Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange Conversations

Red face Strange Conversations

So I visited my mum today at her home to pick up my doggy of whom she had been looking after.

just as i was leaving these words were said.....

Mum: I think you need to change your nappy
    Me: (Slightly surprised) why?
    Mum: I can smell urine
    Me: Oh I Can't, it shouldnt be that wet. I have only wet it a little
    Mum: Ok. well change it later but be careful you dont leak
    Me: Ummm ok, See ya later, Love you,bye.

THIS IS TOTALLY GENUINE!!! Mum has known for years about my AB side and is accepting, but yet i still find it strange with her being so open about it. Open enough to tell me i need my nappy changing! lol :-/

Little bit surreal i guess

I will remember this

Anyone else had and strange conversations like this?

yeah, my mom has dropped similar on my visits lately (about once a quarter, she lives 300 miles away)

that would completely freak me out. But then again, (and AFAIK) she doesn't know. And I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Sounds like you have a great mom and relationship with her! That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby23 View Post
    So I visited my mum today at her home to pick up my doggy of whom she had been looking after.

just as i was leaving these words were said.....

Me: (Slightly surprised) why?
    Mum: I can smell urine
    Me: Oh I Can't, it shouldnt be that wet. I have only wet it a little
    Mum: Ok. well change it later but be careful you dont leak
    Me: Ummm ok, See ya later, Love you,bye.

THIS IS TOTALLY GENUINE!!! Mum has known for years about my AB side and is accepting, but yet i still find it strange with her being so open about it. Open enough to tell me i need my nappy changing! lol :-/

Little bit surreal i guess

I will remember this

Anyone else had and strange conversations like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby23 View Post
    Damn. I would probably wet myself if I heard that. :T

I am pretty much %100 sure no one I know in real life knows about my diaper-wearing tendencies. So, throwing that idea out the window would be really quite a shock.

She can smell the urine ??

Either change what you drink (more water, less coffee, alcohol & sodas) / diet ... or get better diapers - OR clean more often / change more often?

I wear 24/7 (pads or diapers, depending on the situation) due to my IC - and so far in all these years, I have never gotten anyone commenting about that I smell like urine...
    Then again I'm rather meticulous about this and keeping fresh/clean...

Just sayin' ... cause if your mom can smell it - others might smell it just as well... (unless your mom has some supernatural sense of smell).

I think she could smell it as i leaked a little on the back of my trousers... navy blue.... i didnt think it was obvious i couldnt smell anything though

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    She can smell the urine ??
    Moms tend to develop a spider-sense for wet diapers through the course of having changed a few thousand...

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Moms tend to develop a spider-sense for wet diapers through the course of having changed a few thousand...
    This is true. for me being a single dad who changed my daughters diapers tell recently when she stopped needing them and having to change my own foreeeeevvvver...lol I have strong nose for pee and poop. That being said, I think most people who smell pee on an adult have the sense to keep it to them selves because the assumption is that you cant control the smell. Kids on the other hand have no filter...

Well it sounds like you have a great mom seeing as she knows and accepts so easy she doesn't have a problem pointing out she can smell and you might need a change.I for one have never had a conversation like this because almost no one in real life knows about my AB/DL side.

As far as why you mom might have noticed the smell parents and other people who change diapers often tend to smell it rather easy just because they are use to changing them and are familiar with the smells of both pee and poop