Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanting to come out to my family

Default Wanting to come out to my family

So I want to come out to my family about my dl side, I am tired of hiding who I am outside of work and my family should be the ones to except, granted my family is only my mom but still. So I'm thinking about telling her just so I don't have to hide my damn diaper wearing! Don't know if I should but I want to, the hiding is interfering with my real life so I feel this knowledge will help out, I just can't make up my mind!!! Any advice??

My advice would be: Put yourself in her shoes and ask yourself whether you'd want to know. I'm guessing the answer will be "probably not." Everybody has things they do in private. This is yours.

IMO.

I agree with that, but I was also always raised to be open about everything, my only goal is to say hey I wear diapers from time to time, so if you hear a crinkle don't flip out! I do understand the issues involved with this, what sucks is we live on the same property but different houses, we work together and I handle all the family business emergencies, that's why with her knowing I wouldn't be wasting as much money and just over all stress

Yesterday I nearly came out the hard way, which is to say in front of a house full of other people. It caused me to consider whether my 'kicks' are at a level where if someone else is that suspicious it must be making them uncomfortable to the point they have to mention it appears that way. You'll never know how badly I wanted to just say "Guess what?" but it would be the most wrong time and place if ever to disclose. Someone on my thread mentioned Goodnites in the presence of others and I would like to pass that along - save the thick crinkly for your time away from family

acorn

I could troll you by saying yes do it.
    Is that what you want?
    You would like me to troll you?

what sucks is we live on the same property but different houses,
    duplex? Or main house + cottage?

In any case, we might need a clearer picture as to why it's so hard to keep things the way they are. You already answered what would have been my next question: any chance of moving on your own?

I have my own trailer on family property, my mother is older so I end up helping a lot with all kinds of stuff, random calls cause of strange noises, all maintenance for the house and all other properties, it's the fact that I get asked to do stuff 24/7 at random times, so I can't plan any ME time, I would like to be at least able to say hey, I'll be good to take care of that in a half hour, where as now it's, ring ring you need to go this now, I go ok give me this amount of time and I get no why? I'm tired of telling lies, it's just a pain in the ass and I don't feel it's needed! I was raised to believe as long as you arnt harming another person who cares what you do, so I would just like that freedom, and no moving isn't an option, she's getting older and I have to be around other wise she overworks herself, also I'm in the process of taking over our family business so I'm just stuck where I am at and doing what I have to do, I've been debating this for the last month but thought I'd thro it up on here for other opinions.....as to the living situation she has the main house and I have a trailer in the back stretch of the property
    Last edited by Swiftfox; 20-Sep-2013 at 05:48. Reason: Adding info

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftfox View Post
    I agree with that, but I was also always raised to be open about everything, my only goal is to say hey I wear diapers from time to time, so if you hear a crinkle don't flip out!
    I get the aversion to keeping secrets, but don't fool yourself; everybody does it, and it's often for the best. Most parents expend a tremendous amount of energy filtering the real world in order to create a carefree childhood for their kids. Consider this your opportunity to return the favor.

I'm a little unclear on the living/working situation, but as far as living with parents goes, it sounds like you've got a better-than-average privacy situation. My suggestion would be to look for ways to wear diapers when you are assured of some privacy, and try to avoid doing so at other times. I don't wear diapers to work either. Granted, I don't work at home, but when I am home, I still choose my diaper time carefully to avoid involving others. My wife knows that I like diapers, but hasn't expressed any interest in getting involved, so saving the diapers for my own time seems like the respectful thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    Someone on my thread mentioned Goodnites in the presence of others and I would like to pass that along - save the thick crinkly for your time away from family
    Yea, I have been wearing those around everyone and no body has noticed. I have some Depends though too for my ME time. As far as telling your Mom, if you think she would be cool with it after awhile I say tell her. In my case, my mom would have to find out the hard way. I LIKE to keep this part of myself private. But if she ever did find out it wouldn't be the end of the world, I mean, she was cool with me being a fan and going to conventions for a little girls show (Brony here). It took her some time, but she learned that it is something that really made me happy and accepted it. If she ever found out I would just say that sometimes I get stressed and I like to wear them to bed sometimes. Not really a big deal.

You know your situation best but I don't see the point in telling her. Would you want to know if she had a particular fetish or not ?