Thread: Paci and teath issue

Question Paci and teath issue

I know others had problems with the paci pushing up against their teeth. I have a Nuk 5 in my mouth right now and is a little bothersome but taking it out every so often helps. I am getting so much comfort from the paci itself that it is not enough to make me quit completely.

I am just worried that it may do major damage to my top two teeth. To be honest if it does not affect the way I eat or talk I am not going to quit.

My ultimate question is would a baby paci do the same thing or worse? Is there a paci with a longer neck to stretch the bulb further in?

My nuk5 paci and bottle will make my teeth feel funny if I have it in for a while (like an hour or more) but I have a small-ish mouth. You might want to try a Nuk 4 or get a longer neck #5 paci from:

Shop for Pacifiers FREE NUK 5 > AUGUST 2013 PROMO – $32.99 OFF CART PURCHASE OF $100 or more – (VALUE OF A LATEX MODIFIED TEAT 5) AKA NUK

If they made a #4 with a long neck I'd be buying that but I'm thinking of saving up for both a #4 and a long #5 and see which is better.

I have a harder time with the baby paci's (even the 36+ month ones) messing with my teeth and I get jaw cramps from the baby ones.

There are extended teat versions from pacifiers r us but they're on the pricy side. I use their size 7's which work good for me. I have two more on order which I should get
    in a few days. They're extended teat 7's but with different guards that are a little narrower than the ones I have now.

I don't have to deal with the teeth problem any more had to have them pulled because of other health problems. The 36 month paci for babies is working good for me.

I gone ahead got one. I hope I got the right one with a long neck. Have any of you tried to return a paci to Pacifiers R Us? I think I got the right one just a little worried.

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    I gone ahead got one. I hope I got the right one with a long neck. Have any of you tried to return a paci to Pacifiers R Us? I think I got the right one just a little worried.
    I think you will enjoy it when you get it. It will fit further back in your mouth with the bulb more between your tongue and the roof of your mouth. I've never had to return one to them.

Hi there I got my first NUK 5 about a year and a half ago from Pacifiers R Us, I went with silicon cause I like that smooth texture. I liked it but i did not like the slight seam all around the edge. I then ordered a regular whit NUK 5 in latex to feel the difference, once I got over the slight "taste" and texture difference I realized I loved the latex. It sat slightly different in my mouth length wise, more like my thumb. I also found the latex moulded really nice against the roof of my mouth. From there latex won me over and I actually just got two new ones today
    I'm glad I tried both materials (albeit pricy) and I'm also happy to find getting the 5 was a good fit for me.

I've been a lifetime thumb sucker and I do have a slight over bite but nothing drastic. I have not noticed any change thus far from using my dummies.

I'm sure you will be happy with your new purchase. I know that I kind of panicked after I bought my first one because I wasn't sure if I made the right choice on size or guard type lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckyDucky View Post
    Hi there I got my first NUK 5 about a year and a half ago from Pacifiers R Us, I went with silicon cause I like that smooth texture. I liked it but i did not like the slight seam all around the edge. I then ordered a regular whit NUK 5 in latex to feel the difference, once I got over the slight "taste" and texture difference I realized I loved the latex. It sat slightly different in my mouth length wise, more like my thumb. I also found the latex moulded really nice against the roof of my mouth. From there latex won me over and I actually just got two new ones today
    I'm glad I tried both materials (albeit pricy) and I'm also happy to find getting the 5 was a good fit for me.

I've been a lifetime thumb sucker and I do have a slight over bite but nothing drastic. I have not noticed any change thus far from using my dummies.

I'm sure you will be happy with your new purchase. I know that I kind of panicked after I bought my first one because I wasn't sure if I made the right choice on size or guard type lol.
    Also a life long thumb sucker. Have beat by a few years., but it has been a thumb or paci in my mouth at night since the age of 14