Thread: TV Ads - Has this happened to you?

Default TV Ads - Has this happened to you?

Have any of you been in a situation where you were doing stuff with the TV blaring in the background, when you heard some diaper-related phrase or words and you had that heart-jolting moment? Only to realize that it was NOT a diaper ad but something else?

My grandmother was watching TV and I was in the kitchen raiding the fridge when this ad came on. I didn't care about what the TV was blaring - after all it was a commercial break. That was until I hear the words "Goodnite advanced active ..."

I quickly ran to the living room to see the ad, alas, it was not an ad for Goodnites pullups, but Goodknight mosquito repellent...

This ad is similar to the one I saw. The phrase (in English) comes around 30s in.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZSXQCXX1A

So... Has this happened to you before? Do share your experiences!

off topic slightly but replying to your sig...

Quote Originally Posted by selv14 View Post
    The landline is like a toilet. The mobile phone is like a diaper. But both of them let you answer the call of nature.
    "Diapers - When nature calls, take a message."

It only happens when its real adds, for me its 1:00 minute of pretending nothing is happening

and its always very akward

I've never been deceived by a commercial, but my wife started calling me her "little mover" when Huggies was advertising their Little Movers commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I've never been deceived by a commercial, but my wife started calling me her "little mover" when Huggies was advertising their Little Movers commercial.
    This has got to be one of the cutest most original pet names I have seen in a long time.

If I hear a word simmler to a diaper add I'll act like nothings changed same for real one. it is really alkward. I've yet to be deceived more then a second or two, but I'm sure it will happen some day.

One of the 'no-win-no-fee' solicitors adverts caught me out a few years ago.

I was using the computer, with my television switched on for background noise. I'd just wet my diaper when I hear a voice from behind me saying "Have you had an accident..." "...or injury in the last three years that wasn't your fault?".