Thread: Iron-on patches

Default Iron-on patches

Hiya, been a while.

Anyone have any suggestions for shops (online if need be) that offer a wide range of boyish iron-on patches/appliques that aren't overtly babyish? I've had no luck searching locally.

You can search on ebay. I found some Disney patches there last year. You can find pretty much what you want.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    Cute, but I was thinking more in the 5-8 age bracket. I'll have a look through the site, though.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    You can search on ebay. I found some Disney patches there last year. You can find pretty much what you want.
    Yeah, I've looked on eBay and found some cute Disney patches. But I should have specified - I'm looking for a library of generic characters, like non-licensed cartoon animals or trucks.

These are a few that I found (this is my first time posting links, so I hope they work!)

Lion

Race car

Dinosaur

I'm not sure if any of those are what you had in mind, but you should try going on etsy.com and put "iron applique" and then whatever you are looking for after that (animals, cars, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    If you go to a sewing shop you can find really cute stuff!! I'm sure you can find it on the net too, like here: Velcro, Sewing Supplies & Accessories, Ribbon, Knitting, Sewing Machines & Patterns - sewing-online.com - sewing-online.com
    Thanks for the link! I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by prettybaby View Post
    These are a few that I found (this is my first time posting links, so I hope they work!)

Lion

Race car

Dinosaur

I'm not sure if any of those are what you had in mind, but you should try going on etsy.com and put "iron applique" and then whatever you are looking for after that (animals, cars, etc)
    Thanks for the links. The lion applique is cute but a little on the babyish side for my liking. The dinosaur and car appliques are great, though!

I think the more childish appliques tend to be a little less caricatured but still cartoony, if that makes any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for the record - I'm looking to start customizing some overalls that I've collected over the years from thrift shops and eBay. Just need to find the right appliques.

Quote Originally Posted by footieboy View Post
    Hiya, been a while.

Anyone have any suggestions for shops (online if need be) that offer a wide range of boyish iron-on patches/appliques that aren't overtly babyish? I've had no luck searching locally.
    Try Joannes and Micheals and A.C. Moore online stores. they have a better selection online usually and you can always find coupons.

I bought a tiger iron-on patch from Amazon to put on to my dungarees. There were thousands of different designs there when I last looked, so it could be a good option. I'd recommend you sew round the edges though, as they don't always adhere well to denim.

This is a photo of the finished product:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tigerpatch.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	18753

^ That's more or less the style I'm looking for. Not sure about Amazon, though - there's not much of a selection on the Canadian site compared to that of the American and British sites.