Thread: Update from hospital appointment

Post Update from hospital appointment

Hi everyone,
    I just thought I would post an update about my hospital appointments on Thursday. On one appointment things are starting to move forward and on another, it's went full circle.

So my main appointment on Thursday was to see the surgeon and discuss the operation he had offered and hopefully go forward with that. Unfortunately, it didn't happen that way, instead he is trying me on a new type of medication. He said that he doesn't think it will work since other stronger ones haven't but it's basically so it's been done. I'm back in 6 weeks to check how that has gone and look at alternatives if it hasn't worked.

My second appointment was with my Oncology doctor. It was only set up the day before I went to see him. They done all of the nerve and reflex tests and got me to walk around a bit. He said that it doesn't add up that the tests came back normal but when trying to walk it all goes out of the window.
    He said that he's going to contact someone from Neurology and see what they think could be causing all of the problems with my balance and maybe book an appointment for me to see them.

I'm just hoping that something gets sorted soon because I'm getting rather sick of it all.

Much love,
    Shaun
    xXx

* Sorry for referring to doctors as He, didn't want to put doctors names

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    What problems are you having?
    Since I was 5 I've had problems with my bowels and now have a megacolon. The operation was to remove the colon and hopefully prevent any other problems.

I also had a brain tumor when I was 11 which has left problems with my balance and memory

Quote Originally Posted by shaunk1991 View Post
    Since I was 5 I've had problems with my bowels and now have a megacolon. The operation was to remove the colon and hopefully prevent any other problems.

I also had a brain tumor when I was 11 which has left problems with my balance and memory
    Well,

I have nerve damage in my body in too many places to list and from multiple events going back to maybe 1 or 2.

Anyhow, I've went for all things to my neurologist first, he is a very great person, and doctor...and his facility is awesome...they have all testing in-house now including blood work and such...when he wanted an MRI of my neck to see what's been up...we just walk down the hall, he talked to the operator, boom done, back at his office to discuss it...very efficient...

Anyhow, I've found that if you have nerve related issues that I may cause many other issues...

So far all but my weight loss he has diagnosed correct every time...he want me to see another dr about the weight loss...I've lost 36 pounds in the last 12 months...that's good, but I'm not trying to loose weight...anyhow, id see if somehow you could use your neurologist at you primary doctor...

In my case I have nerve damage in my neck, foot, legs, arms, and low back...other than thats I guess I'm great...you may not have as many ares and may be different, but seeing him every few months is great...

Ymmv
    B