Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: Update on coming out about my AB/ABDL to friends and family

  1. #1

    Default Update on coming out about my AB/ABDL to friends and family

    If you have read my AB/ABDL story, then you know I recently came out and told my wife and family about it. I have also started to tell my friends. To my amazement, they have been understanding and all accept me for who I am. They were going to find out eventually anyway seeing how i have decided to stay diapered 24/7. So far I have had positive feedback from the ones I have told. Each time I tell someone, I have noticed it gets easier and easier each time. I know eventually I will run into someone that does not understand or accept me for me, but that is ok. That just means they are closed minded and just missed out on a good friend. God accepts me for me, my wife and my family accept me as well.Even my church accepts me. As far as I am concerned, that is the only acceptance I need. Everyone else's opinion matters not to me, unless it is supportive. Thank you for all of your comments and feedbacks about my posts, I love this sight and think I have finally found my home with all of you.

  2. #2

    Default

    Good Job! Coming out to your family and friends was very brave of you. I'm very glad everything worked out for you. Everybody i have told so far has been accepting, but I haven't told any of my family and a few of my friends still don't know. Im working on it one person at a time. You are, and may you continue to be an inspiration to all of us.
    Last edited by askmelater47; 13-Sep-2013 at 08:40. Reason: grammar

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by babymike1985 View Post
    Even my church accepts me.
    Why would you tell a whole congregation about a fetish, what was there to gain from it?

    I've gone to church most of my life and have helped out when most members have left. I can safely say, at least some people there are complete hypocrites and act "holier then thou". I assume there are members in every kind of church and religion like this.

    Hell even I've been guilty of it at some point. Like when someone is giving their Testimony and they go over "I was a addict, I'll always be a addict, etc" there's almost zero way to not be judgmental. "He's done heroin, I never did. I'm better then him."

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    ..."I was a addict, I'll always be a addict, etc" there's almost zero way to not be judgmental. "He's done heroin, I never did. I'm better then him."
    I know Off Topic, but well...
    Why is there almost "zero way to not be judgemental"...? Why do you think you're better then anyone who's done serious drugs?
    Honestly I have never touched drugs... but like most people I've done enough stupid stuff in my life to not be better than anyone who was unfortunate enough to get sucked into drug stuff...
    Doesn't make them worse or better...
    And I have to say, anyone who beats his addiction, kudos.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by babymike1985 View Post
    If you have read my AB/ABDL story, then you know I recently came out and told my wife and family about it. I have also started to tell my friends. To my amazement, they have been understanding and all accept me for who I am. They were going to find out eventually anyway seeing how i have decided to stay diapered 24/7. So far I have had positive feedback from the ones I have told. Each time I tell someone, I have noticed it gets easier and easier each time. I know eventually I will run into someone that does not understand or accept me for me, but that is ok. That just means they are closed minded and just missed out on a good friend. God accepts me for me, my wife and my family accept me as well.Even my church accepts me. As far as I am concerned, that is the only acceptance I need. Everyone else's opinion matters not to me, unless it is supportive. Thank you for all of your comments and feedbacks about my posts, I love this sight and think I have finally found my home with all of you.
    I respect your decision of course, so you won't find harsh critique here... but I have to wonder about one thing: you say that anyone would have found out about it eventually anyhow...
    That makes me wonder, as I've dealt with incontinence my entire life (I'm 34 at the moment) and wear either pads or diapers 24/7 - and so far only a handful people know about it.
    honestly, besides closes family who knew my issue from day 1 - EVERYONE else who knows, does know because I TOLD them ... found out by accident? no one (at least not since school was over...)

    So I mean, well if opening up and sharing that part of your life is something you WANTED to do for whatever reason, fine - but just because you're diapered 24/7 doesn't call for outings by necessity.


    Also I wonder about the part with church / congregation... why?
    Ok, I am probably as far an "atheist" as it gets as I never had any religious affiliations at all... so I certainly don't have any real clue about what church going means to some... but still, somehow I assume, that if I'd be a believer and would frequently attend church services, I'd still see no reason as to why I would tell anyone there about my incontinence and god forbid (pun intended) about my DL, BDSM, etc stuff...

    Just being curious....

  5. #5

    Default

    the only reason i told my church was because one day the pastor was preaching about not judging those who are different and welcoming everyone to church. which gave me an idea, I had seen other AB/ABDL that wanted to go to church, but were afraid that God wouldn't accept them, or the church wouldn't accept them and judge them. and it gave me an idea, I wanted to and am now in the middle of starting my own ministry with the church called A.B.C "Adult Babies for Christ" but the only way I could do this, was to tell the church and explain everything.

    ps. I hope I didn't offend anyone, if I did i'm really sorry, that was not my intention, and hope you can forgive me

  6. #6

    Default

    Religion has come a long way since the dark ages. I am actually VERY surprised that your pastor took it so well, and furthermore letting you start a ministry orientated around AB/DL.

    Wow.
    Last edited by Speck; 13-Sep-2013 at 14:54.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Why would you tell a whole congregation about a fetish, what was there to gain from it?
    Why is it that whenever somebody says they told somebody about their Ab/Dl'sm that normally wouldn't get told, a bunch of the members on here ask "Why would you tell * about a fetish?" We all know that some members on here are AB's with no or mostly no inclination towards its sexual context. I'm not saying that it is the case for me, or for babymike, but it seems like this assumption appears a lot. Babymike could be looking at it as a therapeutic lifestyle/hobby, in which case it doesn't seem odd to tell his congregation about it, would we think it was odd to tell a congregation about an addiction towards drawing, walking, or listening to Enya, and so forth?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by FantasticMrFox View Post
    Religion has come a long way since the dark ages. I am actually VERY surprised that your pastor took it so well, and furthermore letting you start a ministry orientated around AB/DL.

    Wow.
    i agree .. last i check most churches didnt accept people that are "different" but i am very happy for you im glad your church has accepted you.. im still unsure bout my religion..
    but i think ill be okay.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    I know Off Topic, but well...
    Why is there almost "zero way to not be judgemental"...? Why do you think you're better then anyone who's done serious drugs?
    Honestly I have never touched drugs... but like most people I've done enough stupid stuff in my life to not be better than anyone who was unfortunate enough to get sucked into drug stuff...
    Doesn't make them worse or better...
    And I have to say, anyone who beats his addiction, kudos.
    You do know I was talking about the distant past and giving a example right?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by babymike1985 View Post
    the only reason i told my church was because one day the pastor was preaching about not judging those who are different and welcoming everyone to church. which gave me an idea, I had seen other AB/ABDL that wanted to go to church, but were afraid that God wouldn't accept them, or the church wouldn't accept them and judge them. and it gave me an idea, I wanted to and am now in the middle of starting my own ministry with the church called A.B.C "Adult Babies for Christ" but the only way I could do this, was to tell the church and explain everything.

    ps. I hope I didn't offend anyone, if I did i'm really sorry, that was not my intention, and hope you can forgive me
    I find it odd that you've found enough Adult Babies/Diaper Lovers that would opening come to such classes. Never heard of someone tell a congregation until now and now you're adding in that multiple others have done so at the same church. I'm not even sure how you would find lessons to teach about it, there's not much in the bible that relates to AB/DL.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Why is it that whenever somebody says they told somebody about their Ab/Dl'sm that normally wouldn't get told, a bunch of the members on here ask "Why would you tell * about a fetish?" We all know that some members on here are AB's with no or mostly no inclination towards its sexual context. I'm not saying that it is the case for me, or for babymike, but it seems like this assumption appears a lot. Babymike could be looking at it as a therapeutic lifestyle/hobby, in which case it doesn't seem odd to tell his congregation about it, would we think it was odd to tell a congregation about an addiction towards drawing, walking, or listening to Enya, and so forth?
    Because telling your whole church is something I've personally never seen before and I was curious as to why. If I told mine, i'm reasonably sure they would ban me from entering the children's center, even if the lead staff known me since I was 3.

  10. #10

    Default

    no one has joined yet the ministry hasn't taken off yet, my purpose is to show other AB/ABDL that want a relationship with God and also want to be honest about who they are that we have a place where we don't have to hide anything.

Similar Threads

  1. non abdl girlfriend needing help coming to terms with abdl boyfriend
    By needingguidance in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 25-Mar-2013, 06:49
  2. Should you tell Friends or family???
    By Irisheyes in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26-Sep-2011, 16:54
  3. Coming out to family and friends
    By JDCH in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-Oct-2010, 19:49
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-Aug-2010, 06:58
  5. diapers around friends/family
    By englandfan13 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-Jan-2009, 03:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.