Thread: Missing in Action

Default Missing in Action

To The ADISC Community,

I am Little Lodgewrecker's wife and I have an anoucement to make.

As some of you may have noticed Little Lodgewrecker has not been on line for more then a week. This is because her 13 year old computer died a horrible death. Since then she has been trying to restore the computer and has failed. After that she has been looking for replacement parts but has found nothing that works in her old computer and operating system. She is now faced with spending the money on building a new computer. (We just spent money on buying me a laptop and can not really buy another computer at this time .)

Little Lodgewrecker wants her friends at ADISC to know that she really misses them. And that she will be back as soon as she can be.

For all of you who want to report me for breaking the rules for writing about another member put down your mouse. I already wrote Moo and asked permission to make this blog post which he granted me.

Thanks for your indulgence
    SisterSister

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSister View Post
    To The ADISC Community,

"..."..."

For all of you who want to report me for breaking the rules for writing about another member put down your mouse. I already wrote Moo and asked permission to make this blog post which he granted me.

Thanks for your indulgence
    SisterSister
    I wasn't able to find that rule myself.... as in writing on another member's behalf? Which I would understand...would anyone care to point me to this rule...I wish to understand, and stay in compliance...but, I can't find this rule...
    Thank You!
    -Marka

Just a quick question: Why can't she - in the mean time - make use of your computer?
    (I mean my girlfriend basically has taken over mine ever since her crappy pc had died (well the thing looked like it was made by retarded lab rats in 1960 under the heavy influence of some psychoactive substances).

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Just a quick question: Why can't she - in the mean time - make use of your computer?
    (I mean my girlfriend basically has taken over mine ever since her crappy pc had died (well the thing looked like it was made by retarded lab rats in 1960 under the heavy influence of some psychoactive substances).
    I think the issue is...being clear, that the two or more log-ins from the potentially same IP...isn't one person, with two log-in/usernames...

-Marka

It doesn't matter if two people use the same computer. If they are on the same network their ip addresses are going to be the same. The rule she is referring to could be the rule against two people using the same account or speaking on someone else's behalf that has been banned or is not supposed to be on adisc. I think there were a few people doing that back after the teen ban and moo asked them not to. But speaking on behalf of another member in good standing with said member's permission is completely allowed.

But... Yes, as far as I know, two members can both use the same computer to access adisc. It might require verification at first to make sure it is not one person with two accounts but once the staff determines there are actually two different users then there shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by LilMonkeyAlex; 26-Sep-2013 at 23:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    I think the issue is...being clear, that the two or more log-ins from the potentially same IP...isn't one person, with two log-in/usernames...

-Marka
    as the previous poster said, just to simplify: same house/flat/apartment, sharing the SAME internet connection equals SAME IP ... (sure inside the LAN/WLAN the individual computers have different IPs - but out on the internet they are all represented by the routers IP Address... so ADISC (or any other server) will not make a difference.

One neat "trick" if you share a computer: USER ACCOUNTS...
    you can do this with Windows (XP and up), OS X, Linux ... just set up two different account on the same computer and use them ...
    This is what I and my SO do when we use the same computer... user account switching... this way she has her own bookmarks, logins, cookies, cache, desktop background and chaos... and I've got mine (minus the chaos... I'm keen on keeping my stuff neat ...) ...
    This way even if both frequent the same forum, there rarely is a problem about the Login etc.

I'm sorry for the death of your computer as it can feel like losing a friend after so many years of service and I hope to see you back here soon.