Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better way to wear Goodnites

Lightbulb Better way to wear Goodnites

I found that the Goodnites actually hold a ton more moisture if you wear them backwards. I doubled up and wore two today backwards and it held up much better than if I wore them regularly. I am a 31 in waist though so it might be different for others. Wearing them backwards also gives you more padding in the rear, which I like. Anyone ever wear them this way??

No, but I might have to give it a try.

Tried this a long time ago, didn't work that well, but I might try it again, maybe I had a bad luck last time I've tried this...

Are you talking about the Girls' Goodnites or the Boys' Goodnites? They're different, at least that's what I've heard.

The boys' goodnites. And doubling up and wearing two.

Quote Originally Posted by GryphonGuy View Post
    I found that the Goodnites actually hold a ton more moisture if you wear them backwards.
    most diapers have at least a little more padding in the back than they do in the front. they also have padding farther out to the sides usually. Because of this they feel weird, but may help side sleepers a bit.

Kaiden

Interesting, will have to try that

I disagree, especially with the boys'. There's a lot more padding in the front of those. Plus, if you wear them backwards, the elastic at the sides fits really awkwardly.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiBoi View Post
    I disagree, especially with the boys'. There's a lot more padding in the front of those. Plus, if you wear them backwards, the elastic at the sides fits really awkwardly.
    There sometimes will be a difference between boys and girls toddler diapers, with one having a bit more padding in the middle and the other a bit more in the front, but both normally have a larger amount in the rear, and out wider in the rear, because that's where the pee will eventually be moving to when you're sleeping. (on your back, the recommended way) That's the final storage area for overnight, and determines nighttime capacity.

FWIW, I decided to overnight in a breeyo (assure's new name) and they are what I'd call a "low capacity" diaper. Probably L1 or maybe L2 grade. 100% pulp, so they wick rapidly and completely. One wetting, and by the time I got up, the bare plastic in the rear top was just getting damp. Had soaked every square cm of rear padding. That's generally how they work at night. Obviously the same amount done while sitting would have been a guaranteed major leak.

The front or center padding difference only matters during the day. (and afaik, is never done on adult or infant diapers?)

I tried this once, and it was alright. It still soaked up all the wetness, but the elastics felt weird, and the padding wasn't as comfortable as normally worn (since they make Boys' Goodnites with more space in the front for our anatomy). Plus waking up with the bulge of the wet padding being where it usually isn't threw me off a bit. LOL