Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learning a little more about my past

Default Learning a little more about my past

...and how I developed into a DL with slight AB tendancies (I'm still not sure how deep my AB side goes).

I don't have a great memory, childhood memories especially are fuzzy to nonexistant, so I never knew what might have happened in my childhood that made me into the person I am today.

Recently, however, I found a calendar in which my mother had written most of my developments/milestones for my second year, and I noticed something interesting. It looks like they started trying to potty train me at about 2 (although they may have started sooner, I don't have a "baby's first year" calendar, as far as I know), right before my younger brother was born, which I imagine is a stressful time in a child's life, and I've heard kids can have a very hard time learning to use the potty when stressed. There were "used the potty" type notes throughout the whole year, so it looks like I took a long time from start to finish before I got the hang of it, and considering what a sensitive kid I was, it probably stressed me out a lot.

Also, I was apparently pretty jealous of my baby brother for a while, and I saw a few notes about me "acting like a baby" or "pretending to be a baby" over the course of the year, I wonder if I though I'd get the same attention if I was a little baby too?

I think I'll ask some more questions about my childhood and potty training next opportunity I get, I'm pretty curious.

Anyone else think jealousy of a younger sibling contributed to your ABDL desires?

In my case, definitely. My parents divorced when I was 2, and my mom remarried when I was 5. Two years later, my sister was born, followed by another 3 years after that. Not only was I deprived of attention as an oldest child, but I wasn't even the full child of that marriage. Although my mom and stepfather loved me very much, as a kid, I felt like an appendix. I can remember shortly after my first sister was born, I started wetting the bed intentionally.
    Last edited by MattiKins; 11-Sep-2013 at 06:49.

I my case I don't think I was jealous. I was five when my one and only sister was born (I have no brothers). Long after my sister was born (she was about 5, I was 10) I started to feel that my parents treated her better than me (looking back - I don't think this was true), but I don't think this had anything to do with my AB/DL.

For me, I was a bed wetter and I think this had an impact on my becoming an AB/DL.

I don't know what if anything this has to do with my attraction to diapers, but I am the oldest, with a brother who is a little more than 1 year younger than I am. I do have some vivid memories of having my diaper changed when I was 2 1/2 or so, and remember getting caught 'pooping' a home-made toilet paper diaper when I was 6 or so. I have read some research that indicates having a younger sibling may contribute to this, but if that is the case why aren't more older siblings into this as well? I do find it interesting as I have never understood what made me attracted to diapers as myself personally, at least on the surface, would seem like one of the least likely people to be into this.

i was the younger sibling, i never had issues with bedwetting, my dad says i had issues with potty training but i dont remember it that way, my memory kicked in very young and i remember nearly everything. I still have no idea what started my interest in diapers, for me it really goes back to as far back as i can remember and i think it may have stemmed from having memories as far back as being in diapers.

I never had any siblings, so I don't have to put that down as the cause of my DL. But I kinda wish I had a brother or sister. I think that the earliest I got into it was when I was 5 or 6, I would wrap a washcloth around myself like a diaper in the bathtub and it always felt good. Then when I was around 13 I had these foam bricks that I would put in my pants when I was alone and get the feel of diapers. I also dreaded going down the diaper isle at the store because I know my face would get red, probably because I knew I wanted to go down the isle. When I was 15 one of my grandparents that got out of the hospital had adult diapers brought home with them. I really wanted to try one on but was always too scared to in fear that someone might find out and I still to this day regret not trying one on. 16-19 is when I really started to experiment when I had the place to myself, I would put towels in plastic bags and wear them. Age 20-23 I would fold my long underwear and put it in my briefs adding a folded shirt if I needed extra padding. It was always an escapism for me, I ALWAYS did it alone, and I always enjoyed it. But I always felt shameful after, until now. Now that I have met so many other great people with this interest, I have come to embrace this part of me. I also got the courage and bought the goodnites which I like to wear now. When I wear two, it feels pretty much like the real thing. One that I can wear discretely in public. I am much happier now. Well that's my DL history.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurface View Post
    ...and how I developed into a DL with slight AB tendancies (I'm still not sure how deep my AB side goes).
    I feel quite like you at the moment, that somehow I want to play little and regress. I like the pacifier i bought some time ago, although for me its difficult to enter little mindset because I have almost no privacy and therefore have to stay alarmed all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurface View Post
    I don't have a great memory, childhood memories especially are fuzzy to nonexistant, so I never knew what might have happened in my childhood that made me into the person I am today.
    [...]
    Also, I was apparently pretty jealous of my baby brother for a while, and I saw a few notes about me "acting like a baby" or "pretending to be a baby" over the course of the year, I wonder if I though I'd get the same attention if I was a little baby too?

Anyone else think jealousy of a younger sibling contributed to your ABDL desires?
    I have some memories of me asking my mom whether I could wear a diaper again after I got potty trained at age 2 or so. Also, I believe to remember that my mom once talked to another mom who was saying that her child also wanted to wear diapers again. Sadly I don't remember who it was ;-)
    I got a little brother at age 3, but I don't know whether the diaper thing started before or after that. What I can say though is that I was kind of hurt by the sudden loss of attention back then. Also, because of bedwetting he got diapered for much longer time than me.
    If it correlates with *B/DL? I think it there's a good chance it does, but certainly there have to be a lot other factors too.

I talked to my mom today and looked through the calendar again, it looks like they started introducing me to the potty when I was 17 months, about 5 months after my bro was born. I asked about my development, and my mom said I was bright but cautious, I took a while to do things like walk and ride a bike, and potty training was prolonged, my brother (a year younger) mastered pooping in the potty before I did (I didn't ask how old I was). So my DL side most likely stems from a combination of jealousy towards my baby brother, and stressful potty training.

@mattikins: I'm sorry you went through that, divorce and stepparents sounds like it would be such a confusing, scary thing for a young child to go through, when your parents are so important to you. My parents divorced when I was 20 and it still wasn't fun, I still miss being a family, even though I know it was for the best, in their case.

@loadedpamperman: I wonder how much it matters to have younger or older siblings, among the AB/DL community? I never participated in any of bittergrey's surveys, but I hope he collected that data, it would be interesting to look at. I've actually noticed signs that my younger brothers might be ABDL, D (the middle child) took an old cloth diaper into the woods when we were kids and tried it on as a joke, but I think he was really into it. And J (the youngest) went through a prolonged period in kindergarden where he would pretend to be a baby, watched movies about babies, clearly wanted to be a baby. So I wonder, if they do both share this interest with me, what could have caused it in all of us, since I don't think D had a prolonged potty training, and J didn't come along until D and I were both out of diapers.

@GriffonGuy: It seems like it's pretty common for young DLs to use makeshift diapers, being female, I used to layer maxipads under layers of underwear, I also had an old stuffed animal or pillow I pulled the stuffing out of, and I would put that in between layers of underwear, too.

@athon: Yeah, I'm hoping to explore my little side a bit as I go, but even just the diaper side of things is pretty new to me, so I think it will be quite a process before I really know what I want, and what my boyfriend is comfortable providing, and what I should take care of in privacy. I imagine there's a good chance that the jealousy you felt, coupled with the attention he received (and diaper changing can certainly seem like a very intimate sort of attention to a jealous sibling) by prolonged diaper use was a part of the fomation of your desires, but it really does seem to be multiple factors for a lot of people, including me, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonGuy View Post
    16-19 is when I really started to experiment when I had the place to myself, I would put towels in plastic bags and wear them. Age 20-23 I would fold my long underwear and put it in my briefs adding a folded shirt if I needed extra padding. It was always an escapism for me, I ALWAYS did it alone, and I always enjoyed it. But I always felt shameful after, until now. Now that I have met so many other great people with this interest, I have come to embrace this part of me. I also got the courage and bought the goodnites which I like to wear now. When I wear two, it feels pretty much like the real thing. One that I can wear discretely in public. I am much happier now. Well that's my DL history.

This is something I nearly had forgotten, the shame aspect after wearing. Though I am well past that now out of necessity I used to feel this way quite often, especially once I discovered adult diapers and began to wear more often. I don't know why I felt that shame, as I was quite happy at the time to be able to wear when I had the opportunity to do so. Today is different as I wound up with medical issues and became a bedwetter, so I don't have much choice in the matter. Weird, I'd be interested in reading if anyone knows why that shame was felt. Quite an interesting point GriffonGuy.

Definitely not for me as I have no other siblings. A younger family member or having diapers in the house does seem to be a fairly common way people become AB/DLs. For me though it was having medical issues and wearing diapers and wetting my pants at an older age.