Thread: Girly Todler recipes

Default Girly Todler recipes

I was wondering if there are any good recipes for like lunch, dinner, or dessert. Simple fish sticks and frozen foods are hard to keep in my apartment because I end up going through them too quick. What did parents in the days of wood burning stoves do to keep their little ones happy?

Any of you know of any recipes?

The last one I seen that was really neat was tidied cupcakes for My little pony fans.

MY LITTLE PONY CUPCAKES - NERDY NUMMIES - YouTube

easter bunny cupcakes, hotdog rolls. (tinned hotdogs in a rolled up slice of bread with the crusts off and tomato sauce), cottage pie, spaghetti bolognese, the spaghetti cut short

In the days of wood or coal burning cook stoves it was a lot of baked goods. Mostly cookies, cakes. or pies. Mom used to bake once a week to keep us in baked goods.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    In the days of wood or coal burning cook stoves it was a lot of baked goods. Mostly cookies, cakes. or pies. Mom used to bake once a week to keep us in baked goods.
    I had one in the cabin I lived in , in Washington State. Up in the mountains. Place called Hot Springs. They are fun to learn how to cook on.

We had a functioning wood stove in our cottage in Canada. My mother-in-law would do all kinds of baking including lemon meringue pies. Wow, were those good!

Wink Heartdrop Cheesecake

Ingredients:

2 packs Cheesecake mix
    2 1/2 cups of Skim Milk
    1 box Grahmcrackers
    2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
    5 Tbsp. Butter
    Strawberry Jelly

Directions:

Melt 5 Tbsp. of butter on stovetop in pan on high. When the butter starts melting, turn it back down to low gradually so the butter doesnt burn. When all of the butter is liquidy, mix with the grahmcrackers by putting them both in a large bowl and crushing them up with 2 Tbsp. brown sugar. Blend together untill chunky. Form this mix into the bottom of a pie or dessert tray - this will be the crust!
    The filling is easy, just mix the 2 1/2 cups with 2 packs of your preferred cheesecake mix in a large bowl, then blend untill thick and whippy. Glob that over the crust and smooth out with a cake knife. Let it sit in a freezer after being smoothed out and made to look pretty for about 20 min.
    Adding the Jelly - grab it out of the freezer along with a tube of strawberry jelly. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to design heart shaped jelly molds on the surface of the cake~ put it back in the freezer for another 20-40 min. ENJOY~

Thank you! I like Cheesecake. It has been almost 2 years the last time I had homemade Cheesecake. I like the nice quick method too.

Red face Your Welcomes~

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    Thank you! I like Cheesecake. It has been almost 2 years the last time I had homemade Cheesecake. I like the nice quick method too.
    Your welcomes~ Cheesecake is pretty awesome huh? Honestly you could take my quick recipie and add any designs you want on there or use melted chocolate instead of strawberry!