Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your hangover cure?

Default What's your hangover cure?

Now, I know that technically a hangover is just dehydration, and the only real cure is to drink lots of water, or possibly not to have drunk so much to cause one in the first place.

However, I also know that everyone has their own 'I swear this is the mighty cure' food or drink. So what's yours?

Here in Scotland a lot of people claim an Irn Bru out of a glass bottle, and a good fry up for breakfast will sort you right out, and I'm inclined to agree. Someone else once told me that they always try to read a few paragraphs of something with really small print when they get in from drinking, and that somehow staves away hangovers. He told me that whenever he does that he doesn't get a hangover, but I believe if he's sober enough to remember to do that then that's probably why he's not getting hangovers the next day.

What about you lot?

Oh that's easy: A vitamin 'B', a painkiller, a bottle of blue powerade (high in electrolytes) and some fish&chips or some bacon&eggs in the morning. After all that, have 1,2 or 3 beers.

Problem solved.
    Last edited by Note; 23-Sep-2013 at 06:11.

I make sure I drink a few glasses of water before I go to bed, it seems to work for me. One of my friends swears to cheese, he eats a heap of cheese before going to bed and again in the morning.

A big greasy breakfast. It's like the last thing you want to do, but I've found it helps.

Also as has been said, lots of water before going to bed.

More booze

Easy, don't drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraidy View Post
    Easy, don't drink.
    I rarely drink.. but for those bygone teenage years where I had 'one too many', a strong black coffee usually sorted me out. But as the OP said.. a fry up usually goes well with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RouteLeader View Post
    I rarely drink.. but for those bygone teenage years where I had 'one too many', a strong black coffee usually sorted me out. But as the OP said.. a fry up usually goes well with it.
    when i used to have a hang over. a lot of sleeping and water used to sort me out. not to mention lots of puking the next day and lots of whineing about how im dieing. haha

the closest thing I've had to a hangover was a case of diarrhea after chugging 2 750ml bottles of my homemade hard cider at IFC. We were playing Cards Against Humanity, and after downing my second bottle, it only took me a good 20 minutes to get drowsy and start feeling like shit. It was 2am, so I called it a night, and went back to the room to crash. I didn't get much sleep due to having to get up and use the bathroom every hour or so.

It's been so long since I had "brown bottle flu", but I liked bacon and eggs before I went home to bed. Also black coffee first thing in the morning when I got up.