Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy

Default Howdy

Hi all,

Lets start with education, I have two degrees an undergraduate in photography and a Masters in Film and digital image.

I spent the last two years living in Sydney, Australia going to school and working in the film and television industry.

My hobbies include reading fantasy and sci-fil novels, table top role playing games, rock climbing, backpacking, board games and golf.

I'm here because I am finally starting to accept this as part of who I am and want to explore my little side a bit more. Accepting being an ab/dl and joining the community is a big step for me as I've been struggling with this for about 14 years.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by scifigeek View Post
    Hi all,

Lets start with education, I have two degrees an undergraduate in photography and a Masters in Film and digital image.

I spent the last two years living in Sydney, Australia going to school and working in the film and television industry.

My hobbies include reading fantasy and sci-fil novels, table top role playing games, rock climbing, backpacking, board games and golf.

I'm here because I am finally starting to accept this as part of who I am and want to explore my little side a bit more. Accepting being an ab/dl and joining the community is a big step for me as I've been struggling with this for about 14 years.

Cheers.
    Welcome scifigeek! It sounds like you've had an interesting last couple of years! First of all, did you know there are groups here for in depth discussions of specifis interests? There is one I think you will like for scifi enthusiasts. There's also quite a few members from down under that you can probably swap stories with. Are you still in the movie biz? Have you met any movie stars that you consider to be very personable?

Hi Zipperless,

Thank you for the welcome. I am not in the industry here, however I do still enjoy writing. I will look into the groups thank you for the heads up.

Hi Zipperless,

Thank you for the welcome. I am not in the industry here, however I do still enjoy writing. I will look into the groups thank you for the heads up.
    You're welcome! Since you enjoy writing, you may have noticed some short stories on here. Maybe you have one in mind for us to read?

I haven't thought about writing anything related to the community but perhaps I can post a short story I'm working on in the sci-fi stuff.

Well, an abdl scifigeek. Who'lda thunk it? Kidding, btw... SF and geekiness are more than rampant round these parts, they are the rule, not the exception, nearly as much as a preference for man-made fibres.

Now I am of a certain age; why, I am OVER 26!!

So I thought I might show you a couple of tv shows that grabbed ME at an impressionable age. All the supermarionation, of course... yeah - I am that ancient. But I digress... I am partly listing these for the sake of our other oldish members, to bring back happy memories of the late 60's/early 70's. Partly for my own enjoyment... and to show you how we kicked it, old school. There was Joe 90,
    Thunderbirds (Are Go)

Captain Scarlet (And the Mysterons,)

Stingray,
    Fireball XL-5.

You have to bear in mind that at the time I watched all these I was not only under 10 but that these represented leading edge TV - especially being relatively low-budget. I would be remiss not to bring up The Prisoner The 6 Million Dollar Man, and my beloved Space 1999. All of the above were the nearest I came at that age to an orgasm; they all still stir feelings of excitement and breathless anticipation. Remember this is all pre-Star Wars! Kinda puts the script, and special effects, theme, and well, really everything Star Wars in perspective, eh? Oh yes, each show mentioned just now is a link to each show's opening. For your viewing pleasure. In a nutshell, Raccoon is what you might call "fannish."

In short, this kind of sums me up, me and those like me. Or this

Last edited by Raccoon; 30-Sep-2013 at 06:29.

Raccoon,

Thank you for welcoming me feel welcome here for more than one aspect of interestes. I was a bit surprised I didn't see any Buck Rodgers on your clip show.

Raccoon,

Thank you for welcoming me feel welcome here for more than one aspect of interestes. I was a bit surprised I didn't see any Buck Rodgers on your clip show.
    Oh it was my pleasure. I enjoyed writing it and rewatching it all. As to Buck Rodgers, a bit before my time; but this I did watch, over and over in syndication on Canadian TV.