Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me to change the world.

Default Help me to change the world.

First of all I want to explain that this is not about simply a blank, useless advertisement for myself. Yeah, it's weird to like diapers. But just because a person likes diapers doesn't mean that the person is a freak that has no soul, no heart, no ability to contribute to the world.

People see...

They see diapers. They associate this with a freak, a weirdness, a mental illness perhaps.

They even associate it with people that live off of the government.

Well....

THIS IS WRONG.

When I say I want to change the world, it's because I want to open people's minds. I want them to see that we are all human beings. I want to help people see the world the way I see it.

...Maybe... I am a fool. I am just a silly guy that doesn't make much sense and has high expectations and aspirations... maybe I am completely, utterly, in the wrong here.

...But I don't care.

......I am a dreamer. I guess, what I really am asking for is all the help I can get to represent humanity and understanding....

(...oh... and video games and science fiction and outer space too.)

I'm trying to reach out to the world and I seem to hit a wall every time. I am not going to live forever and I only have so long to make a difference.

I am asking you for help to help the world. I know some people aren't ready to even accept themselves.... and what I am asking seems like it's too much... too scary... and you may even simply feel that I am wrong.

I've been trying to contact numerous public agents including television including TLC. I really, honestly, truly feel that what I am striving for is good, is worth it, is healthy for mankind to open they're eyes.

If you disagree, that's fine, but just leave it at that. It doesn't matter though because I have already hardened my own skin, I can take anything that can be delivered... politely... and react like an intelligent human being..... because that is what I am.

I just want to ask for any support you can offer to further the cause. It's not just about diapers. It's about accepting others for who they are.

In addition, (as I mentioned) to other sources, I also hit TLC on the casting call section. I sent them a direct message as well as a posting on the comments. I just want to ask anyone... and I mean anyone to also voice they're opinion.... which can be here on adisc or directly to them by comment or e-mail.

If at any point I feel a recording concept is detrimental and entering directly into shock factor with no positive value I will attack this and make it stop.

The link to the casting call with the posting is right here:

TLC Casting Call: TV Shows: TLC

In a nutshell I represent:

AB/DL
    Nerds
    Bronies
    BabyFurs
    Science Fiction
    Retro Video Games

Best of luck to you sir. You are braver than I... but I would love to interview you for my blog if and when they decide to do a story on your for TLC. I completely agree that we need more positive images of ABDLs in the media. There was a time when we could all just be happy that we weren't in the media at all... but now that a few bad apples have caused so much harm, we need brave guys like you to step into the limelight and prove that we're as real, likable and human as anyone else. We're their neighbors, but we're also working professionals, and nerds, and spouses. Go get 'em! You're a rockstar.

This cause, it sometimes feels fruitless....
    ...But.....

I won't give up.

....I am strong.

I am.... stronger.

But.... you know what?

I am little.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    When I say I want to change the world, it's because I want to open people's minds. I want them to see that we are all human beings. I want to help people see the world the way I see it.

The link to the casting call with the posting is right here:

TLC Casting Call: TV Shows: TLC
    Would you believe I don't honestly remember if I've ever posted anything about your work towards getting AB/DL understood more.

From what I've seen in your video's and what I've read posted here, I feel that you come across as perfectly reasonable and you have a passion to help spread understanding to the wider public.

I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't put yourself forward for this task if no one else is and I don't understand why some people could be opposed to this idea but I imagine we may find out why in later posts.

The portrayal of other sexual fetishes have been turned into commercial smash hits (50 shades of grey) and there appears to now be a wider acceptance of the BDSM scene because of it.

So why not wave the diaper a little bit to help those who seek acceptance from friends and family by having another source of information about what it means to be AB/DL.

Sadly, now for the bad news

I can't go to the linked page because it automatically redirects me to the UK site.

I would be interested in helping to educate people. This is why I have been trying to put out my own informational resources. I don't trust the mainstream media to portray us in the best light... But ultimately ABDLs sometimes make up tge difference. Look at riley. She got grilled pretty good but came up with good calm resonses.

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    THIS IS WRONG.
    Yeah, it is wrong. The general public doesn't need to know about your sexual fetish. No one needs to know about your sexual fetish unless you're going to have sex with them.

Several TV programs have aired shows about ABDLs. None of them has portrayed ABDLs as normal people. They've all hyped up the more extreme aspects of infantilism to get higher ratings. If you go on TV, you won't be any different. You won't change anyone's attitude or achieve anything positive.

The only thing that will change is that it will become more difficult for other ABDLs to come out to their spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/family. ABDLs won't be able to introduce infantilism to their loved ones in a favorable way because they've already been introduced to it by a freakshow TV program.

Why is there such a desire for this call to arms to get us accepted by the world? What is wrong with keeping your private life private and the status quo? Is there widespread discrimination or oppression against ABDLs? Does this really rise to the level of a civil rights issue, perhaps a march on Washington? Didn't think so - turns out you are perfectly free to do as you please with a diaper in your own home - outside the home, keep it under your clothes. Where is the problem with that? Stay off TV - just makes the rest of us look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Astra View Post
    Yeah, it is wrong. The general public doesn't need to know about your sexual fetish. No one needs to know about your sexual fetish unless you're going to have sex with them.

Several TV programs have aired shows about ABDLs. None of them has portrayed ABDLs as normal people. They've all hyped up the more extreme aspects of infantilism to get higher ratings. If you go on TV, you won't be any different. You won't change anyone's attitude or achieve anything positive.

The only thing that will change is that it will become more difficult for other ABDLs to come out to their spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/family. ABDLs won't be able to introduce infantilism to their loved ones in a favorable way because they've already been introduced to it by a freakshow TV program.

First and foremost: Astra - Lets keep things polite and constructive, shall we please?

Secondly, BabyMitchy: I commend you for what you are trying to do. You are far braver than I, but if that is how you feel/what you want to do - I support you. AB/DL needs to be shown an a better light besides a sexual fetish. Especially, when for many of us, it is not sexual.

Here is what I don't get: I have a developmental disability, and have to wear these, according to a doctor. Please keep in mind, folks, that millions of people have what is called a "hidden disability". It's one that is not obvious to most of the public, but is a disability none the less. Now, go look at some of the cloth diaper manufacturers, and you will see baby prints on many of their garments. This is because they sell most of their products to people with developmental disabilities and their caregivers. And my hunch is, that the patient is more comfortable wearing something with the juvenile prints, as opposed to something that looks "too adult". When you see some of the people who have to wear these, their disability is not going to stand out. It won't be so obvious, because the person doesn't look like he/she is physically disabled.

Now, let's backtrack to the AB or "adult baby". Why can't some of you 'fess up, and admit that maybe there is some form of developmental disability involved here, and one that involves a negative reaction to environmental stimuli? It's a neurological condition, and not much can be done about it except for some form of accommodation to relieve some of the discomfort associated with it. None of this has to do with "freaks", or anything of that nature. I just think that a lot of people have parts of the brain that never fully developed, hence, the "regression" so to speak. Otherwise, everything is perfectly fine. Am I right?

I do have a confession to make. You see, I tend to regress sometimes. This happens when I get the desire to run some farm equipment, be it a disk harrow, planter, hay baler, or combine for that matter. I have sometimes been known to do this freely, with no compensation, I guess because it makes me feel like a young, mentally competent teenager when I'm on that equipment. When instead, I am an older adult with the functional level of a 6 year old in some cases. It just gives me the chance to "play adult" once in a while. But the reality is, I wear diapers due to a doctor's prescription and a developmental disability, and can't get some medical certificates that could help land me a decent paying job. The mature decision for me would be to stay home, continue to collect my Social Security, and just not try to pursue any gainful employment that could mess up my benefits. But, I still often see myself regressing with that piece of machinery. I guess I just don't like to give up on "being an adult". We all have our thing, I'm sure.

I am betting that most of you "AB" folks can do the stuff I can't do, such as get a license to drive a commercial vehicle of passenger bus like I was hoping to do, a medical certificate for a pilot's license, and so forth. All some of you would need, is the chance for a retreat now and then, just go to your den and sometimes, do your stuff like I seem to catch myself doing with the farm equipment. Nothing wrong with that, that I can see, because I think I can relate to some of you. I apologize if I seem so dumb, but please understand that I do have a disability. Just want to clear this in advance so nobody gets upset with me.