Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Intoxication question?

Default Water Intoxication question?

Ok this got me thinking. Does anyone ever think of stuff like this? Like if you drunk 1 and a half liters of water in 30 mins could it cause water poisoning. Now I don't mean all at once I mean if you were playing a game and just kept drinking water every 2 or 3 mins. You did this cause you where just chillin off from work and stuff. I was just curoius about what would you do if you all of a sudden felt like puking and your muscles felt strange. Would you call 911 or eat a bunch of sodium and try and get it all out of your system? What if you fainted and then your family called 911, but you died. Then when you died the story was all over the news about how someone died drinking a bunch of water,who was a abdl, trying to prepare for his diaper. Would it give people another reason to hate abdls? Would all the abdls talk bad about you after you died, saying "he has given us a bad image and he was a idiot. Now we need to deal with people thinking we harm our own bodies and do anything over a diaper". Even though it was not on purpose.

I drink water from a washed out 2-liter soda bottle. 1 and a half liters of water spaced out over more then 30-45 mins won't kill you. But if your scared of it, alternate drinks with Gatorade/sports drink or add some salt to your water.

From what I understant Water Intoxication makes "waters down" your eletrolytes in your body making it impossible or hard for your brain to send electric impulses to control your muscles, such as heart, lungs, etc. But, that's laymen terms from this idiot who has almost no clue what he's talking about.

As for if it did happen, the AB/DL community would realize they were just drinkin a lot of water to wet sooner. that's what I would be assuming anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    From what I understant Water Intoxication makes "waters down" your eletrolytes in your body making it impossible or hard for your brain to send electric impulses to control your muscles, such as heart, lungs, etc. But, that's laymen terms from this idiot who has almost no clue what he's talking about.
    Here I can help with that one, "Water Intoxication" can result from over hydration is a fairly dangerous condition. You body's fluid can be divided into two section intercellular fluid (ICF) and extracellular fluid (ECF).
    The ICF is located inside the body's cells and contains many of the "salts" we use to perform many functions necessary for life, the ECF is similar, but the "salts" are in a different concentration, and must remain this way or cells will have difficulty doing certain actions such as contracting, or taking in glucose.

When you take in excess water the "salts" in the cell will exit the cell's ICF and enters the ECF, and will result in an electrolytic imbalance in the cell. If the concentration is disrupted enough the cell will be unable to perform its function such as carrying and electric charge, contracting, or making energy, and will eventually die.

Now the body can compensate to prevent this, but taking too much water in too short a period of time can result in this happening. Remember too much of anything can be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I drink water from a washed out 2-liter soda bottle. 1 and a half liters of water spaced out over more then 30-45 mins won't kill you. But if your scared of it, alternate drinks with Gatorade/sports drink or add some salt to your water.

As for if it did happen, the AB/DL community would realize they were just drinkin a lot of water to wet sooner. that's what I would be assuming anyways.
    Also I forgot to put this in there, but its different for everyone. The amount of water it takes to cause it should vary.

Also sorry for the weird questions.

Of course it would very just as Blood Alcohol Content varies for people as well. Also, its not a weird question and it is something to be concerned over to some extent.

But personally I think I could drink a gallon of water within a 4 hour window and be fine. But I wouldn't attempt it either.

The problem with drinking a gallon of fluid that quickly is you might overwhelm your kidneys. You'd no doubt (Provided you don't have some sort of condition not mentioned here) live if you drank it over a four hour span, but it would by no means be good for your well being. I'll say this much though, I've consumed 2 liters of fluid (Green Tea over Ice) in about 3 hours before and felt no real ill effects. I'm pretty sure there's a bit of a "Buffer" before you start to really cause issues with over-hydration. (This will vary from person to person though)

Summary: Everything in moderation. Even water.

i have drunk 2 litres in 30 mins and i was ok. i admit i did feel a bit bloated but that was it if i remember correctly.

hahaha

T

Smile

I'd never drink anything just to fill my diaper... In fact, I have to be careful of dehydration when I'm wearing because I tend to drink less so I don't have to keep changing every hour.

But there are times when I've been thirsty and I've drunk 3 pints (over 1.5 litres) of water in about 3 minutes.

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but there's some interesting information here: Water Intoxication: How Much Water is Too Much - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Healthy adult kidneys are capable of processing 15 liters of water or almost 4 U.S. gallons, per day, if one drinks the water in small quantities spread throughout the entire day. It is not advisable, however, to drink 15 liters of water daily over a long period.

The United States Department of Agriculture, food and nutrition information center, in general recommends an average daily fluid intake, including liquids from foods and other beverages, of 2.7 liters or 91 ounces for women, and 3.7 liters or 125 ounces for men spread throughout the day.

It is important to realize that the center's recommendation varies more or less with body mass, activity level, heat, humidity, and health status.

In addition, the average healthy person should ingest no more than approximately 240 milliliters, or close to 8 ounces, in roughly an hour giving the body adequate time to absorb use and excrete the water effectively.

People with known health conditions, particularly conditions affecting water balance, should discuss hydration with a doctor specializing in their particular medical concern.

I've found putting away 2-3 cups of whatever (milk, pop, water) just before bed means I'm either getting up or wetting my diaper before morning. (2-3 wettings typical) If I put away 1L of water before bed, well I'd better be wearing a thick diaper. So I get about one decent wetting per cup I drink before bed.

Beyond that, my kidneys don't work fast enough to make a lot of difference. I've put away 2L before bed a few times, and it just carries over till after I've gotten up in the morning, and then tends to come flying out. (your kidneys normally slow their function while you sleep, so you don't have to get up to go overnight, and so when you get up in the morning, any excess in your system will get flushed out pretty fast)