Thread: gettin' a GTX 280

Default gettin' a GTX 280

as my title suggests, my dad is buying me an NVIDIA GEFORCE ASUS GTX 280 Today. Actually we are just Special Ordering it from IT Warehouse as they don't keep Top End components in stock,so we're special ordering it and it should come within 3-7 business days. when someone special orders an item they have to pay 10% of the items price,so we are paying $68 and than later we pay the rest ($612).

im so happy im getting this for xmas.

if you want to know my current specs they are:

☺ ASUS 8800 GTS 512 (G92)
    ☺ ASUS P5E X38 (LGA 775)
    ☺ Team (c) Elite 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 800MHz @ 1007MHz
    ☺ Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 @ 3.42GHz
    ☺ Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7,200RPM x2 (2TB Raid 1)
    ☺ Pioneer BD-R bluray reader and dvd supermulti
    ☺ Antec 900
    Altec Lansing 2100,Sennheiser HD 465 - run on Supreme FX II
    ☺ Thermaltake MaxOrb
    ☺ 2x neons (1 green, 1 blue)
    ☺ Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
    ☺ Logitech G7 Wireless Mouse
    ☺ BenQ G2400W 24" HDCP (black)

Default - BFG Tech BFGEGTX2801024OC2E GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Sucks you don't live in the states, or canada.

Anyways why do you need a 280? I can run every game fine on my 8800 GT. Either way I wouldn't wish my parents to go in debt spoiling me with the newest video cards that you would just want replaced in two years.

im using my 8800 gts 512 as a PhysX card and the 280 as main
    well the guy who built my pc a year ago didnt build it exactly as i wanted it, so i asked my dad to buy me new parts to the specs i wanted them and he said ok,so im gonna get him to buy another 280 next year along with an i7 965 Extreme Edition, X58 Rampage II Extreme, 24GB Corsair/OCZ Ram ,ect.

the reason im getting this is because im a pc enthusiast/Xtreme gamer (well im not playing 24/7 but i do play alot) and i want an overkillikngly powerfull pc,lol to play css,crysis and far cry 2,ect (the newest titles)
    hey isnt it funny that crysis was made in 2007 and it took an entire year with 3GPU'S!! at 1GB each to defeat crysis with water cooling or else it cooks lol, like what happened in this pc

I play Crysis and Farcry 2 just fine on my PC which is actually "worse" then your computer. I haven't tried out GTA4 yet due to not having the free space for it or the patience to torrent it. But I think I can run GTA4 at Xbox 360 and PS3 levels. Or I could if rockstar could stop being lazy and actually try to program for the PC.

whats ur specs
    im downloading gta 4 from demonoid and fallout 3, im gonna bench on gtx 280 when i get it with 8800 gts 512 as a physx as i said earlier, it will be kickass