Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming out to mom today as trans

Default Coming out to mom today as trans

Well the day has come it can no longer be avoided I am coming out today to my mom. I have already come out to my Nana who is really supportive. Many real life friends and at work. I dress in public when I can and mom is pushing and has noticed much much more than before. She thinks it is linked to daddy issues and my aspergers though test were done to insure it was not that, as "reliable as those test are". She should be in for a bit of shock when she finds out how far things are a long, hopefully she does not feel betrayed. Anyway today is the day wish me luck.
    Adella

Good luck Adella! Hope everything turns out alright.

Go get 'em, girl! You're making a huge step today, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you. I hope it goes really well! Be sure to let us know!

This is such a courageous step for you. I hope and pray all goes well on this next step of your journey.

Good luck, Adella. I hope everything turns out well. Let us know how you are doing.

Good luck Adella in your venture and wish you well going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Adella View Post
    "..."..." hopefully she does not feel betrayed. Anyway today is the day wish me luck.
    Adella
    Adella,
    As I posted to the private-group...

Quote Originally Posted by Marka
    Best wishes Adella...use caution to not be defensive, but definitely be proactive...don't negotiate, that which is non-negotiable... Offer help with your family coming to terms with this, but be clear to them...that is not the same as maybe changing your mind...respect, and appreciate their fears, but don't cater to their fears... -Marka
    If your mom feels betrayed, that's regrettable...but, that's her issue alone...try not to attack her, but show how going around her was the best option for that time...if she wishes to be in the loop now...she needs to act responsibly, and with consideration of how her words and actions may distance you...

With respect towards everyone involved,
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by Marka View Post
    Adella,
    As I posted to the private-group...

If your mom feels betrayed, that's regrettable...but, that's her issue alone...try not to attack her, but show how going around her was the best option for that time...if she wishes to be in the loop now...she needs to act responsibly, and with consideration of how her words and actions may distance you...

With respect towards everyone involved,
    -Marka
    Thankyou everyone thus far no updates she is working at her school to prepare for tomorrow so, we will see what happens when she gets home.
    For now to ease up a little I have taken nice hot shower followed by a charcoal and spearmint refining and relaxation bath shaving and sprucing, and cold shower rinse to tighten those pores it has helped a bit in keeping my heart from beating out of my chest. As a bonus I am now soft and clean, and shaved enough that if she decides to give me a make up lesson their would not be any stubble to interfere I doubt I will get that but I am at least fully prepared and calmer.
    -
    Thankyou so much everyone
    Adella

Has others have said Good Luck. As you have told your Nana is this her mother?