Thread: Fist Snow~

Default Fist Snow~

Well, we got our first snow of the year a day or so ago. It was quite a bit, too, for a first of the year.
    I went out and sled down our hill with my little brother. It was so much fun! But it was freezing too.
    Now being from Washington, I'm used to the cold and wet (yes, I just stereotyped myself :O), but this was FREEZING

We're supposed to get a huge snowstorm tonight, and the clouds look like they agree >.> So if I'm not on, it's probably because I'm out playing, or the internet's down

How did you guys feel when you got your first snow? Or, what would you do if you got snow?

I misspelled the title, it should be FiRst Snow >.<

I loved snow when I was a little kid, as I lived in southern New Jersey. I lived in one rural neighborhood, and we could go sledding down our streets. There were lots of woods, and the street lead all the way to Barnegat Bay. Sometimes we would ice skate on the bay in among the cat tails and rushes. We'd play army, and there would be all these ice paths surrounded by the cat tails, etc, and then all of a sudden you would emerge into a big pond area. It was so much fun, and I sorely miss those days.

Tomorrow they're calling for freezing rain here in Virginia, and my wife and I have to drive up to Charlottesville to go the doctors, so not quite as much fun!

I absolutely love it. I live in a high-snow area and we had our first significant snowfall in late October. I'm a skier, so snow is a good thing and I like to see a lot of it. It doesn't really affect us much up here, we are well prepared for it. We are supposed to get some snow tonight and tomorrow, but probably not a lot, maybe 6 inches or so, which is not a big deal.