Thread: just checking in

Default just checking in

I am looking forward to reading every ones posts and getting to know the community. I go back and forth with this and I know this will not go away. I love diapers and I think I always have. I had a few diapering experiences under ten years old or so and it apparently engrained it in my soul. Like most of you this is super secret and I intend to keep it that way. I was married but have been mostly single for a while. I am hoping to learn about new web sights and places I don't know about. So I pretty much just got back from searching my city for diapers. Rite Aide, Wallgreens, Safeway, and finally I went to Wallmart and bought a pack of medium Depends. I bought a 8 pack of paper towels to set on top of them in the cart. I have done this a few times before. It is pretty slick. It is a lot better than standing in line at the pharmacy. I have tried [ with sample packs] different diapers like ABU and Bambino. I like Depends because they have 6 tabs, all white, crinkle ok and if you look hard enough you can buy them at stores. All the stores anymore only sell pull ups or cloth backed diapers. I need to find the perfect diaper for me and buy a lot of them and order them online. I live in an apartment and have to do it by UPS so I can pick them up there. Any ideas? All white, super crinkle. Attends? I want to order this weekend before I lose my nerve. I am going to spend the whole weekend like this. I hope. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1975 View Post
    I am looking forward to reading every ones posts and getting to know the community. I go back and forth with this and I know this will not go away. I love diapers and I think I always have. I had a few diapering experiences under ten years old or so and it apparently engrained it in my soul. Like most of you this is super secret and I intend to keep it that way. I was married but have been mostly single for a while. I am hoping to learn about new web sights and places I don't know about. So I pretty much just got back from searching my city for diapers. Rite Aide, Wallgreens, Safeway, and finally I went to Wallmart and bought a pack of medium Depends. I bought a 8 pack of paper towels to set on top of them in the cart. I have done this a few times before. It is pretty slick. It is a lot better than standing in line at the pharmacy. I have tried [ with sample packs] different diapers like ABU and Bambino. I like Depends because they have 6 tabs, all white, crinkle ok and if you look hard enough you can buy them at stores. All the stores anymore only sell pull ups or cloth backed diapers. I need to find the perfect diaper for me and buy a lot of them and order them online. I live in an apartment and have to do it by UPS so I can pick them up there. Any ideas? All white, super crinkle. Attends? I want to order this weekend before I lose my nerve. I am going to spend the whole weekend like this. I hope. Thanks.
    Welcome to adisc Mark1975! You wrote a wonderful introduction. For diaper reviews, we have a special section for them: Diaper Reviews I personally had a Depends leak on me, so I'm not a big fan. I tried several sample packs from Bambino ($$) before I settled on Tena Slip Maxis. Diapers are a personal choice so experiment!

For picking up diapers from UPS, you can create an account and have them redirected to the warehouse for personal pickup. I did it and it worked well. Just don't do it around Christmas, or you will have a wait

Your profile says you like politics. That's a hot topic around here. You'll find many others that think like you do - and don't. What are some of your other non dl hobbies?

Thanks for the kind words. This is all new to me. Blogging and such. I hope it will be fun. My normal self likes to fish, go to the mountains, go to all the great museums here and spend time with my family. I work a lot and love my job. Sometimes my job takes up most of my life. But I need that. I am addicted to politics and the media response. It is amaizing what people belive by reading headlines on web sights or watching fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1975 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. This is all new to me. Blogging and such. I hope it will be fun. My normal self likes to fish, go to the mountains, go to all the great museums here and spend time with my family. I work a lot and love my job. Sometimes my job takes up most of my life. But I need that. I am addicted to politics and the media response. It is amaizing what people belive by reading headlines on web sights or watching fake news.
    I have a background in television production, so I find it really fascinating to compare "news" sources to break down the messaging mechanisms. It really is amazing sometimes to flip from MSNBC to Fox during the same major event (e.g. the State of the Union post-speech coverage). It's almost like seeing mirror universes, or Bizarro World as I like to call it.

The trouble is that it's somewhat difficult to filter out propaganda, especially well-crafted propaganda like pretty much every major news outlet in the United States. Unless one takes a fair amount of time to marinate in politics and read several sources from different ends of the spectrum about the same events, one will have no idea what's real and what's not. It's pretty crazy.

Anyways, welcome.