Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yep, another good bye thread

Default Yep, another good bye thread

Well ADISCers I've come to the conclusion that it is time for me to go. I've put a LOT of thought into whether I should leave or stay. Personally speaking this site has become a blackhole with my personal time. I've noticed that I've been spending way too much time on here.

It was a lot of fun at first when things were new,,,,or at least new to me. Then I noticed that topics sorta became redundant, recycled or rehashed.

I know that I've also stuck my foot in my mouth more than once. If I've offended anyone my sincere apologizes!

Finally, touching back on my time spent on here. When I first signed up on here, it was only my wife and I. Now with the addition of a little one, I've decided to leave ADSIC and devote my time to more important pursuits. One of the new pursuits I will be taking up is the change in career. Having worked for many years in the private security sector, I will be moving into the medical field.

Lastly, I want to make it clear, I am NOT looking for people to beg me to stay. I have met several people on here and have added many of them in to fiends list. I would think it rude to just up and leave without affording them the opportunity to say their goodbyes or to allow others that I have come to know to do the same, if they wish to do so.

I am also well aware of the rule that closing an ADSIC account means that another can not be opened. To that end, I am not 100% sure what to do, so in the mean time I will be cutting my time down to near zero.

So, for all intents and purposes this is my Farewell thread. Thank you all for the great time. I am glad to be parting ways with ADSIC on a good note, rather then being asked to leave or banned. This is a great site, and has a lot to offer to a lot of people.

Take care,
    Last edited by Cherub; 25-Sep-2013 at 15:56.

I'm sure going to miss you Cherub! But as many of us know, raising a child is a lot of work, and I'm sure that your family will appreciate the opportunity to spend more time together. I wish you well in all your endeavors, and hope to see you back for a visit someday

You gotta do what you gotta do.

I couldn't leave even if I wanted too. Everyone would miss me to much.

Good luck and i wish you all the best in your change of career and with the new little one in your life. Take care
    Super Hugs. Leo

I'm already going to miss your words by now =(... why am I not allowed to beg now...

I won't say rude, but you always gave things an unique touch by not wasting time about babbling around things, besides being thoughtful, and I liked that a lot.

Perhaps don't delete your account, since you may find some time to come back some day, if you want to of course and certainly don't find yourself drowning again in this black hole. That would be great, for sure.

Anyway, if you gotta go, you gotta go, so best of luck and take care big boy ;)

Sorry to see you go friend. I've always enjoyed your posts and comments. Wish you luck in the future.

Good luck and all the best to you. Others will read that message when you dwindle and are no more, and see that not all who wander are lost... But consider all the intro threads where we read how someone has a change of heart down the road, and returns. Please consider just leaving your account dormant; where's the harm?

On topic.

I do understand, you are going through the biggest purge period in your life. This is specifically being a parent to a small child, it kills the inclination and also drains you of free time.

So not saying that I ever liked you my fiend, but you have been a good contributor here and would hate to see you leave outright. I would like to endorse what Raccoon has suggested.

There are parts of the forum which suffer threads that cycle every three months, but there are others where we like to shoot the breeze, ooh and each other on occasion. It is for access to the latter of the two thread types that you should keep your account open. Well and good if you should leave your account dormant, but if you were ever to drop by we hope our shenanigans would incense your delicate sensibilities enough to elicit a scathing (but balanced) response from your good self. :p

I will my best wishes as well
    There are times in life that we move place to place, that is only life.
    I think everyone sees that a little one means more than a web site.
    As for the account I wouldn't close it right out, there may be time you might want to ask something about bring up the little one.

Again Good Luck in your life's pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    I am also well aware of the rule that closing an ADSIC account means that another can not be opened. To that end, I am not 100% sure what to do, so in the mean time I will be cutting my time down to near zero.
    IIRC, a closed account can always be reopened. You just e-mail moo.