Thread: PageTurner's dumb introduction

PageTurner

Default PageTurner's dumb introduction

Hey, ADISC

I'm really not one for introductions, so I'll keep this brief. As my username implies, I'm an avid book-reader, and a general introvert. I'm heavily involved in the arts, from singing and acting, to common pen-and-paper or graphic arts.

Though I may seem pretty brazen and bold on-stage, I'm actually very nervous, anxious, and timid in real life. I've been diagnosed with anxiety disorders, as well as a social development disorder, and I infrequently handle waves of depression as they come and go.

As for my sexual edge, I'm obviously a fetishist. I enjoy diapers and baby accoutrements, however in lieu of roleplaying at a certain age, I tend to just become more immature and childish. I guess I should also point out that I'm gay; the anniversary of my coming out to my parents is coming up this December, in fact.

Why did I elect to join? Well, I'm from a tiny right-wing town, and I'm reaching out for support to other weirdos like me. Also, just recently my mother (I still live with my folks) discovered my diaper stash, and having already known this fetish was out there (I might cover that in a post in the future), is now fully aware of my little... quirk.

Anyway, that's my that's my spiel. Turned out a little longer than I thought it would, but whatever. I look forward to reading all of your posts in the future (I'll likely read more than write).

- PageTurner

Quote Originally Posted by PageTurner View Post
    Hey, ADISC

I'm really not one for introductions, so I'll keep this brief. As my username implies, I'm an avid book-reader, and a general introvert. I'm heavily involved in the arts, from singing and acting, to common pen-and-paper or graphic arts.

Though I may seem pretty brazen and bold on-stage, I'm actually very nervous, anxious, and timid in real life. I've been diagnosed with anxiety disorders, as well as a social development disorder, and I infrequently handle waves of depression as they come and go.

As for my sexual edge, I'm obviously a fetishist. I enjoy diapers and baby accoutrements, however in lieu of roleplaying at a certain age, I tend to just become more immature and childish. I guess I should also point out that I'm gay; the anniversary of my coming out to my parents is coming up this December, in fact.

Why did I elect to join? Well, I'm from a tiny right-wing town, and I'm reaching out for support to other weirdos like me. Also, just recently my mother (I still live with my folks) discovered my diaper stash, and having already known this fetish was out there (I might cover that in a post in the future), is now fully aware of my little... quirk.

Anyway, that's my that's my spiel. Turned out a little longer than I thought it would, but whatever. I look forward to reading all of your posts in the future (I'll likely read more than write).

- PageTurner
    Welcome PageTurner! Sorry, there's no weirdoes here, just plain ordinary people with a unique "hobby". I am a book lover too. I like Stephen King, John Grisham and Clive Cussler. Who are your favorites? Obviously you probably like movies - what are your favorites?

As far as coming out, congratulations! Have your parents accepted your lifestyle OK? You didn't elaborate too much on the discovery of diapers - Were they OK with that, too? The reason I ask is that these are common themes in the adisc threads and you will find a lot of information to help you with these crises (if there are any).

PageTurner

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Welcome PageTurner! Sorry, there's no weirdoes here, just plain ordinary people with a unique "hobby". I am a book lover too. I like Stephen King, John Grisham and Clive Cussler. Who are your favorites? Obviously you probably like movies - what are your favorites?

As far as coming out, congratulations! Have your parents accepted your lifestyle OK? You didn't elaborate too much on the discovery of diapers - Were they OK with that, too? The reason I ask is that these are common themes in the adisc threads and you will find a lot of information to help you with these crises (if there are any).
    I enjoyed some of the obvious Stephen King novels (Misery, The Stand, etc.) but not all of his novels really stuck to me. I'm a big fan of expatriate novels, especially the ones that came out of the Stein Salon. I'm also a fan of Vonnegut, Orwell, and Hunter S. Thompson, though not all of my favorite novels are so dense and powerful. I'm a surprisingly big fan of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice," and (although it's pretty dark) I thoroughly enjoyed Stieg Larson's Dragon Tattoo Trilogy.

I adore movies, of course. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? In terms of Comedies, I typically prefer stuff out of the UK, especially stuff directed by Edgar Wright, like the Cornetto Trilogy. If we're talking dramas, Daniel Day-Lewis makes a great movie out of anything, so I enjoyed There Will Be Blood, Lincoln, and Gangs of New York. Joss Whedon and David Fincher are also on my go-to list if I'm looking for a good flick.

About the coming out: The whole family took it just fine, and like many other gay guys, they kinda figured in the first place. As to the discovery of the diapers, that was kept on the hush-hush. It was only my mom who discovered them while vacuuming, and she's agreed not to tell anyone else in the family for me. I plan on having a deep talk with her about all this; she's incredibly supportive, loving, and open, so I'm sure she'll be understanding and perhaps even encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by PageTurner View Post
    I enjoyed some of the obvious Stephen King novels (Misery, The Stand, etc.) but not all of his novels really stuck to me. I'm a big fan of expatriate novels, especially the ones that came out of the Stein Salon. I'm also a fan of Vonnegut, Orwell, and Hunter S. Thompson, though not all of my favorite novels are so dense and powerful. I'm a surprisingly big fan of George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice," and (although it's pretty dark) I thoroughly enjoyed Stieg Larson's Dragon Tattoo Trilogy.

I adore movies, of course. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? In terms of Comedies, I typically prefer stuff out of the UK, especially stuff directed by Edgar Wright, like the Cornetto Trilogy. If we're talking dramas, Daniel Day-Lewis makes a great movie out of anything, so I enjoyed There Will Be Blood, Lincoln, and Gangs of New York. Joss Whedon and David Fincher are also on my go-to list if I'm looking for a good flick.

About the coming out: The whole family took it just fine, and like many other gay guys, they kinda figured in the first place. As to the discovery of the diapers, that was kept on the hush-hush. It was only my mom who discovered them while vacuuming, and she's agreed not to tell anyone else in the family for me. I plan on having a deep talk with her about all this; she's incredibly supportive, loving, and open, so I'm sure she'll be understanding and perhaps even encouraging.
    Ah! A man with good taste in books, not just the popular ones like me. I received R. R. Martin's book, but haven't read it. Does watching "Game of Thrones" count? jk

I really like Daniel Day Lewis too. I just saw "Gangs of New York" again on Saturday and forgot how good it was.

Glad all is well with the family. Sounds like you have a great mom. We look forward to seeing your posts in the threads. Don't forget to check out some of the groups here on adisc for in depth discussions on a variety of topics.

Hey there PageTurner, welcome to ADISC, and hope you have fun here!

Sounds like you have similar taste in books and movies to me

~ Puppyluvs

Hi, PageTurner, I'm Michael but everyone here knows me as Fantastic Mr. Fox. And welcome to the insane asylum.

Hello, Pageturner,
    Welcome to the group. I read quite a bit as well, but it's usually political stuff, which means nobody ever wants to borrow my books (everybody hates my music, as well). I like to think I just have discerning tastes.

You and I both have the double whammy of being gay and diaper lovers. It's so much easier coming out gay today than it was back when I was your age (now that just sounds old), but the aldb stuff is still pretty much kept in the closet. You'll find a lot of support on this site.

PageTurner

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

@starrunner
    It's true that its much easier coming out these days, something that I'm very grateful for. I remember what a struggle it was for me to come out, so I can barely imagine what it must've been like farther back, when the odds were stacked even higher against us.

As for the AB/DL stuff, I'm afraid it's likely always going to be something that stays in the closet. We simply don't have the numbers to promote awareness, and people often fear things they don't understand, especially naughty bed-room things!

Sorry for the awkward method of replying. I'm on my phone, as I'm stuck in town waiting for a rehearsal to begin.

Howdy PageTurner and welcome to the group. While I am not gay I can relate to feeling like a weirdo. I felt strange about this for a long time until i decided that I was never going to understand why I have an affinity for wearing and using diapers and i will never know for certain why that is the case.
    I have been a DL for as long as I can recall and though I am now a bed wetter due to numerous medical issues, I still have to admit I don't find the thought of wearing a diaper as a bad thing, as I generally enjoy them... though there are times I wish I didn't actually need them I am able to live with it.
    Once again, welcome. Where are you from....so long as you feel comfortable answering. I live in NE Pennsylvania, in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area.