Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better planning needed for wearing to work!!!

Default Better planning needed for wearing to work!!!

Well, I decided that after my month long break from nappies, during my family holiday, I was going full time for a couple of weeks, including wearing to work. I figured that 2 spare Tena slips in my rucksack would be enough backup and my nappy usage would be restricted to wetting, for obvious reasons... the toilet is located not too far from my office and if I go at the right time, I can change myself without anyone wondering what I'm up to... I though I had it all worked out and day one, yesterday, went fine...

...today, however I have run into a problem!! Mid morning I was wearing the same nappy from waking up, and had only wet once, lightly and as it was getting near lunchtime and I needed to go again,... straight after I did, my boss phoned and asked if I could attend a meeting over lunch, which of course I agreed to... coffee and water were provided during the meeting and due to the air conditioning making my throat dry I was drinking water sparingly...

The meeting went on and on and I started to need to go again, and instead of using the toilet, which would have meant excusing myself from the meeting, I thought I'm wearing a nappy, use it. Hmmm I think I badly underestimated how much the nappy already had in it... I didn't notice anything until I got up to finally leave the meeting and there were two large wet patches on the chair and on the back of my trousers... I pushed the chair under the table and left, No one noticed and I learnt a huge lesson from that!!!

My new thoughts are, be prepared for the unexpected... I am determined to stay padded at least this week, but am not sure it's worth getting caught over. How do other people cope?
    Last edited by Eenyweeny; 03-Sep-2013 at 15:14.

Ah yes, never go to work in a wet diaper is the lesson there.

I had the same problem when i wore to school once. The worst part is, the counsellor wanted to see me before I left. I thought I was fine until just after getting my stuff to leave she had one more thing to ask me and it was about the spots on the chair. The diaper was completely used up and had leaked a while back so i knew quite well what was wrong. Enjoy your week!

Quote Originally Posted by Eenyweeny
    My new thoughts are, be prepared for the unexpected... I am determined to stay padded at least this week, but am not sure it's worth getting caught over. How do other people cope?
    Since you obviously work in a professional environment, I would err strongly on changing very often ( more $$) or not wearing at all. If you had got caught it would have been very embarrassing I doubt you'd ever wear to work again.

Plus, I think you overestimated the capacity of that diaper. If you work an 8 hour day..that's perhaps 4 diapers you'd realistically need. That's for you to be dry and un-smelly (urine will stink after a certain time, and someone will notice.) So that's more getting up to change yourself.

If you want to get through the day on 2, I'd save that for a home setting.

Geno, I think you're right! Although when I changed myself the nappy was nowhere near full. I think it might have been the sitting up position, compressing the seat of the nappy... On reflection, I'm starting to think that this is more hassle than it's worth, I might save the enjoyment for home, because changing 3 or 4 times a day is going to be tricky and someone is going to start noticing me taking my bag into the toilet all the time!

I wear to work just for the feeling of wearing, but sometimes I will just have to go. When I do I always make sure I am within reach of a quick changing spot. Most of the time I will just pee in the toilet though. One, diapers ain't cheap, and two, as you said, someone would notice me changing all the time. And three... where do you discard the used diapers?

D'oh!!! why didn't I think of that... seriously, I can't believe how stupid I am sometimes, that's such obvious solution!!! Wear but don't use... or use when absolutely necessary...
    I also though about other ideas... I wear terry lined plastic pants to bed, over my Tena slip, to catch any leaks, but they are way to bulky to wear to work... I though about using just plastic pants, but not sure they would really make any difference, apart from making me seriously sweaty...

From some one who is IC, I have had to wear diapers to work. Plastic pants is the best solution. If I was working on a job where I couldn't just run of the the restroom I would have to wear a diaper, or wet my pants.

I had to learn this the hard way too. Leaky diapers are no fun.

I don't really get the plastic pants advice - I can see how they might help some, but ultimately the urine leaks into the plastic pant and puddles there. Because there is no absorbency in the pant itself the urine will leak out the leg holes as soon as you sit down - or at the least leak all over when you pull the pant down and fail to keep the puddle in the pant...

Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    I don't really get the plastic pants advice - I can see how they might help some, but ultimately the urine leaks into the plastic pant and puddles there. Because there is no absorbency in the pant itself the urine will leak out the leg holes as soon as you sit down - or at the least leak all over when you pull the pant down and fail to keep the puddle in the pant...
    For me I ended up using a belted undergarment, with out the belts, as liner inside the diaper a long with the plastic pants. That helped to stop the pooling.