Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best diaper for small frame

Default best diaper for small frame

What is the best diaper for a very small adult(5ft. tall, 29in. waist) ?

It depends on what you are looking for. Goodnites should fit exceptionally well, although they arent all that absorbent compared to most adult diapers. If you want high absorbency, try the Abenas. I believe they make a size small that should fit. I usually wear the mediums, but I have a 32" waist and I'm 6'2".

Try tena slip maxi. It's an expensive, premium diaper and has a very trim build to it. Just remember your hips are more important than the waist. Go by that measurement more than your waist for a better fit and try to land in the middle of the range if you can. If you can't, go a bit on the bigger side than smaller since the tapes can't handle a lot of tension or they'll rip off.

Since you are not an AB, or a DL, then you will want something that is discrete and flexible if you will be playing Golf??? Then I would go for an elastic pull up type.

Most brand names offer a good range but I am quite fond of Tena.

That depends on what you are looking for. I will make a chart, and you can decide what you want, but to be honest with a 29 in waist you might want to try some mediums. I only say that because most small diaper suck, compared to medium brands.

Small Molicare Super Plus:

*quiet outer plastic
    *No swelling with the smalls
    * 2 tape system
    *Should be good for public wearing *again this is the size small not mediums*
    *5th absorbent small
    *This diaper is really comfy. This diaper is great to wear wet or dry. *for abdls though, they might not like the whole "NO SWELLING" thing though. I know I don't >.> *

North shore care: Pack/14 $19.25

XP medical: pack/14 $14.95

Absorbency: 16 oz

Overstock: case of 56 for $46.49

Now this diaper in smalls has a bunch of great deals normally. I once got a 4 pack for 25 dollars. They are also cheap for a case on . That is one of the reasons I still even buy them.

Small Tena slip maxi:

*The plastic is louder than Molicare, but still quiet under jeans
    *Top swelling small diaper*Swells enough to where you know you are wearing a diaper, but is still walk able around in under jeans.*
    *1st most absorbent diaper
    *really expensive
    Cost: *I would not buy these from bambino they cost way too much from them*

Xpmedical: pack/24 $33.95

Bambino: pack/24 $42.00

Absorbency: Not sure but I feel it is the most absorbent. I can stay in just one of these all day and be ok.

Small Tranquility Smart-core:

*cloth like outer shell
    * Very quiet
    *Refastanable tapes
    *Swells some to where you know you are wearing, but still good enough to walk around in public
    *4th most absorbent small diaper.
    *really cheap to buy

North Shorecare: Pack/10 $8.69

Absorbency: 18 oz

I just tried these and they are actually decent. The main killer for me is it's cloth backed. I would recommend these though, because they are one of the few cloth backed diapers I have tried where it did not stretch and the tapes where good. I will probably buy these again, only because I rather have higher absorbency and swelling then a low absorbent diaper that doesn't swell at all. I just wish they had a plastic version. LET US CHOOSE. Also these are great for public use, for some abdls. Its doesn't get big enough for people to tell your wearing, but you do actually notice the diaper. By that I mean when it swells it does enough swelling to where it causes no waddling, but you know you have a diaper on. This diaper would be great for both abdls and IC people in my opinion.

Small Tranquility ATNS:

*Has option of plastic of cloth like outer shell
    *T His diaper has a lot of crinkles
    *This diaper does swell, but has a really gushy feeling to it,
    *3rd most absorbent small diaper.
    *Cheap to buy

North shorecare care: Pack/10 $8.79

Absorbency: 22 oz
    *NOTE:the size on these are extremely weird. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SAMPLES, before you make a final decision. Seeing as you have a 29" wasit you might not like how these fit.

Small Abena s4's premium:

*Only in cloth *
    *this is a quiet diaper.
    *This diaper barely swells, and really does not feel that good when wet.
    *2nd most absorbent small diaper.
    *Ok price

North shorecare: pack/22 $26.99

Xpmedical: Pack/22 $23.95

Absorbency: 24 oz *but the diaper wicks the liquid outside of the diaper, meaning you will have damp underwear, when you go to change.*

* These have HORRIBLE TAPES!!!! The tapes come loose a lot, and the fabric on this diaper stretches like crazy*
    *If you get these make sure you are wearing plastic pants. I really do not recommend this diaper, in all honesty I would avoid this one, but you can order a sample, Just to see if you like it. The plastic backed diaper version of this diaper used to be the best small diaper out there.

*there medium diaper is more of a size small
    *This diaper is really meant for abdls
    *Highly absorbent and really thick
    *soft plastic
    * It’s basically like a fuse between dry24/7 and Molicare
    *not discreet and is mainly a night time diaper
    *They were cheap
    *ONE PROBLEM!!!!!! THEY ARE NO LONGER SOLD IN THE USA. You will need to order these overseas if you want them, I also think they are linked with dry24/7, because they both went down at the same time and they are still technically down.

Final words:

So I leave the decision up to you, but like I said I would just go for mediums at that waist size. You get your money’s worth, and are not left with companies ignoring you.

I talked to them and he said he hates how there are not really any good plastic backed smalls anymore. He is just waiting for the business to take off. I would love to see a bunch of people support this company, because every other companies just seems to not care.
    Last edited by kratox; 20-Sep-2013 at 16:48.

Thanks for the info. The selection here in Bardstown sucks, & im mainly investigating night diapers as Iam a bedwetter. I wear Goodnites to bed and they fit like a dream, but with me closing at Maywood when Iget home between 9:00 & 10:00 PM , I am half dead &changing at 3:00 in the morning sucks!

I have a 29 inch waist and I've found that molicare mediums actually work to some extent (abena mediums run a bit too large). I wear them in public all the time with no issues, though I suspect you might run into problems with the waistband sticking up way to far to hide if you're 5' (I'm 5'11" and have to be careful to roll it downwards). If you're only planning on wearing at night though, that could definitely be a workable solution for you.

Otherwise I've had good luck with both molicare smalls and also the abena S2 and S4. Between those I recommend the molicare as it's still plastic backed (better odor control and tapes), and feels the least gross when wet. Cloth backed diapers tend to feel cold and clammy due to the breathability.

also fyi concerning the waistbands... sometimes I cut the front down with a scissors. The wellness I'm wearing right now is a bit too long front-to-back, so I cut about 2.5" off the top. (leaving about 1.5" between the edge and the start of the padding) You might find that helps your larger diapers fit better without a big pileup of unpadded material high in front.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    also fyi concerning the waistbands... sometimes I cut the front down with a scissors. The wellness I'm wearing right now is a bit too long front-to-back, so I cut about 2.5" off the top. (leaving about 1.5" between the edge and the start of the padding) You might find that helps your larger diapers fit better without a big pileup of unpadded material high in front.
    I was actually referring to the padded part coming up too high (I always just rolled or tucked down the non-padded part). Interesting idea though. You'd lose the elastic, but it's not like it was helping anyway if the diaper is big in the first place.

Pull-Up diapers seem to fit the 30" frame perfectly I mean if you want a tapped diaper I don't know what to suggest but goodnights large are perfect