Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting a Munch?

Default Starting a Munch?

I'm interested in meeting some local abdls to hang out with. And there aren't really any abdl munches near by. I think there are some occasionally 3-4hrs away, but I'm looking for something closer. The local sex shop hosts munches, but it's bdsm focused, and what I've seen from the event list, all the people that attend are 40yo+.

What I want to know is from anyone who's started a munch in their area, what they did to get started. How exactly do you advertise for that to find people?

How to start a Munch
    1. Select a location, typically someplace to eat cheaply. I've found luck at buffets

2. Pick a date and time - i recommend something like 3rd Saturday of the month.

3. Be consistent - go to the meeting location even if nobody rsvp's. Don't be discouraged, you will be eating alone or with just one person several times.

4. Decide on an activity -i used to do the Munch at a hometown buffet and then do a movie after

As far as advertising, post your event on every site that had people in your demographic (diaper wearing adults).

Another tip: maker yourself easy to find- like i had a magnet with the ab pride logo on the back of my van, or I'd have my Ab pride button on my jacket or clothes. Eventually you will get people to come

The munch I went to had a giant crayon on the table.

Ok I hate to sound naive here but what is a Munch?

It's a casual get together at a designated location with food as a way to get to know each other.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticMrFox View Post
    It's a casual get together at a designated location with food as a way to get to know each other.
    Thanks Mr.Fox glad to know what it is ^_^

Big little podcast has links to a munch site . That may help you .

I actually have an ABDL pride pin that I keep on my backpack around campus. Not that anyone's made a comment on it.

littlesmunch.com has the closest one listed as 3+hrs away. I really needed a local option as I am a college student, with no car, and have to arrange rides from friends.

I guess mostly the biggest problem I have is the advertising part. I know there's bound to be a handful of people on campus that either are, or would be interested, but for websites of the demographic, there aren't any people on them in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    The munch I went to had a giant crayon on the table.
    Many of the "family buffet" places (like village inn) have little boxes of crayons for the kids, you just might be able to convince them to give you some

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoRawr View Post
    I actually have an ABDL pride pin that I keep on my backpack around campus. Not that anyone's made a comment on it.
    I'd love to get one of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Many of the "family buffet" places (like village inn) have little boxes of crayons for the kids, you just might be able to convince them to give you some
    All you gotta do is ask. I always ask when I go out to eat. It's pretty much the only time I color... Done it my whole life. And it took me so long to realize I was a little... hahaha. Here's your sign, as Bill Engvall would say.