Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accident on the course?

Default accident on the course?

Anyone ever have an accident while playing golf?

I mean if you're IC - especially with certain forms of IC most kind of sports where you make sudden movements can lead to accidents...

What exactly happend?
    and have you been IC for a long time - or is this accident something out of the ordinary for you?

Had to pee, made for the heather by the cartpath and didnt quite make it. I was drinking an Arnold Palmer, as the water here is full of minerals & pretty nasty tasting. I do have a somewhat small bladder & am a lifelong bedwetter.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfCub View Post
    Had to pee, made for the heather by the cartpath and didnt quite make it. I was drinking an Arnold Palmer, as the water here is full of minerals & pretty nasty tasting. I do have a somewhat small bladder & am a lifelong bedwetter.
    GolfCub,

Honestly, if this so far has been a one time issue I wouldn't get too worried about it yet.
    However - should this become a reoccurring thing (second time) than I'd certainly make an appointment with an urologist.

Many people - (I mean non Incontinent) - do have accidents once or twice in their life... that doesn't make them incontinent.
    I can certainly understand why it would "freak" anyone out though... it's not something you think would happen.
    But try not to get too worked up about it - stress can make it worse.

And if you are really worried, you can always go and get an appointment with an urologist just to make sure.

I can of course NOT tell you why this has happened to you - there can be a multitude of reasons and it can be anything from psychological to physical to a combination...

I didnt think anything of it, i do have infrequent daytime accibents. Besides I got on in regulation & two-putted for par from 27 feet on the next hole.
    After all nothing should keep the 2013 Special Olympics Kentucky state golf champion from enjoying a round of golf!

Quote Originally Posted by GolfCub View Post
    I didnt think anything of it, i do have infrequent daytime accibents. Besides I got on in regulation & two-putted for par from 27 feet on the next hole.
    After all nothing should keep the 2013 Special Olympics Kentucky state golf champion from enjoying a round of golf!
    Nice

Whilst I certainly suck at golf (too less practice) I can indeed enjoy it when I get the chance.

Anyhow:
    Infrequent Daytime Accidents.
    Now I've been dealing with IC my entire life... and there's not a lot at the moment that can be done (although I've tried most).
    However if your daytime accidents are indeed "infrequent" I'd strongly advice you to go and get an appointment with a good urologist.
    Don't go to your family doctor (or any other General Practitioner) - they have almost never the slightest clue when it comes to incontinence.
    It's a very specific medical field (urology).
    But get it checked.
    Why? well, you have to know that in MANY cases a lot can be done to SOLVE the problem for good.
    Now why take chances... I mean diapers certainly are nice - but trust me I would give a LOT to have a real choice whether I'd wear diapers/pads or NOT.
    (in which case I most certainly would rather not wear 24/7).

Sometimes I have to concentrate so hard on getting the ball past the windmill that I lose control

Not play golf but had a few as a caddie when I was between 11 and 15. One restroom on the whole course besides the clubhouse. Not good for some who could not hold it for to long.

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticMrFox View Post
    Sorry to here about your accident mate.

But what you need, are one of these.

The UroClub.
    Qualification, I don't play golf.
    What about competitive golfers, is there not a restriction on the number of clubs they carry on the course. How would you feel about loosing a match, because of a UroClub over the set limit?