Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is best place to hide a baby bottle?

Default Where is best place to hide a baby bottle?

I am curious because I recently tried to buy one and I was trying to figure out where to hide it since I'm living at home with my family.

First, tried to buy? Second, if you have shoes and shoe boxes in your closet (or closet equivalent) find a pair you don't often wear and store it inside the shoe. Hopefully the shoe smells ok. Or you can store it in the pocket of a winter coat or a jacket. Storing it in obvious places is often the best option as people won't suspect it. Just don't make it too obvious.

Ideally, a place where your family has no reason to go. Where do you keep your diapers? If they've never been discovered there, a bottle should be safe too. If you have your own room, your closet or dresser drawer should do. (As long as you don't have someone else putting your clothes away.) Perhaps inside a box or under clothes or blankets in those places, for extra security.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicTuba View Post
    First, tried to buy?
    I had the bottle in hand and I got nervous after seeing the line for cashier and backed out of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Ideally, a place where your family has no reason to go. Where do you keep your diapers? If they've never been discovered there, a bottle should be safe too. If you have your own room, your closet or dresser drawer should do. (As long as you don't have someone else putting your clothes away.) Perhaps inside a box or under clothes or blankets in those places, for extra security.
    Until recently I kept my diapers in a drawer under my bed where I have old Halloween costumes. I moved them under my mattress because I didn't think it was such a safe and hidden place after all since I could see them after opening the drawer. I keep my pacifier in my pillowcase.

I used to have a bottle in elementary school that I got at a garage sale, not sure what happened to it.

Where to hide it depends on your room. But i would highly suggest rinsing it out after use as soon as possible, which usually ends up being when you go to the shower. Otherwise it gets all gross and when you give it a proper washing it is a huge pain and smells.

Default advice

first... Jazz other than the fact that i am not a sissy nor a pony person your avy perfectly matches how i feel when little. All by myself on my bed wishing i had someone to share it with. Anyway my suggestion is to use a drawer for storing sheets and such and hide the stuff in a sheet with others on top. No one would be interested in going through beding. And if they put some away they have no reason to upend your spare beding. Nothing odd about a spare blanket, sheet, etc. As for buying a bottle, no one would care. I bough a pair of pacis, a bottle, and a plushie, said my little sis had a baby and i wanted to get her some spares. The cashier thought it was sweet of me. Never batted an eye.
    Last edited by CuriousOne; 03-Oct-2013 at 19:43. Reason: fix

It's not clear from your posts whether you just need concealment or a real hiding place. The difference being concealed from plain sight vs. avoiding curious parties. If it's the latter, I'd really have to recommend against putting anything under your mattress as it is really the first place anyone will look if they're curious. It's also vulnerable to innocent detection since mattresses should be flipped every now and again. I would find a baby bottle to be a bit of a hassle to hide since they get wet, need cleaning, and then need to dry out after use. It's the sort of thing more suited for open air. Bear in mind those concerns when you're deciding where to keep it.

Hide in plain sight and use as a water bottle that you just happened to get cheaply (FREE). Regarding the nipple it is easier to hide that small portion of the bottle.
    Hiding in plain sight you could store in the fridge with some fruit (orange-gatorade) juice and replace with baby formula of your own fixing when you want to be the baby.
    As others have noted cleaning and washing the bottle frequently is necessary with the poly plastic bottles. Letting fruit juices age or formula to age in the bottle is akin to asking for some
    stomach trouble.
    On another note - you could take an ordinary water bottle or bicycle bottle and use it instead of a baby bottle without any concern at all. These bottles feature a large
    push/pull valve on top that makes sucking formula a lot easier than the real thing. They come in colors - so baby pink or blue would be so you !
    So do you do your AB/DL stuff in private or are you a bit more brazen venturing into the public domain tempting a curious glance - Is he wearing - Is he doing what I think
    he is doing - Is that a baby's bottle - Why I do believe he is - - - that is so cute - - - more !!!!!

I hide my bottle in the space under my dresser, which is where I hide all my baby stuff. Just pull out your bottom drawer, place the bottle inside, replace the drawer, and you're set! Other places that have worked well for me include the bag I take to work every day (followed by being hidden in my car when I'm actually at work!), and in the pouch of a hoodie in the back on my closet that I never wear. Honestly, it all depends on how nosy the other people in your house are. You probably know their tendencies best. Just think of where people are least likely to look, and hide it there. I hope this helps!

(Also, I must add that your avatar is just unnecessarily adorable! Great picture!)