Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it flaunting to be 'meh' on concealment?

Default Is it flaunting to be 'meh' on concealment?

I'm approaching it from the angle that the crinkle and waddle are louder to our own ears and eyes and short of wearing Lycra as outerwear or going shirtless (which would be very obvious flaunting), that as I've heard since joining, as long as one dresses with keeping a diaper reasonably hidden in mind, that nobody else really knows or cares and will make a default assumption that a visible diaper is a medical use.

Then you have an element of people who get a vein bulging out of their forehead when someone mentions a sighting of diaper tail poking out from under a shirt.

To be straightforward, I've had a time or 2 when I didn't wear the best choice of covering and people were more apt to take notice of a feature of my ankle that's visible when I go sockless, so could it be we're over-hypervigilant sometimes or could it mean getting too comfortable is a big setup for disaster?

I don't think so. I don't jump through any hoops to conceal I'm wearing if I know I'm not likely to run into anyone who'd want to squeeze my butt. I wear the same outfits I would if I were wearing ordinary boxers shorts, which is typically jeans and a T-shirt. Yes, my diaper will probably show if I reach for something or bend over, but so what? I'm not getting my jollies off over exposing my choice of underwear, it's just what happens. If that makes me a ka-razy exhibitionist in the eyes of some ABDLs so be it.

EDIT: I should probably mention my go to diaper is the Tena Maxi, so no garish designs.
    Last edited by MarcusBear; 16-Sep-2013 at 22:38.

Eh it would depend, but likely not going to set-up for disaster until it gets over the top obvious. It still surprises me how much people can miss, and how often they miss it. Plus, I'd assume most people are looking at random people's crotch area (maybe butts though but still), and lastly it probably would be more a snicker or whispers then anyone saying anything to you probably. Basing it on most people wouldn't want to be dicks to the person (whispers/snickers would still be being a dick, just it's away from the person, so to speak).

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    I'm approaching it from the angle that the crinkle and waddle are louder to our own ears and eyes and short of wearing Lycra as outerwear or going shirtless (which would be very obvious flaunting), that as I've heard since joining, as long as one dresses with keeping a diaper reasonably hidden in mind, that nobody else really knows or cares and will make a default assumption that a visible diaper is a medical use.

Then you have an element of people who get a vein bulging out of their forehead when someone mentions a sighting of diaper tail poking out from under a shirt.

To be straightforward, I've had a time or 2 when I didn't wear the best choice of covering and people were more apt to take notice of a feature of my ankle that's visible when I go sockless, so could it be we're over-hypervigilant sometimes or could it mean getting too comfortable is a big setup for disaster?
    Yes, absolutely it could be, because it is. There are some really nervous and/or really conservative types on here that get their diapees in a wad when others are a bit more comfortable in public.

Mind that the above is my editorializing a bit, but the gist of it is that no, you're not setting yourself up for disaster and some people are hypervigilant.

I have more of a rare viewpoint on this as I was a DL and now have health issues including bed wetting. There have been times for me in the past decade that I couldn't walk, had to use a wheelchair, used a walker for almost 3 years, etc. I still have to have them with me whenever I'm going to be "out" for an extended period of time as I will wet eventually when I am asleep. Typically a time like this would be going on the road for a few hours. If I feel well I may even drive, but I generally do not get a warning when I am going to wind up floored, and that happens more often than I'd like. I wind up hospitalized and slammed to a bed for lengths of time quite often throughout the year, though I tend to do much better from June through the end of September.
    With that being said, I can back into what this discussion is about, wearing in public. I did it long before I ever had a need to but was careful about it. I rarely did it in the area I am from out of fear of being found out, but like a few others here I never had a fear of anyone even remotely thinking of physically doing something to me about it. I was always heavily into sports, wrestling, football, track were the big ones and I was a die hard power lifter and benched over 400 lbs just prior to having the aforementioned health problems.
    Now there are occasions when I pretty much have to wear in public, especially when I am not feeling very well, but well enough to be out of bed...or the hospitals. I was @ Cabela's in Pennsylvania a couple of years ago with friends on such an occasion. I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, but all I had were the thick Molicare so it may have been noticeable. No one said anything to me. Matter of fact the only time I ever had anyone say anything negative was when I was at my absolute worse, couldn't walk, could barely talk and all of that I had a Dr. who was very condescending towards me. He is quite lucky my brother and a good friend who is a State Trooper were in the room as he only got hit once. If they weren't there I would have done as much as I possibly could have in that condition. Needless to say he wound up in a world of hurt, literally and career wise as I was unwilling to forgive it.
    The people who seem to freak out about others who choose to wear crack me up as well. In my view, so long as you're not imposing on others and especially harming anyone, what goes on in your pants is your business, period. Don't get me wrong, our community has had some TFI's who did stuff they never in a million years should have done who have wound up arrested and in the news, but the majority of us seem to be your average, law abiding people. To be judging someone who may enjoy showing a little in an innocent way to get some sort of rush kind of live in a glass house of sorts. I'm not here to judge anyone, as I come to make connections with people regardless of their situation. Anyway, done ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post

In my opinion people over-exaggerate the bulge and noise. Just don't purposfully wear very, very tight stretchy pants and no shirt over your waist and you'll be fine. I wear any kind of diaper including cloth in public frequently and all I use are my jeans and a t-shirt over it. I'd also say the way you act is more important than the way you look. If you look nervous you're generally hiding something. If you act normal no one cares, you blend in. Same reason I was going 10 over the speed limit on the highway with a cop nearby and wasn't worried; everyone else was so I didn't stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by loadedpamperman View Post
    ... wearing in public. I did it long before I ever had a need to but was careful about it. I rarely did it in the area I am from out of fear of being found out, but like a few others here I never had a fear of anyone even remotely thinking of physically doing something to me about it. I was always heavily into sports, wrestling, football, track were the big ones and I was a die hard power lifter and benched over 400 lbs just prior to having the aforementioned health problems.
    Pretty much me too, minus the health issues you have. I'm a big guy who was a competitive strongman and O-lifter. While my size never guarantees victory, if anyone sees my diaper peek or something, snide comments get a second thought, and usually go unsaid.

Being unconcerned about being seen isn't the same as flaunting. You know when you're flaunting, you get a kick out of seeing people's reaction so you show off a little. Deciding not to go to great lengths to conceal it and showing apathy towards potential reactions isn't remotely the same. I take an "it is what it is" approach. Yes, I am wearing a diaper. If someone is ballsy enough to ask why I tell them it's none of their business. Politely, of course.

No i wouldn't say so at all. flaunting would be defined as making it near impossible for someone to miss. such as wearing saggy pants with a truly undersized shirt(and i mean incapable of covering your midriff). or wearing a skin tight spandex suit with a thick diaper underneath. or walking around everywhere you go just saying aloud, "i think i wet/shit myself" "God my diaper is itching" "Am I leaking?" "Excuse me sir, Can you notice my diaper?". I think that ideally we should all be able to go out in public and not really worry about concealment. Not to the extent of being revealing to everybody, but to where we don't worry if our shirt comes up an our waistbands peak out, or if you are wearing a bulky diaper without wearing baggy pants over it.

There's a world of difference between flaunting your diaper on the one hand and not being overly concerned about concealment on the other. The first has an intention to get others involved whether they like it or not, and the second doesn't.

In general people are very unobservant and it can be surprising how little effort is required to conceal a diaper. Some situations will require you to make more effort, but for day-to-day life simply wearing normal clothes is usually sufficient.

The following video is a good demonstration of how much people actually miss:

I missed the changes on the left but kept stopping it noticing the continuous changes. I wasn't really expecting them to change so much, it was pretty over-the-top.