Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello fellow peoples on the internet

Default Hello fellow peoples on the internet

So, apparently being a lurker is a thing. I will have to fix that :P

Anyway I'm not sure what to say here. I'm a freshmen college student majoring in forensic science. I plan to get an associates in the states (I have a grant to study here) specifically MI, then I plan to transfer to a college in Canada to finish my degree. At some point I want to move to Japan for a few years and teach English in exchange for learning Japanese (apparently fairly common) I've liked the posts and conversations that people on here talk about but I've never got around to posting. Hence what I'm doing now.

I don't know what people are expecting from a newcomer to the site but I do have unique stories and perspectives (which are sometimes a bit... extreme I'll admit) but I hope to make some friends on here eventually.

Hi The Epic Tuba I would say you did a lot to fix beaning a lurker. Japanese! Hummmm I have some friends in Japan and it would be great to talk to them in Japanese but I don't think I am going to live long enough to do that. Welcome aboard.

bn3baby

Hello and welcome! So you've apparently found yourself in Michigan to study eh? I grew up and am still in Michigan, and I think it's a pretty cool place. I also have a friend that majored in Forensic Biology (seems like it might be related to Forensic Science), and a different friend that taught English in Japan for a year. I can't say that I've done either of those things, but I at least have a brief bit of background. So where did you start life that you've received a grant to study in the States (and MI specifically)?

And again, welcome!

My background really isn't well known. I am a part of a Native American tribe located jointly in Canada and Michigan and was adopted into a family in west MI. The state pays grants to people with similar backgrounds to mine. I've found relatives of mine in grand rapids and on the American Canadian border. So, who I am is extremely important to me. I feel the past has a lot to do with who you are. But it doesn't define you. I guess I write my own path from here.

I don't know what people are expecting from a newcomer to the site
    seems like time for this

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicTuba View Post
    I've only ever played one Korsakov arrangement before. Not nearly that intense
    Any Korsakov has me well-impressed, never mind the flight of thr Beedle-bum by Rip her Corset-off .Welcome to Adisc

By the way you know "raccoon " is an aboriginal word originally? Wiki says

- - - Updated - - -

So, who I am is extremely important to me. I feel the past has a lot to do with who you are. But it doesn't define you
    hear, hear. Agreed.

I plan to transfer to a college in Canada to finish my degree.
    Excellent. Any idea which one or whereabouts?

By the way I see you describe yourself as AB, DL, BF, DF, Sissy / LG. I am oldfur, & DL. This year was my first furcon http://www.fureh.ca/As I'm sure you know Adisc has a number of forums I am certain you will find suit your various sides.

You also said

I don't know what people are expecting from a newcomer to the site but I do have unique stories and perspectives... I don't know what people are expecting from a newcomer to the site...
    Unique stories and perspectives is about the most a newcomer can bring, and their own unique voice. Looking forward to hearing more from you
    Last edited by Raccoon; 28-Sep-2013 at 19:56.

I didn't notice you had updated your post raccoon, I would have replied sooner, I plan to transfer to British Colombia Institute of Technology in Vancouver BC I'm looking forward to it because I know there are other furries and abdl's there. Also it's a mere 2 hours away from Seattle meaning I can go to plenty of states cons too.

[QUOTE=TheEpicTuba;1110566I plan to transfer to British Colombia Institute of Technology in Vancouver BC I'm looking forward to it because I know there are other furries and abdl's there. Also it's a mere 2 hours away from Seattle meaning I can go to plenty of states cons too.[/QUOTE]

You plan well. And you'll have access to Alberta