Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward feeling when seeing a AB on TV when your with someone?

Default Awkward feeling when seeing a AB on TV when your with someone?

Does anyone else feel awkward when your with someone that knows you are an AB and you see something on TV or in movies involving a AB? Usually, when there is an AB or AB lifestyle portrayed on TV it is always portrayed as "weird" or "sick" or it is being made fun of, and when I see this with my wife who treats my AB side it always gives me a feeling of discomfort and in some sense maybe shame. Even though I shouldn't feel this way, because the world always makes it seem despicable instead of innocent which is what it really is, I do and it always makes me wonder what she's thinking when we see this. Anyone else like this?

Trollbear

Well, it did happen once with my girlfriend and I while we were watching 1000 ways to die. She just hugged me and said "ill never treat you like that baby."

That stupid Tosh.0 show with the AB waking up came on last week while hanging out with a couple friends. It was a bit uncomfortable lol

I always feel like that. it doesn't even have to be actual AB stuff (though that can be awkward) but even baby diaper ads make me feel weird when I'm with my partner.....like, what is she thinking..... I guess it's because at those times I'm not necessarily in a regressive frame of mind and so, rationally speaking, it seems pretty odd to me too... weird huh. I think it just shows how powerful the whole mind transition is during regression, that we overcome those awkward feelings. (and pretty awesome of SOs who accept this, hey)

Yes, i tend to feel weird. I have a husband who is supportive, but well.. i still get a bit blushy and feel embarassed when i see diaper ads or anything ab-dl related on tv.

Most ab-dl referances on tv are rather negative, so.. its rare that i see an ab-dl on tv who is presented in a positive or neutral light.

Yes, the only thing I believe that makes it the most uncomfortable is the fact that it is always portrayed negatively! Glad I'm not the only one!

The thing is: nobody knows. And who knows, when I'm with another people, so he/she have to keep silence. That's a rule betwenn myself and my friends.

I don't know, why always ABs or DLs are always marked or presented as "stupid or ugly people" in mediatic ways, lok for example this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXywgkY2O5U from time 01:10 (it's not my prefered style, but is song dedicated to the fetish world.)

Why this ? We are all old and fat ? But this is the wraped public imagen of ABDL world (remember CSI ?) It gets me sick.
    Last edited by CrazySmoker; 02-Sep-2013 at 10:37.

I think that we have a HUGE opportunity to plant small seeds of acceptance in situations like this. TV creates a one-way direction of dialogue... the viewer is being talked at with no true ability to interact... they can only react. By design, TV depictions of the adult baby lifestyle have become very sensationalist because the producers want to impact the viewer by evoking strong visceral reactions of fear and disgust.

But if you're in the room with a friend or loved one, I've found that you can usually sway them to the middle of the road by just mentioning how fake or outrageous or unfair such media coverage is. We humans are social creatures, and we tend to value the opinions of our close friends and family members much more than the rhetoric that comes spewing out of our televisions. So imagine the difference we can all make by reminding people what we already know to be true -- that what they see on television is never the full truth; and that each person has the right to be weird if they aren't hurting anyone. Nobody with half a brain will disagree with you on either point, and it can be as simple as saying "Hmmm, to each their own!" and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by favorite View Post
    how fake or outrageous or unfair such media coverage is.
    Ipossible to say it better: It's what really gets me mad. The "coverage of asshole" which media are putting us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollbear View Post
    Well, it did happen once with my girlfriend and I while we were watching 1000 ways to die. She just hugged me and said "ill never treat you like that baby."
    I wish I hadn't looked that up. I was in a good mood until the narrator of that show flat out pissed me off. Why does someone have to be a "sick little freak", just because they enjoy acting like a baby!? I bet if it was two females making out in diapers, he'd be all over that shit. SMDH.