Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When is an Rx for Diapers Acceptable

Default When is an Rx for Diapers Acceptable

First lets not bring up any other thread on this. I want to talk about my own situation

First fact I need to wear protection 24/7
    Next I'm on a limited income.
    I have been buying my own diapers since I was 19. I should own stock in Depends and Attends by now.
    Now my diaper allowance has been $35 a month, that is about to be blown out of the water with day time wearing.
    I have through all the test that they run on you. Not much they can do for some one who has a kid size bladder.
    Have tried caths. and I have thing about something going into my willy wacker. Things come out of there, things are not to suppose to go up it.

Now this has nothing to do with getting free diapers, it is about me finding a way to stay dry with out going broke.

Would like some honest thoughts on this .
    Thanks
    Kenny

Hi Kenny i know the situation you are comming form i live off of ssi and get little over 700 a month i get my diapers and supplies form a local medical supplier i would love to help you off group as i would need ot know what state you live in and if you are on any form of medicaid though the state medical insurance programs as i am only aware of the us reg i can only help families who are in the U.S.

typicaly how it would work is you get a letter of medical need and go to an medical supplier and say i need incontinence supplies build to mediad and they will then ask you questions and fill out the paperwork

for here is wa state i called my DME and asked for medicad diapers and supplies i get
    240 diapers a month
    90 diaper doublers
    3 washable underpads
    2 packages of wipes
    condoma caths and related supplies

You're a free agent, working for your own interest. Whatever system you work under, its reasonable for you to get what you can under the rules.

If you're getting them via government assistance, I, as a taxpayer, have the right to whine about paying for your diapers.

If you're getting them via private insurance, I have a right to whine about you running up my premiums.

.....and you have the right to flip me off and do what you need to do. It comes down to the rules of the system you operate under, and whether you can convince the person writing the checks that that's what you need. Unless you're actually stealing diapers or holding up medical supply stores at gunpoint, morality doesn't enter into it.

For what its worth, I agree with your thoughts on things going up my Johnson.

What's an Rx? Is that where you get your insurance company to send you them?

I don't know how things work in the US, but if you have the insurance, actually need them and can get them free, then... why not? Where's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    You're a free agent, working for your own interest. Whatever system you work under, its reasonable for you to get what you can under the rules.

If you're getting them via government assistance, I, as a taxpayer, have the right to whine about paying for your diapers.

If you're getting them via private insurance, I have a right to whine about you running up my premiums.

.....and you have the right to flip me off and do what you need to do. It comes down to the rules of the system you operate under, and whether you can convince the person writing the checks that that's what you need. Unless you're actually stealing diapers or holding up medical supply stores at gunpoint, morality doesn't enter into it.

For what its worth, I agree with your thoughts on things going up my Johnson.
    Fact is that I have been paying taxes since I was 14 until I became disabled at 50. So would be getting them off my own dime . I do agree that there are cheats in the system, but some who is disabled should not be lumped in with them.

I would very much like to be working and not stuck on disability.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    Fact is that I have been paying taxes since I was 14 until I became disabled at 50. So would be getting them off my own dime . I do agree that there are cheats in the system, but some who is disabled should not be lumped in with them.

I would very much like to be working and not stuck on disability.
    If you need health services or supplies, then it shouldn't matter whether you have paid any tax at all. Those who can pay tax do so (partly) to support those who cannot. First world countries can easily afford to support the less well-off. That's pretty much the mark of a civilised society, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    If you need health services or supplies, then it shouldn't matter whether you have paid any tax at all. Those who can pay tax do so (partly) to support those who cannot. First world countries can easily afford to support the less well-off. That's pretty much the mark of a civilised society, isn't it?
    That is the way I always looked at it. If am able to work and help some else out who can not is the way it should work.

But we will always have some whining about where the tax money is going. Supplying diapers for some one that needs them should be the least of peoples worries.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen View Post
    That is the way I always looked at it. If am able to work and help some else out who can not is the way it should work.

But we will always have some whining about where the tax money is going. Supplying diapers for some one that needs them should be the least of peoples worries.
    Problem is we have more and more folks freeloading who are able to work.

If your case is indeed the way it is, then you do what you have to do. to hell with what anyone says. The people who wanna complain can just not pay their taxes, you aren't responsible for the punishment they receive, nor are you the one who decided that people must pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by WBxx View Post
    Problem is we have more and more folks freeloading who are able to work.
    Then the system is at fault for approving freeloaders. Honest claimants shouldn't be whined about. It's unfair to lump them all in the same boat (and I'm not saying that you are, but some people do).

If the word "society" means anything, rich, healthy people have a civic duty to pay tax to look after people who are neither rich nor healthy.

It would be nice to live in a world where every little tribe or society helped those in need, but centralised tax and health systems are fairer because everyone is given the right to a basic standard of living, and only those who can afford to pay for it do so.