Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Napster rant

Default Napster rant

Let me start off by saying I only use it because my dad pays for it, and its a better alternative than downloading from torrents because the quality of always good, and a lot faster in some cases. But honestly, how ****ing hard is it to make some STABLE software? This piece of **** crashes EVERY time I try to play a song, and the web client is freaking useless. I don't want every feature in the book, I want the artists's name and their music, THATS ALL.

Second, what the hell is with DRM? For god sakes, don't limit to me to PlayForSure players, I want an iPod, but that required 30 hours of work. Removing DRM from my 1300 tracks was a pain in the ass. I had to download about 5 different programs, and wasted 20 hours with a piece of crap program that just ruined the music. Eventually, I found some software that ripped the music, which took an additional 30 hours. Apple and Napster: Stop being dicks, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. I'm not paying $1 per song, and I don't want to be stuck with ONE player. Merge for god sakes, iTunes has a huge library, Napster has every major name, nothing more, and no movies/videos.

I have to blow off steam some times, and I'm sure other people can agree with me. The software I have to use just pisses me off SO badly. And DRM...it ain't stoppin' no one.

Do you have experience with Napster? I'd ask about iTunes, but I know just about everyone here has had some experience with it.

If you're going to buy the tracks, why not buy them on Amazon? You just buy the track as an mp3. No DRM, no bullshit.

useLimeWirelol

In all seriousness though, listen to chevre, I agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    If you're going to buy the tracks, why not buy them on Amazon? You just buy the track as an mp3. No DRM, no bullshit.

I use limewire for all my music needs. They got 192 bitrates on pretty much nearly any song. If not 128 bit is fine as well, but if there's a better quality I'll get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I use limewire for all my music needs. They got 192 bitrates on pretty much nearly any song. If not 128 bit is fine as well, but if there's a better quality I'll get that.
    Plus it's Illegal :'D

EmeraldsAndLime

Napster. Problem found.

I use private torrent sites for my music. Always good quality, I know exactly what I'm getting with no [nasty] surprises and the speeds are usually really good.

Grizzy aren't the MP3's supposed to be DRM free? I thought it was just the WMA's that were tied to Secure WMA players. I completely agree with you though that it would be amazing to be able to use an iPod with Napster it would make the the Napster-to-Go feature kick ass. Now for all of you say why don't you just buy music on iTunes, this is what I say. I pay monthly to have access to a huge library of music that I can stream at will, with a very minor exception. And those that I can't stream the whole song at least I can get a 30 second clip to know if its the right song to buy. iTunes is pretty sweet music, movies, apps, etc but I really like being able to search for a song and play it with out having to decide is it really worth .99 cents.

For those of you who are limewire/torrent server users. You'll feel o.k. about doing that until your to the point in your life when it will become the sole responsibility of you to pay for the lawyer, and pay for the settlement if someone ever does decide to take you to court over copyright infringement. (Now that doesn't ALWAYS stop me, but it certainly does make legal alternatives look a lot nicer)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDemon View Post
    For those of you who are limewire/torrent server users. You'll feel o.k. about doing that until your to the point in your life when it will become the sole responsibility of you to pay for the lawyer, and pay for the settlement if someone ever does decide to take you to court over copyright infringement. (Now that doesn't ALWAYS stop me, but it certainly does make legal alternatives look a lot nicer)
    Not that it makes it okay, but RIAA & friends tend to find it much more effective to go after trackers than individual peers. So, using Bittorrent doesn't make you particularly likely to be sued. This is especially true if you use an invite-only private tracker.