Thread: 20 Posts

Default 20 Posts

I see that I can "level up" with 20 posts. But how do I? What I mean is I don't see how when after I find a post that I find the most interest in, it is soon a locked thread and I am not able to keep participating in it. This has happened quite a few times after I responded to other threads. Maybe I just do not understand how this system is handled?

I do want to participate more the way I used to in other places but most of them closed down. Or MSN closed them as well as Yahoo closing the groups that were for us. That by itself took a lot of wind out of my sails (made me feel less confident).

Possibly voting in polls and posting about what you voted, or getting in on a roleplay that's just starting. You joined almost a year ago, did you post an intro when you initially signed up?

Quote Originally Posted by bashfulsissy View Post
    I see that I can "level up" with 20 posts. But how do I? What I mean is I don't see how when after I find a post that I find the most interest in, it is soon a locked thread and I am not able to keep participating in it. This has happened quite a few times after I responded to other threads. Maybe I just do not understand how this system is handled?

I do want to participate more the way I used to in other places but most of them closed down. Or MSN closed them as well as Yahoo closing the groups that were for us. That by itself took a lot of wind out of my sails (made me feel less confident).
    Well, you've only got 12 more to go at the time of this posting...try not to 'three-word/one-liner spam' your way through, but basically say something in response to any of the threads...except the Forum Fun** (post *counts* aren't given there)...otherwise, you'll be In like Flynn*Thanks Frogsy!* anyway...see...this one counted for my post-count...not for a lot...but it answers to your (thread) question...even if it's not the best answer...

You'll get there...
    -Marka

**Are there any other No-post-count areas I've forgotten?*
    Last edited by Marka; 30-Sep-2013 at 19:09.

Be a greeter. Even if someone has already been greeted, add you two cents. The post count will add up in a hurry. Btw, just don't say "Welcome." Ask open ended questions and depending on how the newbie responds, try and relate to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    otherwise you'll be 'in' ...like 'Flynt'?? Who is Flynt (Flint?)
    In like Flynn. Possibly in reference to Errol Flynn and how he womanized. So, yeah, apparently it's a sexually charged phrase, or was originally!

Back on topic, if you're just searching for threads via the search bar, you'll almost always end up with outdated and locked up threads. Try reading what's new in the forum by way of clicking rather than searching terms. Searching is great for finding info, especially on diaper comparisons, but not so great if you want to participate!

Thank you all for your responses. I will try and see what I can do.

Yes, definitely click on the "New Posts". That's where the new, ongoing conversations are happening. It's where I go first when I log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    **Are there any other No-post-count areas I've forgotten?*
    RP Forum.
    Requests Forum (I think).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Like others have already said. It's not too hard. Even if you are 'bashful', it's not hard to find at least 20 places to make a comment. Heck... some people make 20 posts in their introduction thread alone. If you haven't already, post an introduction giving a bit of information about yourself. I can (almost) guarantee someone will ask a question. Answer the question. They will probably ask a follow up question, or maybe someone else will ask a question. Tadah! Just like that, you have three posts. Only seven more to go.

Also... you don't have to just respond to threads. You can make your own. Is there something about ABDL or, heck, even politics, pop culture, gaming, natural phenomenon, even UFO's that you want to ask the community about? Then create a thread (in the appropriate category, read the descriptions of each thread for more info on what's the right spot.) and let others respond to it. Just respond to their replies and keep the thread active.

As far as threads locking... that happens after they have been inactive for over four weeks. If you see one that you really want to reply to, and don't feel like posting a new thread. You could always press the triangle underneath the first post and 'report' it with the comment "Please unlock this thread. I would like to comment on it." I wouldn't recommend doing this too often because #1 Locked threads are usually locked because most people have lost interest in them. It's usually best to just make a new thread and reignite interest in your own way. #2 A staff member will have to physically see your report/request and take the time to unlock the thread for you. As friendly as our staff is, they might get a little annoyed if you send them 30 requests to unlock threads in one week. Also... note that if a thread is locked and it HASN'T been inactive for at least 4 weeks, then chances are there is a reason it is locked. The topic might violate some rule. The thread may have caused undue drama. The original poster may have requested that it be locked. If that's the case, it would be best to start your own thread (unless the topic violates a rule).

That's the best suggestions I can give. If you don't like them, then just remember... my advice is free and you get what you paid for. :P

Well, LilMonkeyAlex, thank you so much for your advice. Not sure I can remember most of it. Lol. But then I am being more active here too.

This is really useful advice, thanks (again!) Frogsy and LilMonkeyAlex. Oh, and dogboy. I will definitely check out the new posts button now, didn't know that existed.