Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could go back in time in your own life and change things would you?

Default If you could go back in time in your own life and change things would you?

If you could go back in time in your own life and change things like being allowed to wear diapers for bed wetting as a kid or other aspects of your past that you wish you could change. would you?
    I would like to have been potty trained later like age 4 and be able to wear diapers for bed wetting or needed diapers 24/7 since birth and maybe some other things.

At age 9 i had a problem staying dry at night i all ways wanted to ask if i was aloud to wear nappies at bed time but i was to scared.
    So i think if i could go back in time i would just come out with it and say to my parents would it be ok if i can be put into nappies for bed time please!.
    And who knows it might of been ok they may have said yes but i guess i will never know.

There are many things I wish I could of or would have done when I was younger. I wish I had started playing music earlier, wish I had pestered my parents more to help get me some musical education. Wish I had discovered Olympic-style weightlifting when I was a kid as opposed to when I was 34 and too old to make a real go at it. Wish I had gotten more into ABDL at a younger age instead of fighting it so damned much. Wish I had done a lot of things differently, but the paradox is that for every choice or thing you wish you had changed, it sets your life on a whole new course and it may not be the one you were hoping for.

It's okay to think back and wonder what would have happened had you zigged instead of zagged, but it's unhealthy to hold on to regrets about it. I did, for a long time, and still do when I am on the pity pot. But, there's no going back. I can only hope that I've learned enough from my past that I can make more optimal choices in the future.

There is a lot I would love to change about my past. But for me, it is as simple as this: Although I cannot change what has happened in my past, it is the present that will define my future.

So learn from your mistakes, and correct your present.

Quote Originally Posted by MattiKins View Post
    There are many things I wish I could of or would have done when I was younger. But, there's no going back. I can only hope that I've learned enough from my past that I can make more optimal choices in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticMrFox View Post
    There is a lot I would love to change about my past. But for me, it is as simple as this: Although I cannot change what has happened in my past, it is the present that will define my future.

So learn from your mistakes, and correct your present.
    A lot of good advice in this thread, however remember these two additional pieces of advice;

1. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, but if by dreaming you are inspired to reach for a higher goal and attain the slightest part, then that dream has served a purpose and enabled you.

2. Be yourself, it's cliché but as long as you are yourself and remember that you must live with the choices you make, reason them, consider them and don't leap before you look, then hopefully all will be well in the future.

I think everyone has something they would have done differently, given the chance to if they had it, I know I sure would, but the biggest things were never in my reach or control anyhow, that being the parents I had, or for the better term, didn't have. The biggest thing is, don't get hung up on it and beat yourself up over stuff that is not within your grasp any longer to change. Remember, if you spend all your time looking in the mirror at the past, it makes it tough to see where you are going in the future!
    Last edited by Waddles; 25-Sep-2013 at 00:38. Reason: spelling

There's so many things I would have done differently in my life. Life's experiences should teach us the lessons we need to learn. I would have had some different friends. I would have been a nicer person. I would have chosen a different career. The thing is, each one of the paths that I chose took me in a certain direction. Some paths were dead ends, and some diverged into hundreds of paths, leading me to where I am now. I believe that there is a purpose to all of this, and I've learned to accept it.

As for wanting diapers and bed wetting, yes, I would have liked to ask my mom if I could be in diapers again, but I never would have, and she never would have said yes. As it was, when she discovered my stash, she sent me to a shrink. Sometimes I wonder how much free will we really have.

If I could change anything and it wouldn't change who I am today? I would like to wear diapers to bed when I was younger, yes. I would have gotten my license earlier, not quit my job at BK and saved up money (but still have quit, just later, I really like my current job), I would rather of liked my mother to have custody of me and my brothers rather than my dad (would spare me a lot of heartache), not have had the two people who sexually abused me do that, read and wrote more, done more community service, made better friends, not have moved around so much, been diagnosed as bipolar earlier... and that's about all I can think of right now.

Their many things as others have said the most influential for me, would have been being diagnosed with aspergers early on so I could have gotten help sooner, so I could have intagrated better and had a happier childhood. Pressing my parents about me really being a girl so I could have gotten pyscological evaluations sooner and started transition sooner. Seen urologist sooner so I would have not dealt with the pain I did for years, and still experince some of. I would have hoped to have been tested for gluten and milk allergies sooner those would have helped a lot. Then of course their is usual gotten into a regular exersize regime, stuck with my Kung Nu training I did it for seven years and let one incident put me off it. Though thinking about it this was the time I was starting to exprenice extreme gender dysphoria for the first time the most and was not exactly stable.
    So yes many things
    but then I would not be who I am for better or for worse.

There is one thing in my past that I would never change. I would absolutely join the Military again, even if it had the same outcome.