Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agecomfort advice (HELP, Canadians?)

Default Agecomfort advice (HELP, Canadians?)

hey everyone,
    I'm hoping to make my first online order soon!

I'm going with agecomfort.com because they offer free shipping on orders over $50 and so to clear that threshold i'm getting a medium 14-bag of Molicare Super Plus and a medium 14-bag of Abena M4.

My question is this. If anyone has ordered from agecomfort before (or could make an educated guess) how big do you think the box they arrive in would be? It's just that I'll probably be walking home with a plain,unmarked box containing two 14-packs and i'm not sure if that'll be too big to carry on foot. thoughts?

I think you should be able to get your stuff cheaper thru abuniverse.com right now. Use coupon code abusave10. Not sure, but wotrh a peek. I haven't ordered from agecomfort though.

One bag of m4 is about 2^3 feet, maybe 3 at most. It's a small'ish box. You'd either get two of them or one big one with the package in them. I threw the boxes out today or I'd take a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrabulk View Post
    I think you should be able to get your stuff cheaper thru abuniverse.com right now. Use coupon code abusave10. Not sure, but wotrh a peek. I haven't ordered from agecomfort though.
    ...nope. I just did the math. the base price is indeed cheaper - abu wants $36 and agecomfort wants just over $50 - but agecomfort isn't charging me for shipping - abu wants a whopping $35 just to send it here... no thanks! not to mention that agecomfort ships from a location that's like a two hour drive from my house - thanks but no thanks. I'll take the $50 purchase over the $72 purchase.

I've gone with Age comfort before. They shipped my pack of Abenas in a cardboard box that's roughly the size of a pack of adult diapers (think Depends or Tens). They're quick, too. But one very important warning: they will send you junk mail. I still get a catalog from them every six months or so. So if you're living with others who don't know your secret, be prepared for catalogs. Thankfully it's not just diapers, though - it's general senior care stuff. So you can say it must be some mailing list you got added to by accident, and no one will think twice. But just be warned: if you choose to go with them, there will be spam.

I've walked home with a case of Abenas before and it was kind of tiring/awkward but doable assuming you're not going super far. As the poster above mentioned you will definitely get catalogs. Just say you ordered a memory foam pillow or massager or something if it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    But one very important warning: they will send you junk mail. I still get a catalog from them every six months or so. So if you're living with others who don't know your secret, be prepared for catalogs. Thankfully it's not just diapers, though - it's general senior care stuff. So you can say it must be some mailing list you got added to by accident, and no one will think twice. But just be warned: if you choose to go with them, there will be spam.
    I heard that if you email them like right away they'll take you off the list. Can't I just do this?

See here:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...vs-b4ns-2.html

There's even an "extra comments" box I can fill out while placing my order on the website. If I tell them there and then "no mailing list or you lose a customer" wouldn't that do the trick? (politely, of course!)

The whole point of carrying these home is because I don't have a car and I think it goes without saying that I don't want anyone I knwo involved here. it would suck for a stupid catalogue to show up months later and make things weird in my household.

Quote Originally Posted by timidlythinking View Post
    I heard that if you email them like right away they'll take you off the list. Can't I just do this?

See here:
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...vs-b4ns-2.html

There's even an "extra comments" box I can fill out while placing my order on the website. If I tell them there and then "no mailing list or you lose a customer" wouldn't that do the trick? (politely, of course!)

The whole point of carrying these home is because I don't have a car and I think it goes without saying that I don't want anyone I knwo involved here. it would suck for a stupid catalogue to show up months later and make things weird in my household.
    Yeah, I filled out the comments box. They ignored it. I'm going to try contacting them again to ask them to take me off.

If you're OK with spam, no big deal. I was able to come up with an excuse to keep my parents from suspecting anything (again, it's lot of stuff, not just diapers). But if you'd rather avoid the spam, just be aware that they'll probably send you stuff.

OH, that's AWFUL. I even got my prepaid credit card today - im absolutely ready to go here. Well... check the thread i linked to... Some people have at least had luck with this. I guess I'll just order, email and hope for the best.

If you order by the case they will just cover the markings with cardboard tape. The case still has the green stripes on them and I believe an M or an L.

I requested mine be carded for pickup at the post office as well as to not be added to the mailing list. So far so good. No catalogs have arrived yet and I believe I placed my order 6 months ago now. Speaking of which I only have 2 left

Edit: 8 months ago....