Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grieving...

Default Grieving...

Many of you, I am sure have lost people that are dear to you. Whether, it be a parent, grandparent, or close friend...

Even though, I'm not active on this site; thought you all should know that yesterday afternoon around 2:15, my grandmother departed from this world.

I am sorry to hear that, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Sorry for your loss. Just in the meantime don't do anything irrational until the grieving process has run it's course.

One of my best mates and grandfather passed away a few years back on the same year that actually prompt me to get in to karate. Needed an outlet, karate seemed like a logical step.

Take care.

Hugs and condolences, Joshua. You will miss her but she will always be with you.

I'm sorry for the loss to you and your family. I haven't lost many people close to me but it's a fact of our existence. It's a good time to spend with your family and the people who matter to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaH View Post
    Many of you, I am sure have lost people that are dear to you. Whether, it be a parent, grandparent, or close friend...

Even though, I'm not active on this site; thought you all should know that yesterday afternoon around 2:15, my grandmother departed from this world.
    JoshuaH,

My condolences to you, and your family...

What legacy of your Grandmother, might you like to share with us?

About A Person's Legacy

A personís Legacy is defined as how they are remembered; what contributions they made while they were alive.

An interconnection across time, with a need for those who have come before them and a responsibility to those who come after them.

It gives shape and meaning to the lives of many people; reflects all that they held most near and dear.

Timeless parts of themselves are passed on to others leaving hope for the future.

-Marka

Joshua my thoughts and prayers are with you at your time of loss. I thought I was going to be in the same boat last week.

Joshua I do understand your lost and my thoughts go out to you. I too just lost a family member this week An Aunt, that was just 8 years older than me. We must grieve then we must move on. We have lost them in body but not in spirit .

I'm sorry for your loss Joshua. I was very close to my grandmother, and I have some of my fondest memories of her from when I was very young. My mom had gone back to work and my grandmother watched me every day. She lived a block or two from Toms River, which is in New Jersey. We would go for walks in the summer, down by the water, me holding her hand. It was hot, being summer, and when we'd return, she would give me a root beer, which I loved.

When it was nap time, I would sleep in her bedroom. She had a small china music box which held powder and a powder puff. She would wind it up and let it play, providing some music for me until I fell asleep. It played, "When I grow to old to Dream" and I'd ask her about the words. She told me how she was getting old, and one day she would be in heaven, not dreaming here on this planet. That music box now sits on my bedroom dresser, and occasionally I play it, and think of her.

So I understand how precious grandmother can be. They're the one person in our family who loves us unconditionally without ever finding fault. I don't think I could do anything that would ever make her angry. Grandmother are special, and so their loss is especially painful. My heart goes out to you.

I am so sorry, Joshua. I lost my grandmother when I was nine. I don't remember a lot about her but there are some things that I do and those things allow me to continue to love her, even though it has been so long. I still have some items that she gave me. A puzzle, a box of dominos. I remember playing the game Operation with her. I also remember working on my penny collection at her house. She had a big jar of pennies and allowed me to sort thru them, looking for ones I didn't have.

I know you are hurting but remember that she will always be there in spirit.

Hugs