Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for the monetary donations to ADISC!

Thumbs up Thank you for the monetary donations to ADISC!

To whom,

Thank you for the monetary donations to ADISC!

Something I've been meaning to acknowledge for quit some time now...I'm reminded, by seeing this month's "Donation Goal: Goal amount for this month: 124 USD, Received: 129 USD (104%)".

As someone myself who has little means, and no known practical method to make donations...

I wish to thank all of the donators, past, present, and future...single and regular contributions alike!

Many thanks!
    -Marka

I'll second your comments - it's great to see that people care enough about this place to such an extent that they're willing to donate actual cash to keep it going. This is one of the few sites of its kind that isn't plastered in adverts, and long may it stay that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    As someone myself who has little means, and no known practical method to make donations...
    You might not have the means or method to be able to donate cash, but you've certainly contributed a lot to the site. Giving the site some money may keep the servers running, but it's people contributing content that makes the site worth visiting.

And not to mention that this may well be one of the few sites in the AB/DL community that aren't full of pedophiles. Hopefully.

Way to go, Moo and staff, the donations alone prove that Adisc is a reliable and viable platform for the AB/DL community. You done good, bro.

I can understand that its hard to donate when short of cash as I don't exactly have much myself but I'm guessing Moo would much rather get 25 x $5 than 2 x $50.

As for method, I'm sure Moo has better things to do than exposing my secret identity by publishing my PayPal account name. Love you Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    You might not have the means or method to be able to donate cash, but you've certainly contributed a lot to the site. Giving the site some money may keep the servers running, but it's people contributing content that makes the site worth visiting.
    I couldn't have said this better myself if I'd spend all day writing it.

Cherub

To whom,

Thank you for the monetary donations to ADISC!

Something I've been meaning to acknowledge for quit some time now..
    Many thanks!
    -Marka
    Indeed! Probably one of the least thought of topics, yet is one of the more important ones. I too tip my hat to the donors of this site! Well done all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    "..."..."

Thank you! too!
    -Marka

Last month (if anyone noticed) we lacked funds compared to the 124 USD goal. So to see someone had donated beyond those means this month made me really really hopeful and thankful. This is one site that I do not want to perish, and for anyone that brings something to this site (be it money, advice, or a welcoming hand) I am very grateful for your existence and kindness.

I love ADISC, and I love you all. Even if your a troll, because maybe your still a curious-troll.

Cherub

Just a thought, perhaps a bit more emphasis could be placed on donors. My line of thinking is: if there is a status level for contributions, why don't we create a contribution level status for donors? Perhaps it could be a simple as changing the word 'donor' different colors. Sorta like how it is done with contributors. Perhaps set the levels at a dollar amount or number of donation?

I know that keeping ADSIC is a good incentive to donate, but perhaps different colored donor tags might add an extra incentive? Just an idea.

pepsicolaisgreat

I wish I could afford to donate some money.

Thanks to all those who can and did donate to keep adisc running.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub View Post
    Just a thought, perhaps a bit more emphasis could be placed on donors. My line of thinking is: if there is a status level for contributions, why don't we create a contribution level status for donors? Perhaps it could be a simple as changing the word 'donor' different colors. Sorta like how it is done with contributors. Perhaps set the levels at a dollar amount or number of donation?

I know that keeping ADSIC is a good incentive to donate, but perhaps different colored donor tags might add an extra incentive? Just an idea.
    Mean, more money you have, the higher level you get? Not fair!