Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any stomach sleepers out there?

Default Any stomach sleepers out there?

I am a female, and I tend to sleep on my stomach. I also can't wet lying on my back or side. When I do wet on my stomach, even if its very slowly and even If I am double padded, I tend to leak a lot. It flows out the top!!! Any suggestions? Does anyone have a similar problem?

i sleep on my tummy too. and when i need to go i sort of push myself up a bit on my hands. so that when i pee its not like a pool that then will leak over the top. if that makes any sense

I too like to sleep on my stomach. At the moment I don't have any adult diapers around so I don't dare to wet while in bed, but when I had some, I wet while pushing my torso up (do you say torso in english?) like babymeggy said. And one time I put a pillow under my stomach so that the top part of the diaper was higher than the rest. Both worked well for me. edit: I'm male, but I dont think that it should make much difference in this situation ;-)
    Last edited by athon; 21-Sep-2013 at 14:31. Reason: added stuff, typo

Quote Originally Posted by Candlemaker View Post
    I am a female, and I tend to sleep on my stomach. I also can't wet lying on my back or side. When I do wet on my stomach, even if its very slowly and even If I am double padded, I tend to leak a lot. It flows out the top!!! Any suggestions? Does anyone have a similar problem?
    Thatís a common problem. Wear plastic pants over your diaper if youíre not already. Second and most importantly, tuck the pant waist and leg bands inside the diaper so that the wetness will puddle inside the pant without leaking. Good luck.

I wear a rather heavy cloth diaper most of the time (and plastic pants obviously). No problem with stomach peeing. Even with the L4's by themselves, I just make sure I'm "cupped" properly before wetting.

well since you're not IC, why not just roll onto your back briefly, wet, give if a couple minutes to soak in, and then roll back on your stomach?

also consider using a booster

finally, don't use ATN for stomach wetting. It's a high sap diaper, meaning it wicks slowly. You'll be a lot less likely to leak in a high pulp diaper like a wellness or moly. Or at least wet slowly. Instead of emptying your bladder, just wet say 1/3 capacity. give it time to absorb. check. If safe, wet some more. etc

I sleep facing up but I always stare over the right.

I sleep on my stomach but wear thick cotton training underpants and defintely "cup" the elastic of my PULs over the brief. No stomach leaks anymore (but took several accidents in college to finally find this trick).

I can sleep in almost any position and I tend to hit all 4 corners of the bed. I haven't worked on wetting too much while lying down though so I guess I can't help you.