Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Telling your Best Friend

Default Telling your Best Friend

I put this on another board so sorry to double post but I would like some advice.

I have been a DL since I was 7 and have never told a soul about it, not even family. Three weeks ago, I discovered this forum and was very surprised and happy that there were many other people out there with the same interest. It even gave the courage to buy real diapers for the first time. I am coming to accept myself for who I am and doing what makes me happy. My best friend and I have known each other for 11 years and he knows everything about me, except one thing...he has always been the most supportive person in my life and has a very open mind. For example, when I told him I was a Brony and enjoyed watching MLP, he actually thought it was interesting and even watched and enjoyed all the episodes with me. He is also a professional Therapist, so I'm sure he would be very professional about it if I told him. I just don't want him to think less of me or try and steer me away from it.

Have any of you told your Best Friends about your DL side? If so, how did you go about doing it? How did they react?

None of my friends know. I have said somethings though such as the fact that I enjoy various babyfur artists. I know for a fact that my friends would accept me for it though I'm still kinda scared to say anything, besides I do have ADISC if i ever need to talk. I've been an ABDL since age 4

Quote Originally Posted by GryphonGuy View Post
    I put this on another board so sorry to double post but I would like some advice.

I have been a DL since I was 7 and have never told a soul about it, not even family. Three weeks ago, I discovered this forum and was very surprised and happy that there were many other people out there with the same interest. It even gave the courage to buy real diapers for the first time. I am coming to accept myself for who I am and doing what makes me happy. My best friend and I have known each other for 11 years and he knows everything about me, except one thing...he has always been the most supportive person in my life and has a very open mind. For example, when I told him I was a Brony and enjoyed watching MLP, he actually thought it was interesting and even watched and enjoyed all the episodes with me. He is also a professional Therapist, so I'm sure he would be very professional about it if I told him. I just don't want him to think less of me or try and steer me away from it.

Have any of you told your Best Friends about your DL side? If so, how did you go about doing it? How did they react?
    If your friend is that open minded then I seriously doubt you have anything to worry about I told one of my besties recently, I asked if I could tell tell him something and it not affect our friendship. Of course his response was "DUH". So I told him I was an infantilist, and walked him through what it meant. He was completely fine with it and hasn't treated me any different than before. I say go for it my friend

wow i dont think i could ever tell my friend about being abdl. well not at this point of time anyways. it would probably be easier for him to understand it if im happy and comfortable with it myself. but to be fair i have only really started to accept it about a year ago. so its still something im not ompletely 100% comfortable with.

but hopefully in the future i will be able to tell people that need to know or i dont mind knowing about me being abdl.

I haven't told anyone either, though it has crossed my mind. I guess it really comes down to how you think he will react. For example, I know that with my circle of friends, there are some I could definitely see reacting negatively to my being an ABDL, and others who I would put on my short list to tell without hesitation. All of them are different, but all are still my friends. Putting myself in your shoes, I would seriously consider telling him if it meant that much to you. If he already knows you're a Brony, could this be any worse? In his career as a therapist, I'm sure he's seen much worse. But I don't know him, you do. If he is as supportive and accepting as you make him out to be, perhaps there isn't as much to fear as you think

I thought about this too. I have been friends with these 2 guys for about 11 years! Now The first one might be easer than the second, but I'm not sure. The one was involved with me at a young age (about 4th gread) and we had this thing called the baby club. There were 3 of us. The one I no longer talk to. The other is my best friend. The one that is my best friend would act as my "daddy" if you will ( I know kinda odd at that age) and the other was the "mommy" (he was a guy) it might have went two daddys, but that doesn't matterr. I was the one being babied. Now this wasn't the only incodent that led to my AB/DL, because I was interested in diapers before that. Ok so we did that for about one summer then we stopped, we defriended the other guy for a variety of reasons. Now it's down to two and we didn't do that again and we have never spoke about it to each other, besides a slight mention here and there. So I can probobly tell him, but when I told him I was a brony he didn't like it very much so I'm not sure what he would say about my little side. Now my other friend is understanding about my brony side and my Furry side, but I just recently told him about being a furry and he said "Oh is this the new brony now?" He then accepted it after a wile, but I'm affraid that he will just think im just getting into somthing else again even now I have enjoyed this all my life. I'm also just worried in general about or friendship. I am glad I have all of you here to talk with about this though! I might just keep it this way.

Thanks for the responses and advice everyone! He is the kind of guy that will accept it, I have known him long enough. I also know he will keep it between us.

I told my best friend about five years ago. I recently joined this site and I was telling him I was on a support blog site. He asked me which one. I hesitated for a moment, and then told him. I should add that he and I were lovers through college, so we had an intimate relationship. I knew I could tell him. He also travels all throughout the U.S. and even the world, doing conflict resolution workshops for school systems.

Like your friend, he's professional, and being gay, very understanding of things which may lie outside the typical social norms.

I just told him in a message. Keep you posted on how this goes....thanks again for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by GryphonGuy View Post
    I just told him in a message. Keep you posted on how this goes....thanks again for the responses.
    Yes please do, i have a really good feeling though, from the way you described him, that everything is going to work out great