Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Came out the the Closet to my wife...next step?

Pulluplover

Default Came out the the Closet to my wife...next step?

I just did a week ago about wearing diapers. I had been wanting to for awhile. Over the years she has seen a few diapers around and occasionally one I was wearing slip over the top of my pants. So she really noticed one day and I decided to just let loose with the issue.(she was worried I was hiding a medical issue) As is so typical with her she is very accepting, but I am sure she does not understand it. I have never tried sex with a partner starting with diaper foreplay, and would like to propose trying going to bed together like that...but am nervous. If she or we did not like it that would be just fine, but I would like to try it. Just trying to figure out how to approach this....

Might also be important to note that I am also a sissy, and enjoy some dominance. Also as a side, I have some adult penguin pajamas and she enjoys sex with me wearing those...so maybe she will be open to more??

Coming out of the closet is a very different thing than this. People are going to think you just told your wife you're gay.

Pulluplover

Sorry, thought it would be obvious on a ABDL site. That kind of coming out she would not be so easy with.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroCat View Post
    Coming out of the closet is a very different thing than this. People are going to think you just told your wife you're gay.
    That's if they don't read the actual topic.

A week has passed and no further conversations about it? I'd try this: "Honey. It's been a week since I told you I like to wear diapers. Do you have any questions?" And go from there. I would say not to put "sex" and "diaper" in the same sentence just yet. Since she likes your penguin suit so much, maybe in future "encounters" she might bring it up. She hasn't left you, so that's a good sign! Seriously. You know your wife better than we do but being married myself, we always talk about things and work our way through it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Just think about this: You've had years to come to terms with, explore, and get to know your diaper and other desires. Conversely, your spouse has just now been invited to the proverbial party. She hasn't had years to figure this out. She's only had a week. She doesn't know what it all means, how you and it interact, what it might mean for your relationship, none of it.

Take it slow for awhile. Let her get used to the idea before you go crazy. Think of it like driving a high-performance car with which you're unfamiliar. If you just plant your foot down as hard as you can, you might lose traction and spin out (or worse). But, if you ease into it, get used to the power delivery and the handling, then you can have an excellent driving experience. Don't try to force it on her. Instead, give her some time, let her approach at her own pace.

And good luck! Hopefully your honesty will be well rewarded.

My wife found out about me five years ago, and it has been a slow process. I'm shy about it and I hate rejection, so I've been going very slowly. Like GoldDragonAurkarm said, this will take time. However, talking about it, little by little, may eventually get you to where you want to be. My wife has been very accepting, but we've been married a long time, and we have each other's back, so to speak. She's diabetic and I am her home dialysis partner, as well as the one who injects her if she goes low blood sugar. I've saved her life hundreds of times.

Only if he doesn't specify about what. Coming out gets used to refer to divulging lots of different things about yourself. Coming out to someone about being a Wiccan is often called coming out of the broom closet, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    That's if they don't read the actual topic.
    I know that, that's why I said it. I checked out the topic because I thought it would be an interesting read and thread where someone is telling their wife that they're actually gay. Only when I read the topic did I realize it wasn't the case at all.

I know that, that's why I said it. I checked out the topic because I thought it would be an interesting read and thread where someone is telling their wife that they're actually gay. Only when I read the topic did I realize it wasn't the case at all.
    Mate, you're on a ABDL&IC support Forum - not a Gay support forum... whilst neither ABDL nor IC excludes anyone from being gay, and I certainly don't mind if anyone is gay or if there are topics about gay outings etc... I think the first assumption if someone posts something about "coming out" to his wife on a AB DL Forum would well be that his outing is about related topics...

To the OP:
    TALK... I think the most important part now is to keep talking.
    Also a good chance to ask your wife if there's any kink she has, which she would like to try together, etc...
    It's just diapers... it's not like you want to decapitate chickens and drink their blood whilst having sex with her
    So don't treat it as something that awkward or nasty...

Ask her if she'd be OK with it... if not... forget it (don't push).
    If she's OK with it: give it a try and see how BOTH of you LIKE IT OR NOT...
    if you guys like it - keep going, if not... so what

With me it's been a bit different for example..
    In my relationship (so far +12 years ) she knew VERY early on that I HAVE TO wear diapers (I'm IC)... so that wasn't that big of a thing to her.
    Also we both are quite kinky in general... our sex life is anything but boring
    That also comes that we both are really open minded for most things.
    But we also respect ultimate limits of each other and respect the stuff the other one doesn't want to do / doesn't like to.
    However after a while I told her that I also liked diapers... she was really cool with it...
    And then we tried one of my fantasies (including it in the sex life) - but guess what? *I* (yes myself) DID NOT LIKE IT... it was one clear case of fantasy vs. reality that didn't work out well.
    She was quite Ok with it (diaper play) ... not entirely her thing, but still on the map of being ok... but for me it was just awkward and didn't stir any arousal, etc... quite to the contrary.
    So the idea went over board quite quickly
    I'm NOT saying it will be the same for you (quite likely due to my IC association with diapers, I've got a VERY different point of view)...
    Just saying to keep an open mind.