Thread: hi

Default hi

Here I'm going by dreaminggirl, but you can call me Em or Kitten, since they're vague versions of names I use elsewhere.

I'm technically polygender/bigender (but usually present female). I'm currently unemployed but looking for work. I'm also considering exploring going back to school but in the meantime I take a ridiculous amount of MOOCs to fill up my time and do risk exploration when I'm not going to an adult education day program for people with mental health challenges.

I'm here because I believe I fall into the AB category (I know I feel like being little is a significant part of who I am but i'm not sure what else). I guess you could say it's a mix of risk assessment via lurking and also just plain having a place for self-discovery since this isn't a self/lifestyle aspect that has a lot of resources for females (looks like it's small even here, but hey more research areas are better than less in my book even if the sample-sizes remain small). I'm not sure how active I'll be as both my forum etiquette and my activity level on forums is sporadic), but I figured I'd introduce myself anyway.

I'm a reader, a writer of poetry, fanfiction, fiction and creative nonfiction, a reiki practitioner and an artist who works in mixed media/collage art journals and artist trading cards. I also collect dolls, stuffed animals and miniatures for my dollhouses.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! You're bound to meet some great and like-minded people here.mwhats you're favourite genre to write?

Quote Originally Posted by dreaminggirl View Post
    Here I'm going by dreaminggirl, but you can call me Em or Kitten, since they're vague versions of names I use elsewhere.

I'm technically polygender/bigender (but usually present female). I'm currently unemployed but looking for work. I'm also considering exploring going back to school but in the meantime I take a ridiculous amount of MOOCs to fill up my time and do risk exploration when I'm not going to an adult education day program for people with mental health challenges.

I'm here because I believe I fall into the AB category (I know I feel like being little is a significant part of who I am but i'm not sure what else). I guess you could say it's a mix of risk assessment via lurking and also just plain having a place for self-discovery since this isn't a self/lifestyle aspect that has a lot of resources for females (looks like it's small even here, but hey more research areas are better than less in my book even if the sample-sizes remain small). I'm not sure how active I'll be as both my forum etiquette and my activity level on forums is sporadic), but I figured I'd introduce myself anyway.

I'm a reader, a writer of poetry, fanfiction, fiction and creative nonfiction, a reiki practitioner and an artist who works in mixed media/collage art journals and artist trading cards. I also collect dolls, stuffed animals and miniatures for my dollhouses.
    Welcome dreaminggirl! You certainly have a lot of artistic endeavors with all your writing and drawing skills! I've never heard of artist trading cards - are they like sports trading cards? Is there a website to look at some examples or do you have any to post? Some of the artists on here will draw their own avatar. Maybe you'll do the same? Anyway, I hope you're more than a sporadic poster. You sound like you're going to be a great addition to our community!

@Valkyrie0: I write mostly recovery narratives and slice-of-life type things in speculative fiction genres.

@zipperless: Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) are baseball trading card-sized works of art that can be made with any media. Usually they're traded or given away. Here's a sample of one I made using a butterfly sticker, crayons and color pencil and a stencil i made using a flower-shaped holepunch. (I don't want to post my gallery link here cause a couple of my collections borderline the forum rating since they were for an adult-ish play's art show.)

I'm not sure if I'll draw an avatar. I'm more of a doodler than an artist. Most of what I do is collage.

Very nice! Thank you for sharing and the information!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your art

welcome to ADISC happy to have ya aboard