switched it so it does get stored to the phone and not the memory card.
    As for how basic it is, it's definitely not the most complex device around.
    Micromax Bolt Android 4inch (10.16cms) Smart Touch Phone - Bolt A62 from Micromax | GSM Mobile Phones | mobile-store | HomeShop18.com
    That phone in the link isn't what I have, but in terms of design, it's pretty close.