Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A note about Abena M3

Default A note about Abena M3

Abena M3 is a good quality diaper I wear almost 24/7 mainly on work days I air out other times as I am not IC. But I still like to wear on days off.

The best thing I like about this diaper is the tapes they are like super glue.
    If you try to rip one off the wrong way it is so freaking loud.
    It has a tab on it that you pull and it will let go easy. I learned this after awhile by accident so if you want to change in public restroom use it.
    They have a real nice audible crinkle to them.

Also just ordered a new case of M3.

Any one know if any other diapers have that kind of tab?

Any one else that wears 24/7 or near 24/7 what diaper do you use?

I have a bag of the M3's right now, they're great. Can't really say much about them since these are the only true diapers I've worn.

And yeah those tapes, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDorito View Post
    I have a bag of the M3's right now, they're great. Can't really say much about them since these are the only true diapers I've worn.

And yeah those tapes, wow.
    yep those tapes

I have only tried one other and that was Molicare super plus years ago I thought they would be blue...but I was wrong. Having seen pictures of the blue ones, that is what I thought I was getting. Was so sad when I got them and they were purple. I still don't have much exp buying diapers though.

your name oddly reminded me of the old 1990s i think cool ranch puff Doritos if you know what im talking about just googled and could not find any pictures of them

the single tapes on the ABU Cushies are like super glue as well. they have the little blue tabs to rip them off, but they are pretty loud and will sometimes even rip some of the plastic backing off when you try to unfasten them for a change. I assume the SDK's and Sissy diapers are the same way, as they probably use the same tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebus View Post
    Abena M3 is a good quality diaper I wear almost 24/7 mainly on work days I air out other times as I am not IC. But I still like to wear on days off.

The best thing I like about this diaper is the tapes they are like super glue.
    If you try to rip one off the wrong way it is so freaking loud.
    It has a tab on it that you pull and it will let go easy. I learned this after awhile by accident so if you want to change in public restroom use it.
    They have a real nice audible crinkle to them.

Also just ordered a new case of M3.

Any one know if any other diapers have that kind of tab?

Any one else that wears 24/7 or near 24/7 what diaper do you use?
    I bought a case from Gary awhile back and like them real well. I was using them until Gary got his Tena Slip Maxi's in and I got a case of them coming. Will order another case of M3's next month.
    Those could possibly be going away around the end of the year according to Gary. They're no longer being made and when his stock is gone that's it. Then he will only have the M4's.
    I do wear 24/7 with Dependeco AIO's my overnight diaper.

If you're talking about the plastic-backed M3s... yeah... they were great. RIP. (Although maybe not with that strong plastic...)

The fake-cloth backed Abena Abri-Forms aren't completely terrible (only by comparison!), but they don't fit as snugly and are more prone to leaks. The new Abena Air-Plus (Premium) range, however, are terrible! They just don't seem to be properly waterproof and have extra elastic in the tabs so you get an even less snug fit... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I bought a case from Gary awhile back and like them real well. I was using them until Gary got his Tena Slip Maxi's in and I got a case of them coming. Will order another case of M3's next month.
    Those could possibly be going away around the end of the year according to Gary. They're no longer being made and when his stock is gone that's it. Then he will only have the M4's.
    I do wear 24/7 with Dependeco AIO's my overnight diaper.
    It sucks so hard that the L3s and XL-Pluses are being discontinued. Gary has been such a good guy with his products and me, but unfortunately it seems all the products I use from his site are seemingly being discontinued.

I'll probably try the Dry 24/7s when they come in, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to switch to Bambinos and Secure Premiums next month.

I've been considering getting M3's as a more discreet alternative to the M4's so i can wear at work or during the day without the constant fear of bulk, waddling, and having to explain myself if i were noticed. My number one question is how do they compare to the M4's as far as discreetness? I know they wont hold as much but i dont think losing a little capacity is gonna hurt that bad considering M4's are on the verge of being ridiculous. But so when i wear m4's under my work pants or any pants, they really bulk out the front of my pants, and it is really rather noticeable, my bf has noticed too. Are M3's any better at not being so bulky in front. It seems like most of the bulk from my M4's is caused by the padding that extends into the wings, and when i put them on the front tends to flare out/or fold up a bit to where the padded part will be over the bottom tape, i have a 32in waist and if you have used these and are similar in size to me then you should definitely understand what im talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by askmelater47 View Post
    I've been considering getting M3's as a more discreet alternative to the M4's so i can wear at work or during the day without the constant fear of bulk, waddling, and having to explain myself if i were noticed. My number one question is how do they compare to the M4's as far as discreetness? I know they wont hold as much but i dont think losing a little capacity is gonna hurt that bad considering M4's are on the verge of being ridiculous. But so when i wear m4's under my work pants or any pants, they really bulk out the front of my pants, and it is really rather noticeable, my bf has noticed too. Are M3's any better at not being so bulky in front. It seems like most of the bulk from my M4's is caused by the padding that extends into the wings, and when i put them on the front tends to flare out/or fold up a bit to where the padded part will be over the bottom tape, i have a 32in waist and if you have used these and are similar in size to me then you should definitely understand what im talking about.
    Im open to other options and have also been considering the UK Tena maxis that are now stocked by xp medical. anybody have any comments on these or suggestions on others. I want to be able to fit 3 good wettings in before i get to the point of risking leaks and/or needing a change, looking to be able to go around 8-12 hours max with a minimum of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by askmelater47 View Post
    The difference between the M3s and M4s is that, in the M3s, the padding doesn't extend into the wings at the front so much and they're a little thinner. It definitely makes a difference to discreetness -- mainly because, with the narrower padding, it's much easier to walk naturally without waddling. They hold almost as much as an M4 and aren't really any more prone to leaks (unless you're laying down).

I think you'd like them. Get some while you still can! :-)

Well darn I am not sure what I am going to do for a diaper once they are out of M3 plastic backed

One thing I have not been enjoying is i think i am putting my diaper on wrong cause it feels like the leg gathers are cutting into me

for IC people is that normal or am i really doing somthing wrong?