Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Male to female ratio AB's.

Default Male to female ratio AB's.

Ok, I pretty much know that there are more male AB's than there are female AB's but my question to you guys is what the difference is. I've heard of different statistics but was not sure if they were at least in the ball park. It's just something I've always wondered.

We don't really have the data. There's no way to get an unbiased sample.

It seems that there is a large preponderance of males. You're not going to get much more specific than that.
    Last edited by Axiom; 18-Sep-2013 at 05:32.

What LazyAB said is probably true. Not all ABDLs are going to admit to it, and some may not even know that there's a term for what they like and do. It's just too private of a thing to really poll, unfortunately.

I can say in another ABDL forum is ratio of males/females 7,8/1, I thing here in adisc it'd not be so different.

Good question, and hard to pin down. In the 80's there was speculation there might not be any biological females, they were that rare! It was speculated in the early days of the internet that it was so unlikely there might be gals that when they claimed to be ones they were 1 men posing as women for the attention/notoriety; men posing as women within a cross-dressed fantasy/roleplay; trans m-f people claiming claiming f as their gender. It was assumed actual girls used male pseudonyms to avoid being hit on and harassment. Nowadays more online gals seem to be truthful most I believe them. anyway I know some and see they are as into diapers as my, and are fullu into the scene like Kat in 50 stone babies

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    15 stone babies
    Fixed that for ya.
    -----------------------

As for the question at hand. I honestly don't know. Maybe it has something to do with the males genitalia being on the outside so wearing is more sensual for males so therefore it is more attractive for males. Well at least that's what I found when I was more of a DL.

But even that doesn't really make sense. I took up an interest at the age of about 5-6 and that was before sexual maturity. So it couldn't have been a sexually driven thing for me.

And on the AB side, it's different again. Most likely there are woman AB's not only because it is still a sexually driven thing but because after wearing for a long time it becomes more of a security blanket (if that makes any sense).

I honestly don't know. At this point it's just pure speculation. Even psychologists are still trying to figure it all out.
    Last edited by Speck; 18-Sep-2013 at 08:19.

They may not be as rare as you think. I've bumped into 2 in real life, both at the same Furry convention. One of them is one of my Babyfur friends who goes by the name of Stella, and the other is Roxy Littlepaw, who I've had the pleasure of chatting with at both IFC and FCN.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    ; trans m-f people claiming claiming f as their gender.
    Your post implies that trans people "claim" to be a certain gender... Or are not "actual" females. This is rude. Please have more respect for people's gender identities.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    Your post implies that trans people "claim" to be a certain gender... Or are not "actual" females. This is rude. Please have more respect for people's gender identities.
    You are threatening to derail a thread with emotionally charged.....well a charge. There is nothing wrong with being anything; ie, 1/ Male, 2/ Female, 3/ Both, 4/ Neither.

Racoon has said nothing to the contrary. He is in fact reminiscing back to the early days of the Wicked Wild World, of which he is sharing his experience. Back in those days the burden of proof was on the claimant and nothing was taken for granted by the recipient. In short, you were by consensus understood to be a male HNG till proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by W.W.W.
    Golden rule, 1/ There are no girls on the interwebs.
    What it is really all about is transparency or forthright honesty.
    Last edited by acorn; 18-Sep-2013 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSmall View Post
    YOUR post implies that the world "claims" has a negative connotation. It does not. It just means to take as one's own.

You should have a more optimistic outlook on the world.

Also (unrelated to the above), I did want to add to my earlier post. I actually personally come across almost equal men and women ABDLs... Granted, I'm on Fetlife, but still. The women blend in more, probably, because it's more accepted by society for a woman to act childish and immature than it is for a man. People don't think twice when a grown woman wears hair bows, or a Sesame Street shirt... but when it's a man, people suddenly start shouting ABDL (even if he's not, really).
    Last edited by DinosaurRawr; 18-Sep-2013 at 14:48. Reason: Edited to fix a typo.