Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying the real thing for the first time

Default Buying the real thing for the first time

I discovered this site a few days ago so I'm a bit new and was surprised to discover that there are other people with the same interest in Diapers as me. I have had an interest in them ever since I was 8 or 9 and have always found ways to make my own. I'd put towels or long underwear in my briefs when I was alone to try and get the feel. I would put a folded shirt in the backside for extra padding. Then I would discover I could put a plastic bag over it to make it feel more "real". I would never actually go in them though. I just really liked the feel of it, made me relaxed. As of late I just usually fold a pair of my white boxer briefs into a pad of sorts and put it in two pairs of briefs. That also feels good as well, plus I can get away with it discretely under my jeans or shorts. Wow that feels good to get off my chest! I have never told anyone about this and it feels like a giant boulder has been lifted off me.
    Anyhooo...I'm going to have the house to myself for the next few days and was thinking of getting the real thing. I would prefer a pull-up type, something I can wear to bed but also lounge around and possibly wear publicly. I may use them for no.1 as well. I hear adult pull-ups only cover the crotch area but I would prefer something with padding on both sides. Are Goodnites like that? That's the one I have been leaning towards. I'm about a 32-33in waist so I'm pretty skinny, would a xl one even fit me? Thank you for reading and any advice would be great. Plus I will answer any other questions you have for me. I'm really glad I found this site to talk about these things.

First off welcome! I wear Goodnites and am around the same size and they fit fine! I would prefer a real diaper though maybe try Depends? Awesome feeling finding out you are not alone huh? :P

Goodnites are likely to fit. My waist is a bit bigger and I can still fit into them. The rise will be low, so the important measurement is the max of your hips and waist, although that's more likely to be a problem for women than men. It's certainly worth a try, and I know I find them a lot easier to buy than "real" diapers since there's no way anyone will think they're for me (yeah, I know I should get over that - oh well). Worst case - if they don't fit you're not out that much money.

I will share a few bits of unsolicited advice, however:

1) Stretch out the sides first by putting your arms through the leg holes and slow stretching them. They'll go on easier if you're a bit outside the ideal size range if you pre-stretch them.
    2) Be careful with your thumbs when pulling them up. It's easy to poke a hole in the elastic with your thumbs. If this doesn't make sense now, it probably will after you get one on.
    3) If you plan on wetting them I strongly advise standing in the shower the first couple times in case they leak. They'll hold a surprising amount, especially if you don't flood them all at once. But in any event, leaks are much easier to deal with in a shower or bathtub.

Otherwise, enjoy!

Thanks! I would try depends eventually but Goodnites seem like they would be more discrete. So are they padded on both sides? How do they hold up to a no.1? Yea, it really does feel good. I knew other people probably had the same interest, I just never really thought to reach out to them until now. I feel I can embrace it more now rather than feel embarrassed about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Acorn! Great advice! If anything, instead of just flooding them I may just take half a no.1 and then finish it off in them. That's kinda what I do now in the makeshift ones I make, just to get a little feeling of wetness. Feels good. But I will see how it goes.

Yep they are padded on both sides! For me they unfortunetly leak after a full wetting. That is why I hate to wear them.

I just wanna say I'm really happy I found this site as it did give me the courage to go out and do something that I have wanted to do for many years. Well, I had the whole house to myself tonight. Went down to my local 24 hr superstore with self check out and bought a 12 pack of Goodnites. The GN's are probably the most comfortable undergarment I have ever worn, they are really like underwear when you wear just one. I'm like a 31in waist (twig) so they fit on me really good. Having just one on didn't seem thick enough though compared to makeshift ones I made before, so I doubled up and it felt great. Wish the back rode up just a bit more but after wearing them for a bit they stretch out. One thing that I actually didn't know about real diapers, having never wore one till tonight, is that they swell up bigger after you wet a bit yet they stay dry. Guess it's gotta soak it all up somehow. lol. It felt really great. Plus it held in odor pretty good too. And from what I've read, they are right that you should not flood them. Just a spurt at a time. They seem to hide really nicely under my jeans too. They are actually less noticeable than the ones I crafted with my underwear plus they're not really crinkly and they don't really have a smell to them. But as far as wetting goes, I will prob not wet that often unless I'm alone and feel like it, or I just really have to go. Will definitely sleep in these as well. I have my hiding places and disposal process all set up too. Keep a few in my bottom bedside drawer in a sack covered by old sweaters (nobody ever goes in my top let alone bottom drawer). Disposal bags in a gym bag in my closet which I will transfer to the garbage out back when I'm alone. And the rest of the pack in a paper bag in the trunk of my car. My only regret is that I didn't buy the 27 jumbo pack. Sorry if I seem like I'm ranting, just had an awesome experience.

Congrats on your buy!
    Earlyer this year I also bought my first pack of goodnites and now I'm only waiting for some time home alone to restock again.
    Because you mentioned wearing two at once: If you intend using them, I recommend cutting slits in the inner one to increase capacity. I tried it myself and it works quite well, just be careful to cut in more the middle (not to close to the legs).

Quote Originally Posted by athon View Post
    Congrats on your buy!
    Earlyer this year I also bought my first pack of goodnites and now I'm only waiting for some time home alone to restock again.
    Because you mentioned wearing two at once: If you intend using them, I recommend cutting slits in the inner one to increase capacity. I tried it myself and it works quite well, just be careful to cut in more the middle (not to close to the legs).
    Okay thanks! So just like one slit or a few?

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonGuy View Post
    Okay thanks! So just like one slit or a few?
    It's best to experiment. If you cut several large slits, the gel will leak out very easily. If you just cut one small one, it won't accomplish anything... I actually poking several holes in it is best, but it's kind of a matter of personal preference.

hello my favorite diaper is these things called "Nite pants" really discreet and plain white goodnight style the same kind of thing would be "Night comforts" by CVS, they are a good starting diaper and very comfy and calming don't know your preferred style

-Cheers