Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favourite musical groups/musicians

Cool favourite musical groups/musicians

Everyone loves music! (don't yell at me if you don't OK)

but what kinds of music do you like? WHO do you like? Knowing what 1 of your favorite songs is nice and all but what bands do you actively listen to in general? I'm sure you don't just repeat one song over & over for days on end. Or maybe you do! Tell us about it then.

Really interested in seeing what kind of musical tastes you all have. In fact if you have anything else to add about your musical tastes (IE showing us your music collection, experiences with meeting your favourite band, etc...) feel free to do so.

I'll start

-Stompin Tom Connors
    -Gordon Lightfoot
    -Tragically Hip
    -Ian Tamblyn
    -Gorillaz
    -A$AP Rocky(and the rest of the A$AP mob)
    -They Might be Giants
    -Death Grips
    -Cancer Bats
    -April Wine
    -Daft Punk
    -Pretty Lights
    -Ratatat

and that's pretty much what I've been listening to for the past several months. other stuff included but this is the big list.

I am a die hard Stones fan. I have a bent towards blues rock, but I also listen to hard rock & quite a bit if heavy metal. If I had to rank my 10 favorite groups it would look something like this: 1) Rolling Stones 2) Neil Young & Crazy Horse 3) DIO 4) CCR 5) Led Zeppelin 6) Soundgarden 7) Doors 8) Frank Zappa 9) Megadeth 10) Nazareth

Hey dude well mine would have to be (Rammstein) (ZZTOP) (Led Zeppelin) (status quo) (sublime) (johnny cash)
    (jimi hendrix) (ACDC) (system of a down) (cypress hill) (chris rea) (jack white) (seasick steve) (the yhea yhea yheas)
    (empire of the sun) (george watsky) (Radiohead) (placebo) (cky). And that's all i can think of right now Hugs Leo

Valence

My current top 10, in no particular order, are:

Queens of the Stone Age
    The National
    The Lumineers
    Jake Bugg
    Gorillaz (These will ALWAYS have a place.)
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Prodigy
    Flux Pavillion
    Ken Ashcorp
    Coldplay

And honorary mention to The 1975's, of course.
    Last edited by Valence; 12-Sep-2013 at 08:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    My current top 10, in no particular order, are:

Queens of the Stone Age
    The National
    The Lumineers
    Jake Bugg
    Gorillaz (These will ALWAYS have a place.)
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Prodigy
    Flux Pavillion
    Ken Ashcorp
    Coldplay
    rock on bud, love the gorillaz. what's your favourite album/song???

personally I'm in love with their reggae/dub remix album done in collaboration with spacemonkeyz. Laika Come Home. When it comes to a pure gorillaz album though, Plastic Beach takes the cake. That and their one albumless song "doncamatic"

Valence

Quote Originally Posted by DopeDad View Post
    rock on bud, love the gorillaz. what's your favourite album/song???

personally I'm in love with their reggae/dub remix album done in collaboration with spacemonkeyz. Laika Come Home. When it comes to a pure gorillaz album though, Plastic Beach takes the cake. That and their one albumless song "doncamatic"

My favourite Gorillaz album would have to be Demon Days. None of the other albums come close, in my opinion - that was their "Dark Side Of The Moon". No doubt.
    Favourite song, however, is El Manana. Serious goosebumps from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Valence View Post
    My favourite Gorillaz album would have to be Demon Days. None of the other albums come close, in my opinion - that was their "Dark Side Of The Moon". No doubt.
    Favourite song, however, is El Manana. Serious goosebumps from that.
    I'd like to say I like both demon days & plastic beach equally, but I favor PB for its more pop-like vibe to the entire album. Love demon days regardless.

Bonus points to PB for including Little Dragon, another artist I forgot to mention on my list of favorites.

Hey, dopedad,
    I could see from your list that you're Canadian, same as me. We just wound up the Ottawa Folk Festival last night with Gordon Lightfoot. He's still got it. Gotta disagree with you on Stompin' Tom, however, it's just not my kind of music.

Well then, what is my kind of music, you ask? Pretty much everything from rock to opera to jazz, including but not limited to:

The aforementioned Jake Bugg
    Matt Dusk
    Celtic Thunder
    Justin Rutledge
    Linda Eder
    Dar Williams
    City and Colour
    Paul Simon
    Florence and the Machine