Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How come incontinent people don't like wearing diapers?

Default How come incontinent people don't like wearing diapers?

The majority with it don't like them but I don't understand why wouldn't they like them. They keep them protected. I liked wearing pads when I got my period because they kept me protected from the mess. Then I liked wearing tampons for the same reason but I still used a pad because they would leak and I would bleed through it eventually and the string would get soaked with blood and go on my panties so a pad was there to protect it. I see diapers as the same too.

Could it be because of the brand they have on so they hate it because they leak too much, is it because of the smell, the mess they have to clean up?

I hated getting my period before it was treated with birth control but I liked the pads I wore. I can understand hating being incontinent just like how I hated having my period and don't forget the cramping and the hot flashes and the stomach aches from it. With incontinence it's the smell and the leaks and not being able to wear certain clothes but why not like diapers? Or maybe my thinking is just different so to me hating diapers when you need to wear them is alien to me because that would be like me hating to wear pads or tampons on my period and I have been told I think different than others.

Now after being off birth control, I hate it when my periods starts but then after two days I don't mind it anymore because the pain is gone. I use pills for the cramping to feel normal again but yet I still don't hate pads or tampons and I don't wear them anyway because I don't need to.

Sometimes I wonder if any incontinent people pretend to not like diapers because liking them seems taboo and it's as if they are supposed to be unhappy having to wear them and be miserable and uncomfortable in them. Also in the IC community, I have noticed if you like your diapers or accept it, you must be a AB. To me this makes no sense. Thus the reason why they come to our community. That is like accusing a woman of being a pad lover because she likes wearing her pads for her periods. Then I would think is a woman supposed to not want to wear pads and rather bleed through her clothes or be unhappy wearing them during her period.

My guess is, it's the need and that it's an inconvenience.

Wearing somethings that's generally thought to be used only by babies and the elderly isn't very hip.

For some I would say that is the felling of having urine or waist next to your body. I myself had not had a problem with controlling mine with diapers.

For me it was ether a wet bed or pants or a wet diaper.

Ever go 24/7 for longer than a few days?

It's a huge inconvenience, plus the connotations of wearing diapers... it's shameful.

One aspect is the shame of "being dirty".

As toddlers, we had it conditioned into us, that pee-pee and poo-poo in our diapers and in our undies was evil and very bad.

Plus the mantra, that only babies wear diapers.

Like the others are saying, it's the stigma, inconvience, cost, feeling of dirtiness, and shame. If people thought wearing diapers as an adult is normal, acceptable behavior, then us ab/ dl's wouldn't be perceived as so odd. But that's the thing, mostly only babies and the elderly wear diapers. Most adults don't want to feel like a baby (they don't know what they're missing, but anyway) or like a senior citizen. If you select an adult baby or diaper lover and say ''Hey, wanna try this diaper?" you're likely to hear ''Yeah!" Take any other person and ask the same question and you'll probably hear ''Hell no!"

In summary, ab/dl's just have feelings towards diapers that others don't.

Well, all I know is that my AB history helped me to accept my IC a whole heck of a lot easier. To me, diapers make much more sense than risking wetting myself or constantly worrying or (God forbid) using a catheter.

We might consider weighing the query as in or out of ABDL etc. Or as Hygiene alone? Yeah- that may be a more detached context.So taking this as Hygiene alone??

I'd say it's not so much that the query appears to be forcing an unqualified "Like" or "Dislike" Binary- It's that a Binary is often meaningless out of context. IF one needs something to be clean&comfortable it's needed- full stop. From that factual situation of use something or be messy and damaging of clothes/surfaces etc with attendant embarrassment- we have to pause and take note of reality being as is. WE have Zero Choices beyond using protection... or the consequences.

There's a huge reality based IMPACT on our lives when we have a hygiene NEED for whatever it is- Adult/Child Diapers- Menstrual Cups- Pads- Tampons-Catheters or "any" adaptive device used for staying clean,comfortable not messy

The people who have a purely psychological need are equally deserving of respect with no "but" about the respect.

Which leaves open for discussion a few aspects often left unsaid or missed. COMFORT is often defined as a feeling of peace/security with no avoidable worries. As a person with exasperatingly RANDOM flares of continence affecting issues, I have the deepest empathy for all these issues. There's a COMFORT in knowing that being protected 24/7 keeps me worry reduced:}

It's why growing numbers of women are now wearing menstrual cups in advance of their periods. Or wearing the amazingly effective WASHABLE "protective" underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    The majority with it don't like them but I don't understand why wouldn't they like them. They keep them protected. I liked wearing pads when I got my period because they kept me protected from the mess. Then I liked wearing tampons for the same reason but I still used a pad because they would leak and I would bleed through it eventually and the string would get soaked with blood and go on my panties so a pad was there to protect it. I see diapers as the same too.

Could it be because of the brand they have on so they hate it because they leak too much, is it because of the smell, the mess they have to clean up?

I hated getting my period before it was treated with birth control but I liked the pads I wore. I can understand hating being incontinent just like how I hated having my period and don't forget the cramping and the hot flashes and the stomach aches from it. With incontinence it's the smell and the leaks and not being able to wear certain clothes but why not like diapers? Or maybe my thinking is just different so to me hating diapers when you need to wear them is alien to me because that would be like me hating to wear pads or tampons on my period and I have been told I think different than others.

Now after being off birth control, I hate it when my periods starts but then after two days I don't mind it anymore because the pain is gone. I use pills for the cramping to feel normal again but yet I still don't hate pads or tampons and I don't wear them anyway because I don't need to.

Sometimes I wonder if any incontinent people pretend to not like diapers because liking them seems taboo and it's as if they are supposed to be unhappy having to wear them and be miserable and uncomfortable in them. Also in the IC community, I have noticed if you like your diapers or accept it, you must be a AB. To me this makes no sense. Thus the reason why they come to our community. That is like accusing a woman of being a pad lover because she likes wearing her pads for her periods. Then I would think is a woman supposed to not want to wear pads and rather bleed through her clothes or be unhappy wearing them during her period.
    Well, I'm Incontinent and I happen to LIKE diapers... However that has not always been the case and sometimes I still HATE having to wear diapers.

Let me elaborate a bit:
    When I grew up I basically felt miserable most of the time because of being incontinent - because of wetting the bed, because the countless visits to urologist, psychologist, neurologists, etc... basically I felt like a god damn lab rat and not a very useful one at it... cause my Incontinence kept providing grieve and problems for my parents - they were worried and so, naturally was I.
    The diapers & pads, especially back then were also a far cry from the good products we have these days... so it was also VERY obvious to the other kids in kindergarten, at school, etc...
    I basically picked up martial arts and got VERY fit because of the issues (well that has been the most rewarding side effect) - because I had enough of other kids bullying me, treating me like a retard, etc... only because I wore diapers.
    Socially, there's a huge stigma with wearing diapers - especially if you're anywhere between 6 and 50... it's not something you're "supposed" to do. Society deems it "unworthy" "bad",...

Added to this came years of urologists trying a thousand different things, but never just leaving it at the diapers and pads (that actually at least worked well).

Then came puberty and I, guess for varying reasons, found something else... well I started to like diapers sexually... which at first really weirded me out, I felt more like a freak than before, and it did nothing good.
    I was VERY conflicted... for one there was this urge/sexual-attraction, then there was the "comfort" aspect (one that still strongly persists, the sexual interest in diapers has declined a good bit over the last few years)....
    Comfort of knowing I don't wet my trousers, I don't wake up in a nasty wet bed, etc.. comfort of being able to go about daily stuff, at least without most poeple knowing, etc.. .the security, the ease of mind...

So I came from first really HATING to wear diapers/pads to be very much at ease with it, actually like it in some ways.

HOWEVER there's a couple of aspects I really DO NOT like, and I guess most ICs share at least this:
    I HATE the feeling of sitting in my own urine. I hate feeling "unclean" at times (I change frequently, but it's not always possible). I sometimes hate having to carefully weigh what I wear, check how far saturated the diaper is, carry spares, etc.
    I hate having to either carry loads of supplies along any trip or have to do with either makeshift cloth stuff or see what can be bought locally...
    I hate HAVING TO WEAR... not really having an option, THAT SUCKS big time.
    I generally HATE being incontinent - don't get me wrong, I've learned to cope with it to a point where there's hardly anything I can't really do... but still I much would prefer to NOT be incontinent.
    I hate that even thin diapers and pads are "noticeable" to myself (I can feel them) - they're a constant reminder of what is "wrong with my body".
    I hate waking up and the room smells like pee (I watch what I drink,... mostly tea & water... but still there are those days).
    I hate peeing on my girlfriend during intimate moments (she's entirely ok with it,,... but still).
    I hate feeling sweaty once summer starts ( and I love summer)
    I hate not really being able to enjoy summer topless, if I don't really want the risk of the pad, diapers etc. showing.
    I hate...
    I hate THAT PEOPLE ASSOCIATE diapers with mostly babies ... something I don't want to feel (I'm no AB and have no desires to be one.)
    I hate...
    the list is long.

And diapers just sum it up basically remind most incontinent people of having run out of other options.
    So it's a bit of a defeat.