Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally found the courage!

Default Finally found the courage!

Hello all!

It is so awesome to finally be a part of this website, I've been visiting on and off for a while, and just registered today.

For starters, I guess I should tell you I am a huge music lover, and I give full props to the person(s) who can tell where I got my username from and why I chose it. I enjoy discovering new bands and artists, and finding new talents. I dislike being in a musical "rhythm" and constantly listening to the same stuff over and over, so I made YouTube my own personal jukebox. It would be cool if some of you could tell me some of your favorite artists, so we can compare/discuss. Some of mine are:

Skillet
    Switchfoot
    Reliant K
    Thousand Foot Krutch
    Fireflight
    The Clash
    The Ramones
    Sex Pistols
    The Beatles
    The Doors
    Pink Floyd

I'm also gonna take the time to say that I am a devout Christian, and my faith inspires me and moves me in all areas of my life. To tell you the truth, I get kinda concerned about my new hobby, and how it interferes with my faith, but I love how this site has all kinds of people from different walks of life.

I was a college student for 2 years after high school, but due to personal reasons, I had to leave the college I was enrolled in and haven't been back since, which is sort of frustrating. Beyond that, I work part time at Chick Fil A.

My other hobby includes reading. I absolutely love the feeling of curling up with a good book and getting lost in a whole other world, as well as video games. I am an avid gamer, and play on my PS3 all the time. I also love sports (watching them on TV) and am a faithful Philadelphia Eagles fan.

On to my new lifestyle, I suppose. I have actually been a DL for about 10 years or so, and had problems bedwetting when I was younger. I could never actually indulge though. When you are a kid, it is kinda difficult to get your hands on those things without anyone noticing. Believe me, I tried a few times. I'm not sure where the actual obsession came from though, it was kinda always there. I remember it being there when I was 6-7.

Just 2 days ago, I plucked up the nerve to go into Giant for the first time by myself and buy a 12 pack of Goodnites. I was so nervous paying for them, my hands were shaking so bad, I thought people were watching. It got easier, though. The next day I went and followed up with another 12 pack and a mega pack of 27. I have about 45 of them left. Putting them on for the first time, and wearing them, is one of the most amazing feelings ever. It is so hard to describe, but it feels like heaven.

I guess that's all I have for you guys right now. I appreciate any replies I get, and also very thankful for a website like this. For ages, I thought I was the only one out there with a desire to wear diapers instead of underwear. Thank you so very much, and go in peace.

Hi there, congrats on working up the courage to join! I too was nervous about signing up initially. Nice intro by the way.

I see you are a Beatles fan! Me too. We have a group here for their fans, if you'd like to join.

I just bought my first diapers last week actually. I think I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible, even though I used the self-checkout.

That is so cool, I also used the self checkout! (after loafing around in the diapers section for about 20 minutes. :P ) I've loved The Beatles for about 6 years now.

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by DareYouToMove View Post
    Hello all!

It is so awesome to finally be a part of this website, I've been visiting on and off for a while, and just registered today.

For starters, I guess I should tell you I am a huge music lover, and I give full props to the person(s) who can tell where I got my username from and why I chose it.
    Welcome, that's a fantastic introduction. Your name is from the Switchfoot song, right?

Thanks very much! Yes, it certainly is, well done. Saw them live tonight actually.

I too like the Beatles & Doors, but am not a Floyd fan. I love the Stones, CCR, Nazareth, Zep insofar as rock goes, then I jump up to DIO (Rainbow/Sabbath/Elf/Solo), Krokus, Fastway, Soundgarden, Slayer etc. The mellow music I love would be Neil Young & Crazy Horse & Tom Petty.
    I grew up in an Eagles family...except I'm a die hard Cowboys fan!
    I am an avid music fan, so long as it is "real music" with guitars, drums, a bass etc... I can not listen to rap or anything like it. I have a massive home stereo (top of the line) as well as big stereo's in my van & truck.
    Welcome to the group! Don't feel weird about this, it doesn't do any good. I've had these desires since I can remember and used to feel very guilty about this, but being as I do not understand why I like to indulge in this and it harms no one I quit trying to understand it and enjoy what I can.

I'm a huge Beatles fan, love the Floyd too. Saw the Pink Floyd Experience live a few months ago, was beyond awesome. What's your favourite floyd album? Mine would have to be The Wall, probably because it's the one I remember Dad listening to as a kid. I'm a huge fan of all older rock music, as well as jazz, and classical. I also listen to some more modern music too.
    Well, I'm a devout atheist, so I hope that doesn't get in the way, but anyway.
    Have you ever listened to any of the 'Dunedin Sound' bands? I think they'd be right up your alley.
    I also enjoy gaming but haven't really had any time lately with uni and all that... Got exams in a week! :P

Anywho, welcome to the site. Kiwi.

Wow! That was one of the better intros I've seen in a long time. I love that song, Dare You to Move. Switchfoot is an awesome group. And I love the message behind that song. We get so caught up in the cyclic nature of our lives, days, weeks, months repeating over and over, we forget that each day is actually unique. Thus the lyric in the song - Dare you to move like today never happened before.

I too am on the Christian path, though I would not say I am there yet.

Anyway, great introduction! Hope you enjoy your pull ups. Ever thought of trying a diaper?

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBoi View Post
    What's your favourite floyd album?
    Well, I'm a devout atheist, so I hope that doesn't get in the way, but anyway.

Absolutely The Wall! I personally believe that, while Dark Side Of The Moon is an excellent album, the majority of their better songs are on other albums. Comfortably Numb, Learning To Fly,(different album) Another Brick In The Wall! Doesn't matter in the slightest, a lot of my close friends are actually devout atheists. I sincerely hope I can make some more friends on here, friends that are a tad more (ahem) understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Wow! That was one of the better intros I've seen in a long time. I love that song, Dare You to Move. Switchfoot is an awesome group. And I love the message behind that song. We get so caught up in the cyclic nature of our lives, days, weeks, months repeating over and over, we forget that each day is actually unique. Thus the lyric in the song - Dare you to move like today never happened before.

I too am on the Christian path, though I would not say I am there yet.

Anyway, great introduction! Hope you enjoy your pull ups. Ever thought of trying a diaper?

Thanks very much! There was actually a bit more that I wanted to put into the intro, but I didn't want to make too long of a post. Dare you to move is my favorite song of theirs! When I saw them in concert last night, they absolutely rocked the house!

I really would love to try diapers, but unfortunately, I still live with my parents along with my 3 brothers and my sister in law. Pull Ups are readily available at the nearby stores (12 miles away) and the only other diaper choice I would have would be Depends, which from searching around on here, don't seem to have that good of a reputation? It is already a real hassle to sneak Goodnites into the house and dispose of them without being noticed. I thought for sure I was going to be caught the other day, but went unnoticed. I don't have the luxury of ordering online, as my dad has the habit of picking up postal packages and feeling them to see what people ordered. Goodnites are good for now, I still have about 44 left, but wondering when I should buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by DareYouToMove View Post
    Absolutely The Wall! I personally believe that, while Dark Side Of The Moon is an excellent album, the majority of their better songs are on other albums. Comfortably Numb, Learning To Fly,(different album) Another Brick In The Wall! Doesn't matter in the slightest, a lot of my close friends are actually devout atheists. I sincerely hope I can make some more friends on here, friends that are a tad more (ahem) understanding.
    Welcome to the forums. I am an atheist myself, but it is good to know that this won't prove to be problematic.

I really would love to try diapers, but unfortunately, I still live with my parents along with my 3 brothers and my sister in law. Pull Ups are readily available at the nearby stores (12 miles away) and the only other diaper choice I would have would be Depends, which from searching around on here, don't seem to have that good of a reputation? It is already a real hassle to sneak Goodnites into the house and dispose of them without being noticed. I thought for sure I was going to be caught the other day, but went unnoticed. I don't have the luxury of ordering online, as my dad has the habit of picking up postal packages and feeling them to see what people ordered. Goodnites are good for now, I still have about 44 left, but wondering when I should buy more.
    It can't be easy dealing with parents and diapers; I didn't dare to start wearing diapers until I moved out of my parents' house. Buying diapers in person does get easier the more you do it, and self-checkouts are most useful. I prefer to buy my diapers online, given that I can get premium ones not found in stores, but then again, I do have the luxury of living by myself nowadays.

I enjoy reading as well